New drinking commuter bus in North Beach

allan1058

Just heard from somebody that starting this weekend their will be a bus that travels around to all the local bars for only $0.25 on weekends thru labor day. Anybody have any info or a website?

smilin

BOXER NATION
Just heard from somebody that starting this weekend their will be a bus that travels around to all the local bars for only $0.25 on weekends thru labor day. Anybody have any info or a website?

Nope, but it reminds me of the Island Shuttle (of days gone by) on Solomons Island.
Great idea if only the drunks would take advantage of it.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
The buses in Ocean City can get very interesting at night. I've seen some strange, funny and sometimes frightening things on those buses. I'm wondering if the buses in North Beach will be as interesting.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Manny Garcia!

You got it! Mary White then Lowrey Brooks.
Could not believe the stories of drunks spending their last bucks on a Mai Tai then getting popped for a $2000 DWI instead of spending $5.00 on a ride home!
As the island turns.

:larry:

KMPaddy2255

Yep, it's true! It's a trolley (sp?) You should see the way they painted all the stops. It does go all the way to Skipper's Pier. They put all these pretty benches at the stop by the boardwalk, I'm just waiting for them to get spray painted on. The police station right next to where the benches are were spray painted last year! It should make for interesting nights on the "Drunk Bus". It's good to keep ppl from drinking and driving though!

KMPaddy2255

Found this on Washington Post.com & Bay Weekly has it too.

Trolley service targeting marinas, beaches and businesses from northern Calvert into Anne Arundel County is planned for the summer.

The Beach Trolley Association is seeking $35,000 to support a trolley that would run between the Chesapeake Beach Railway Museum and the Deale area.

The idea is to provide weekend transportation for boaters, visitors and residents to go to the many shops, grocery stores and restaurants, said Stewart B. Cumbo, president of the trolley group.

"It is the first year," said Cumbo, who is also a Chesapeake Beach Town Council member. He said the association initially considered two trolleys but decided on running one. "We wanted to be reasonable, to see what we could afford and see if it is a viable transportation system."

Adjustments to the two-hour loop schedule and service arrangements could be made in the first year and beyond, if the service continues for a second season, he said. The BTA is working on a schedule for the trolley's nearly 55 stops along Routes 261, 2 and 256, which would include some residential communities, such as Burnt Oaks in North Beach.

We are looking to get a great deal of support from the business community, because we feel they will be the ones who benefit from this," Cumbo said. He added that the group has not sought government grants or other types of funding to support the service because of the accelerated timeline for the project. However, he expressed optimism that a proven service record in the trolley's first year would help secure such grants in subsequent years.

The management of Herrington Harbour North near Tracey's Landing, and Herrington Harbour South in Rosehaven, pledged $5,000 to get the group started.

We firmly believe it will be a positive thing for this community by getting a trolley up and running. It is going to show interest in the inaugural year so granting associations will see how beneficial this trolley will be to the area," said Jed Dickman, marina manager at Herrington Harbour South.

C

CalvertNewbie

Hey if it'll bring me back to Huntingtown, I'll be there every weekend! Hell, I'll even pay more than a quarter! :lmao:

I guess it could be a good idea for the immediate North Beach area, rather than having people driving from bar to bar. But when it comes time to get home, the idiots will still drive from North Beach to wherever they live. So it's not gonna make the roads any safer.

allan1058

Yep, it's true! It's a trolley (sp?) You should see the way they painted all the stops. It does go all the way to Skipper's Pier. They put all these pretty benches at the stop by the boardwalk, I'm just waiting for them to get spray painted on. The police station right next to where the benches are were spray painted last year! It should make for interesting nights on the "Drunk Bus". It's good to keep ppl from drinking and driving though!

any info online about it?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
You got it! Mary White then Lowrey Brooks.
Could not believe the stories of drunks spending their last bucks on a Mai Tai then getting popped for a $2000 DWI instead of spending $5.00 on a ride home!
As the island turns.

:larry:

I remember all of them. Sadly, Lowrey died a few years ago.

C

CalvertNewbie

Use the extra $$$ to tip the driver, imagine what they'll have to put up with every night!

Yeah, there's no way I would even consider driving that bus. I wish the drivers a lot of luck. I can only imagine the stories they'll have after a LONG night of dealing with people acting like fools.

smilin

BOXER NATION
Loooong night

Yeah, there's no way I would even consider driving that bus. I wish the drivers a lot of luck. I can only imagine the stories they'll have after a LONG night of dealing with people acting like fools.

I remember coming across the van parked with all the seats pulled out in a parking lot somewhere in Solomons Island.
I pulled up and saw the driver with a hose washing the interior out. She would turn the hose on then retch and run out retch again then go back in and wash it out again.
:barf:
All the water came out MAI TAI RED!
Yech!
:lmao:
Then I got talked into helping...................

C

CalvertNewbie

I remember coming across the van parked with all the seats pulled out in a parking lot somewhere in Solomons Island.
I pulled up and saw the driver with a hose washing the interior out. She would turn the hose on then retch and run out retch again then go back in and wash it out again.
:barf:
All the water came out MAI TAI RED!
Yech!
:lmao:
Then I got talked into helping...................

That's so nasty! :barf:

Something tells me she probably didn't make enough to be stuck dealing with that kind of crap. She probably left for a new job shortly thereafter! And you.....you must have a heart of gold. As bad as I would have felt for her, I wouldn't have helped. :lmao: