Stove parts?

sinwagon

The little heating coil thingy in our oven caught fire last night so we need to get a new one. Does anyone know of any place that sells parts for a stove? I already tried Lowes and the Sears store, they say we have to order it. Was wondering if there were any places that may stock it. It is a GE stove.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
The little heating coil thingy in our oven caught fire last night so we need to get a new one. Does anyone know of any place that sells parts for a stove? I already tried Lowes and the Sears store, they say we have to order it. Was wondering if there were any places that may stock it. It is a GE stove.
That heating coil thingie is called a heating element, and you'll most likely have to order it, unless you can find someone locally that deals with GE. Even then, depending on the age of the stove, it may need to be ordered. Check your yellow pages for APPLAINCE REPAIR companies.

leonardtowngal

call Sanders Applicance on the corner of Chingville Rd and Rt 5. If they don't have it, they can order one for you. Great people to work with!!!

There's an appliance center on GMR in Lex Park near Raleys. They do GE.

poster

Tribles - I believe they're in waldorf.

Also if you order from Sears it will come in just a couple of days.