Ghosts...

kgalloway

As most of you know, there are tons of ghost stories from here in SOMD. If you have any true ghost stories or even just strange unexplainable stories, I would love to hear them, and if I can, possibly investigate them for you if you would like. Tell me your stories.

R

remaxrealtor

As most of you know, there are tons of ghost stories from here in SOMD. If you have any true ghost stories or even just strange unexplainable stories, I would love to hear them, and if I can, possibly investigate them for you if you would like. Tell me your stories.

PM me, I have a FABULOUS story and I'd love the scoop on it!:gossip:

Xaquin44

I guess I was about 18 (maybe 17) driving home. It was going on midnight and it was one of those nights where it looked like it could start snowing at any moment. The road I was on (Bumpy Oak Rd.) had a flat section before a large hill going up. There was a bridge followed by an old abandoned railroad crossing. I was driving along listening to the Violent Femmes when I started over the bridge.

All of a sudden a woman darted in front of my car.

I can remember every detail about her. She had dark hair and light blue eyes. and red lips. A black unbuttoned peacoat with a sort of high coller. I know I hit her, but there was no impact.

I saw a look of deathly fear in her face which appeared way too close to my windshield.

I slammed on my breaks and just shook there on the shoulder. Finaly I got out of my car, but there was nothing there. No woman, no dent in my car. nothing to indicate anything ever happened.

It was the weirdest thing thats ever happened to me.

edit: though I don't really believe in ghosts or anything, I don't have a ready reason.

Last edited:

SAB

Shirley
There was a story a long time ago about the little bridge on Dalrymple Road. Folks say you can hear a baby cry at midnight. Supposedly a baby drowned there a long time ago and people call it cry baby bridge.

jetmonkey

I guess I was about 18 (maybe 17) driving home. It was going on midnight and it was one of those nights where it looked like it could start snowing at any moment. The road I was on (Bumpy Oak Rd.) had a flat section before a large hill going up. There was a bridge followed by an old abandoned railroad crossing. I was driving along listening to the Violent Femmes when I started over the bridge.

All of a sudden a woman darted in front of my car.

I can remember every detail about her. She had dark hair and light blue eyes. and red lips. A black unbuttoned peacoat with a sort of high coller. I know I hit her, but there was no impact.

I saw a look of deathly fear in her face which appeared way too close to my windshield.

I slammed on my breaks and just shook there on the shoulder. Finaly I got out of my car, but there was nothing there. No woman, no dent in my car. nothing to indicate anything ever happened.

It was the weirdest thing thats ever happened to me.

edit: though I don't really believe in ghosts or anything, I don't have a ready reason.
That just happened to someone on Willows Road, or maybe Hermanville Road.

tommyjones

I heard Adam's Ribs was haunted. Anyone ever see anything?

it should be, back when it was the Rustic Farms the owner killed his wife somewhere in the building......

but all i ever see around there is cops and people going to the gym

Poohhunny1605

About 9-10 years ago, I was riding w/my boyfriend down rt 2 on our way back from Annapolis and I saw a black shadow run across the road and I grabbed onto him and told him to stop. He pulled over about 15-20ft from where I thought I saw this shadow and there was nothing there.

The next day I talked to my mom and I was telling her about what happend and she was in Williamsburg for a bowling tournament. She got very quiet and didn't talk for a second and I asked if she was still there. She said the exact same thing had happend to her at the same time that same night...

Isn't that weird?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
About 9-10 years ago, I was riding w/my boyfriend down rt 2 on our way back from Annapolis and I saw a black shadow run across the road and I grabbed onto him and told him to stop. He pulled over about 15-20ft from where I thought I saw this shadow and there was nothing there.

The next day I talked to my mom and I was telling her about what happend and she was in Williamsburg for a bowling tournament. She got very quiet and didn't talk for a second and I asked if she was still there. She said the exact same thing had happend to her at the same time that same night...

Isn't that weird?

Mothman.

Nanny Pam

When my daughter lived over there, she took me to a place called Cry Baby Bridge. She wanted me to , let's say..."test my abilities."

Holy Crap....that place is definitely haunted by at least 2 ghosts! I pretty sure one is a woman who died a horrific death....Much pain. There was also the sound of a baby crying. I think she could tell I felt the presence, so she got a little spooked and we left.

Then she took me to a place called "something Point" where I could feel and smell "old ghosts." They seemed to be in uniforms and seemed to be fighting. I felt that they were fighting for food. :shrug: Then I felt a COLD air run through me and I knew this place needed to be investigated.

The next night she took me to Port Tobacco....but the only thing I felt there was a dog. I remember it was a BIG dog, too.

jetmonkey

I found a ceiling cat back in 1984. Heard meowing in my apartment. Traced it to the kitchen. Had a drop ceiling. Got a chair and lifted up a tile, there was a cat head right there staring at me.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I found a ceiling cat back in 1984. Heard meowing in my apartment. Traced it to the kitchen. Had a drop ceiling. Got a chair and lifted up a tile, there was a cat head right there staring at me.

I think a cat head might scare me.