Western Union

-lilgiggles-

...trying to keep up...
Does any one know what time the Western Union at Food Lion closes? Also, any idea of how long it takes for the money to get through to wherever you're sending it??

TIA!

AiryT

Does any one know what time the Western Union at Food Lion closes? Also, any idea of how long it takes for the money to get through to wherever you're sending it??

TIA!

I don't know when the WU in Food Loin closes, but how long it takes to get there depends on how you send it. If you send it Money in Minutes (which I think is probablly the most expensive), they will get it in well, minutes depending where it's being sent. I think if you send it regularly, it will get there within a 24 hours or so.

-lilgiggles-

...trying to keep up...
Thanks! ...How expensive do you mean? I know someone who did it once and had to pay about $20 to send it, but I don't know which option she chose.

AiryT

Depends on how much you're sending. I sent $30.00 (money in minutes) about a month ago and it cost $20.00. You can also send it online at westernunion.com

-lilgiggles-

...trying to keep up...
Holy crap! Thats crazy for it to cost almost as much as what you sent!!
Yeah, I found the online thing this morning, but I already got the money out of the ATM last night, so its no longer in my bank account. I was kicking myself for not finding that earlier.

Thanks for your help!

I know you said you weren't sure what time they closed, but it shouldn't be any earlier than 2pm, right?

peanutman

That's funny you ask this question!

I sent my cousin some money thur Western Union. It cost me $14.99 for the Money in Mins. This was back in November 07. I also went to Food Lion about 7:30 PM. I know you can do it online with your credit card but it was alot of fees.

Now, my cousin comes back to town this weekend. He hasn't said a thing about that money since he needed it! Should I ask for it back?

A

amotley

That's funny you ask this question!

I sent my cousin some money thur Western Union. It cost me $14.99 for the Money in Mins. This was back in November 07. I also went to Food Lion about 7:30 PM. I know you can do it online with your credit card but it was alot of fees.

Now, my cousin comes back to town this weekend. He hasn't said a thing about that money since he needed it! Should I ask for it back?

heck tell him ten bucks a week towards it would be good

(heck thats almost 2 gallons of gas lol)

-lilgiggles-

...trying to keep up...
Haha bring it up casually, and see what he says. Some people are just oblivious to things and don't think about responsibilities like paying someone back. Then others will intentionally see how far they can get without owing people. (I know several people who will borrow money, etc. knowing that the lender is too nice to blatantly ask for it back, so the borrower will simply avoid that topic and never repay their friend.)

At least your cousin is family, so you're going to stay in touch with him for the rest of his life. If you ever need something - hold it over his head! haha
(ok that's mean too...)

-lilgiggles-

...trying to keep up...
You're fine! You reassured me that they stay open later than I need and that it might cost less than $20 to send.

Thank you!