2-1/2 hrs of misery and anger

ImnoMensa

Finally got hooked up to cable.

Took 1-1/2 hrs to get through to a human being at Verizon who could cut off the extra phone I had for dial-up. The messages there just dont deal with shutting off your phone. You get a person, they put you on hold and you get cut off and have to start all over. Finally got a confirmation number. One time the computer told me it would be 6 minutes for a person to answer, would I like it if they called me back in 6 minutes, I said yes , They called back in 6 minutes and put me on friggin hold. Son of a beach.

Then I went to Dish because I put my TV on Cable too. Same thing but only half an hour this time. They dont remove the receivers from the roof. I think the reason is they dont want to be held responsible for any damage that might incur. No problem there.

Then i went to my former ISP Same problem with push this button for english, finally got a real person, In Friggin India. Couldnt understand her she couldnt understand me, they didnt have me listed by name ,by account number , but I am standing there with a bill in my hand for next years service. They got me the bill ,but couldnt find anything else, asked for a supervisor, she couldnt be understood either, finally I hung up sent them the top of the bill with a snail mail note, who knows what will happen with them,but I assume when they dont get any money they will shut me off.

There is no excuse for any company in business to be so hard to get in touch with. This is BS. We are trapped by these people and their stinking azzed computers. People all over need jobs and we cant get a real person to answer the phone???????????????

Last edited:

cwo_ghwebb

No Use for Donk Twits
I feel your pain!

Let's raise the minimum wage again so nobody can afford to hire a receptionist!

ImnoMensa

Raise the minimum wage and watch the unemployment figures raise.

Is it really better to accept less money and have a job, or better to raise wages and put people out of work.

Receptionists now are named Dell, CTX , Emachine, and whatever other name is written on the front of their computer.

chernmax

NOT Politically Correct!!
I canceled my Verizon landline service when I got VOIP, once everything was working right I just walked outside my home, opened the small phone box and unplugged it!!! :coffee:

I do feel sorry for your pain...

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
Took 1-1/2 hrs to get through to a human being at Verizon who could cut off the extra phone I had for dial-up. The messages there just dont deal with shutting off your phone. You get a person, they put you on hold and you get cut off and have to start all over. Finally got a confirmation number. One time the computer told me it would be 6 minutes for a person to answer, would I like it if they called me back in 6 minutes, I said yes , They called back in 6 minutes and put me on friggin hold. Son of a beach.

There is no excuse for any company in business to be so hard to get in touch with. This is BS. We are trapped by these people and their stinking azzed computers. People all over need jobs and we cant get a real person to answer the phone???????????????
Call 1 800 275 2355 for everything. As far as the Verizon prompts go, after entering your phone number, all you need to do is press the correct number "to disconnect your service". That's usually very easy but the problem is as you said: getting through to them. Never call on Monday or Friday. As a Verizon retiree, I don't have much good to say about them lately but I can say that I always get a nice lady when I call in for something. I never get a linguistically challenged person as I do when I call Dell or 90% of the other companies I deal with. Mostly, I get someone from southern Va and they are very friendly to me.
I do have to agree with you last statement. Having sooo many problems with Dell, I've been on the phone with them for at least 20 hours in the last 4 weeks. All the time fighting the language barrier and the incessant apologizing! Half the conversation is "oh I sorry Mr. XX for problem, I'll fix this time for you..." Who else can the USA get to be available 24/7 and work for $2 a week? This is what US companies want us to become so they can make billions but only pay out hundreds. Outsourcing is your friend they try to make us believe. Can we outsource this government? Oh that's right, we will if Obama gets in....:whistle:
You will love cable or DSL service. I can't believe that I ever used dial up! I used to think how great it was when I went from 14.4kbps to 54.4. I thought I was on the super highway until I got DSL.:yay:

Warron

Let's raise the minimum wage again so nobody can afford to hire a receptionist!

Where are you going to find a receptionist that works for minimum wage? Some complete looser who can't hold a job anywhere else or an illegal who lives 20 to a 2 bedroom apartment and can't speak english? You might as well just talk to the computer or the indians.