Lost parrot gives vet his name and address

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Awesome Story!

TOKYO, Japan (AP) -- When Yosuke the parrot flew out of his cage and got lost, he did exactly what he had been taught -- recite his name and address to a stranger willing to help.

Lost in Tokyo, Yosuke the parrot was able to give his name and address to get taken home.

Police rescued the African grey parrot two weeks ago from a neighbor's roof in the city of Nagareyama, near Tokyo. After spending a night at the station, he was transferred to a nearby veterinary hospital while police searched for clues, local policeman Shinjiro Uemura said.

He kept mum with the cops, but began chatting after a few days with the vet.

Lost parrot gives vet his name and address - CNN.com

Cowgirl

Awesome Story!

TOKYO, Japan (AP) -- When Yosuke the parrot flew out of his cage and got lost, he did exactly what he had been taught -- recite his name and address to a stranger willing to help.

Lost in Tokyo, Yosuke the parrot was able to give his name and address to get taken home.

Police rescued the African grey parrot two weeks ago from a neighbor's roof in the city of Nagareyama, near Tokyo. After spending a night at the station, he was transferred to a nearby veterinary hospital while police searched for clues, local policeman Shinjiro Uemura said.

He kept mum with the cops, but began chatting after a few days with the vet.

Lost parrot gives vet his name and address - CNN.com

That's so cute! :lmao: And he didn't talk to the cops....:giggle:

maaaagic567

Too Cute

Parrotmom
check this out - now we know why Magic and Kia ignore Ritchie. Has Ritchie ever visited you wearing his uniform?

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Hahahaha - Mary, I like to believe they've with held past info because they enjoy being here - gesh :) :) Now I know what we need to teach all the birds, I'll just make a recording and leave it on for them at night! My luck they're off by a number and someone else ends up with one of our guys or even worse you move and that's the address they remember! What an amazing story though! They are so smart :)

Gwydion

:yay:

When I was a volunteer at the Catoctin Wildlife Preserve and Zoo, they had one Macaw that would refuse to work with anybody but Whitney, the owner. It used to climb to the top limb in their exhibit and squawk "I want Whitney. Go away. I want Whitney. Go away."

Whitney claimed she didn't teach it that. I have my doubts.

:lmao:

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Yeah that's what I was thinking too, I don't have immediate moving plans, but I don't think we'll be here forever :) Just invest in a microchip :) Flyingdog - what kind of bird(s) do you have?

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Hahaha - after Mike the headless chicken, that's just sick :lmao: Have you had Mike since was a baby?

We have 2 Greys (Magic, approx 25ish - we're his second home and Kya, approx 20's - her 3rd home and she was a wild caught), 2 BFA (Kelley, 26 y/o and mean as all get out and Snipper, 24 y/o.) We also have 7 cockatiels ( ages 8 months to 17 y/o) and a few parakeets that somehow ended up here too, but they are entertaining in their own little way :)

Snipper just joined our family this past month. We had been searching for a pal for Kellbird, as he's a total jerk when around other birds anyway, so I figured if we could find a equally ornery BFA to spend his days with he would be happier (long story but he and Magic were good buddies until Kya joined our family and she booted Kell out of the loop, so Kell being the psycho he is about other birds really needed a pal of his own) So now I have to be really fast when I bring them out breakfast and dinner because both Kell and Snip try to tag team me, but that's fine I just love watching them interact and groom one another - so it is well worth dealing with Amazon attitudes :)

Our Greys are Greys, moody but still great companions. They often choose to come find us if we're not near their room, we joke that Kya is my husband's stalker. While she doesn't want to be made all over be she loves just sitting next to Andy where ever he is. He was repairing the wall to their room after we installed the pocket doors and Kya sat right next to him the whole time, hahaha, she looked like she was his assistant :) If he moved she just followed him to his new location.

They are all a joy to have in our home, even our evil boys are a pleasure in their own "special" way :)

maaaagic567

Parrotmom
I am waiting for Kya to find Andy's lip - and I am betting he will find himself on the outside of the door just like Elijah did- LOL - NO - that was not funny!!!!!

Parrotmomm

What's one more bird?
Kya's a girl *gesh* And while Andy never did like Elijah (latching onto his face that time definately set them up for a bad relationship), we just couldn't trust him after Addy was born (I'm afraid I would have hurt him myself if he had attacked her like he did everyone else :( Now that he's with Terry's family he's accepted the whole family, he's no longer as "agrressively protective", when we went to visit him last fall he was even tolerant of Andy being next to me!
I can't help but to believe that Magic and Kya both like watching Addy dance around their room, haha, I often wonder if they think she's their pet :)