Getting the Word out to CRE membership

S

shiki

I went to the Board meeting and it was interesting. I was glad that I went. I do think that the membership has a right to have information about the happenings and actions of the board with enough time to give the membership the ability to vote on things in an educated and informed manner. If anyone is interested in helping me with the newsletter which would be an online venue sent to member emails.

I am thinking that I will start to record the meetings I attend so that I can present a summary of issues discussed etc. to the membership that would be useful in keeping the process transparent.

Added thoughts:

Perhaps a personal forum at SOMD would be a good way to get this information out to the membership?

woogie

GREAT IDEA! Not only that, but MAYBE if the "powers that be"
realize that they are being watched and recorded (no rules
against that), then MAYBE they will NOT be so inclined to do
whatever they want and MAYBE they will start to do things
LEGALLY and CORRECTLY.

MAYBE NOT.......

But at least SOMEBODY will be getting the word out, and that
is good!:patriot:

S

shiki

GREAT IDEA! Not only that, but MAYBE if the "powers that be"
realize that they are being watched and recorded (no rules
against that), then MAYBE they will NOT be so inclined to do
whatever they want and MAYBE they will start to do things
LEGALLY and CORRECTLY.

MAYBE NOT.......

either way the membership will get information that isn't "board approved" and will get a lot more info period.

Of course I won't be able to do it all alone and would need help. So anyone who can help out with this idea please let me know.

Not sure what to call it tho.

Ranch Club Beacon? Sounds like a sandwhich :jameo:

punchbuggy

I'm glad someone is willing to do this but what is the point in having elections and a board if they don't do their jobs? I'm totally teed off on all of the b.s. Where is the management in all of this? The members have no control or say. It's totally out of control! :whack::whack:

Jbeckman

I wrote in another post (reference your idea Shiki) and how about a first doing a postcard (large one) to the community members and quick "what is going on" to them and contact info...and plan a open meeting maybe. If a newsletter is done (whether after postcard or first off) we can offer emailed or internet newsletter in leiu of printed if perferred by members and offer an opt out.
I am willing to get some large post cards and maybe we could use a printing company (or I can check the cost of large postcards printed) and we could design the info. I agree, you can't do it alone...anyone else on board. I don't have a laptop and computer is in the upstairs bedroom...small room. But could do if needed.

woogie

punchbuggy;

The Board IS the management! This is why it is so important to become involved in the nominations and elections! Be a candidate! Run and be apart of the change. Need fresh people and fresh ideas. Need a little HONESTY ond OPENESS between the Board and the Members.

Jbeckman

Management answers to the board most often, not the members...which is wrong. The GM should be the contact for the members on most issues...
But canididates are sorely needed.
And member issues with simple rules or needs should go the members.
Got a pothole, runoff on roadway, clogged pipes, other items...to the GM

either way the membership will get information that isn't "board approved" and will get a lot more info period.

Of course I won't be able to do it all alone and would need help. So anyone who can help out with this idea please let me know.

Not sure what to call it tho.

Ranch Club Beacon? Sounds like a sandwhich :jameo:

I have experience in Graphic Design and would love to help any way I can.

S

shiki

You could call it "THE X FILES" "The Truth is Out There" :lmao:

:flowers: we should come up with some names and then post a poll

I wrote in another post (reference your idea Shiki) and how about a first doing a postcard (large one) to the community members and quick "what is going on" to them and contact info...and plan a open meeting maybe. If a newsletter is done (whether after postcard or first off) we can offer emailed or internet newsletter in leiu of printed if perferred by members and offer an opt out.
I am willing to get some large post cards and maybe we could use a printing company (or I can check the cost of large postcards printed) and we could design the info. I agree, you can't do it alone...anyone else on board. I don't have a laptop and computer is in the upstairs bedroom...small room. But could do if needed.

I think we can do some time of mass post card/flyer, hand them out to everyone and get the word out about what is going on. I think a town hall meeting is a great idea and id id say something on the POACRE forum to that effect. Can we hold those meetings at admin or clubhouse?

Jbeckman

Location...should be able to clubhouse for free..but that remains to be seen.
Could check the community center or one of the local schools.