Flea Market

S

shiki

Is there a flea market or swap meet at the fairgrounds in PF, on 231? Does anyone have contact info?

dawn

Is there a flea market or swap meet at the fairgrounds in PF, on 231? Does anyone have contact info?

I think its every saturday they have a flea market. My friend used to go up there and sell. You just go, set up and someone comes around and collects. I dont remember what it the price was, it was either 10 or 20 dollars. She always sold alot of stuff there.

Sorry I dont have any contact info, but I know she just set up and the people came around and collected. No reservations required.

poster

I think its every saturday they have a flea market. My friend used to go up there and sell. You just go, set up and someone comes around and collects. I dont remember what it the price was, it was either 10 or 20 dollars. She always sold alot of stuff there.

Sorry I dont have any contact info, but I know she just set up and the people came around and collected. No reservations required.

True, I've done this myself couple of years now and have done well each time.

There are wood blocks in the ground marking the spaces, about 20' apart I'm guessing. You must stay between them but can put things all the way to the road. If you take up too much room they'll charge you for it. Basics: You can't sell food and must pick up your own trash. Someone will come collect the fee, it was $10 last I went, about 9-10AM.

Just to give you a heads up, be very early and set up about mid-way down.
The "regulars" there can get nasty about what they consider "their" spaces.

Good Luck :howdy:

poster

Oh - I forgot to mention. Last time I went there were port-a-jons available at the wood line next to the rental hall. You might want to drive by and check it out because if they're not there, you won't have a bathroom. Also if you have a beach umbrella bring it, absolutely no shade and it gets really hot due to the traffic.

First time I went we didn't bring a cooler and had nothing to drink or eat.
We ordered pizza.....sometimes there are hot dogs and drinks available but don't count on it, they don't always show up.

S

shiki

There are wood blocks in the ground marking the spaces, about 20' apart I'm guessing. You must stay between them but can put things all the way to the road. If you take up too much room they'll charge you for it. Basics: You can't sell food and must pick up your own trash. Someone will come collect the fee, it was $10 last I went, about 9-10AM.

what is "very early"? because 9-10 is my definition of it :tantrum

Thank you very much for the info :love:

C

CalvertNewbie

Be there ready by 7am - you'll be surprised by the amount of people that will stop that early.

Is it mostly just crafts that are being sold there? I haven't been to a flea market in a long time but remember buying a lot of good things as a kid when we went.

poster

Is it mostly just crafts that are being sold there? I haven't been to a flea market in a long time but remember buying a lot of good things as a kid when we went.

It's more of an overgrown yard sale.
On any given Sat. there may be 5-20 venders there.
There are regulars but I've only notice 2-3 people who bring in crafts.

C

CalvertNewbie

It's more of an overgrown yard sale.
On any given Sat. there may be 5-20 venders there.
There are regulars but I've only notice 2-3 people who bring in crafts.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow, depending on the weather.

kelb

art imitating life

Who gets that money???

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

My neighbor is going to this tomorrow to sell some things. Might give her some of my stuff to see what she can get for it.

poster

My neighbor is going to this tomorrow to sell some things. Might give her some of my stuff to see what she can get for it.

I hate it when someone does that to me. I'm too nice to say no but setting up, selling and putting away is a real pain in the a**. You should let your neighbor have some of the $$ if they do this for you.

kelb

art imitating life
I dont think I want to give a stranger 20 bucks cash either I called the government and they told me it was free to sell there

poster

I dont think I want to give a stranger 20 bucks cash either I called the government and they told me it was free to sell there

Calvert County Fair · 410.535.0026

It is a $10 fee per space and will be collected on the day of the sale.
Checks can be written to: Calvert Co Fair, Inc.

This information is per a fair board member.

S

shiki

Calvert County Fair · 410.535.0026

It is a $10 fee per space and will be collected on the day of the sale.
Checks can be written to: Calvert Co Fair, Inc.

This information is per a fair board member.

I went today and it was pretty cool. They wouldn't let me write a check tho, the lady collecting the loot looked offended that I'd even asked. :moon:

I'll be back :)

S

shiki

Any info on the Flea Market in Huntington (I think that's where it is...)