What does POACRE and The SOPRANO's have in common?

Should the POACRE Covenants be vacated?

• yes

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • no

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

exnodak

This evening I was notified by my boss that he had received a letter from the POACRE Board complaining about a letter to the editor that was published recently.

This is the POACRE Board of Directors going straight to my place of employment and delivering a directed intimidating threat to my livelihood. This is the kind of people we have managing the CRE.

I am a property owner in CRE and in no way have I ever incorporated my work affiliation with my political watchdog activity.

Embedded here is the cover email regarding the intimidating letter. When I recieve a copy of the original, I will post it as well.

----- Original Message -----
To: _________@comcast.net
Cc: @comcast.net
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:18 PM
Subject: Letter To Water Company Board

Dear Mr. Statter,
This evening you and your Board of Director's should have received a letter from the POACRE Board of Director's
that references an article where a condensed version was published in the Calvert Recorder on June 11, 2008.
This was written by Mr. Hanson and is attached for you to share with your Board.
Sincerely,
Debora Huddleston
POACRE General Manager

Last edited by a moderator:
R

residentofcre

Let me save you some heartache

Here's a copy of the letter I got by email.

Board of Directors
Chesapeake Water Association
PO Box 476
Lusby, MD 20657

June 18, 2008

Re: George Hanson’s 30 May 2008 Letter to the Editor, published in the 11 June 2008 Recorder

Dear Sirs/Madams:

We feel it necessary to address Mr. Hanson’s recent behavior involving the allegations placed on the forums of SOMD.com and Poacre.org as well as the letter to the editor referenced above. It is our opinion that his recent behavior doesn’t reflect professionalism as befits your organization or his position as General Manager. Please make this a topic of conversation at your next meeting and perhaps take him to task for it.

Further, in moving forward and fostering a neighborly environment, we respectfully request that Mr. George Hanson, General Manager, Chesapeake Water Association, as well as any other CWA board members who so choose, bring any past and future questions and comments concerning POACRE’s business and legal issues personally and directly to the Chesapeake Ranch Estates General Manager and/or Board of Directors. We have the facts to address Mr. Hanson’s allegation in his 30 May 2008 letter and would welcome the opportunity to share them.

The forums can be an effective venue for sharing all sorts of information, but for the information discussed in the referenced letter, we believe it isn’t the correct venue for this kind of information transfer. Please consider this letter a neighborly invitation to discuss all the questions and concerns Mr. Hanson, as a property owner and as CWA General Manager and your organization may have with the Property Owners Association of Chesapeake Ranch Estates.

Very Truly Yours,

Richard Navickas
Vice President on behalf of the POACRE’s Board of Directors

Attachment: Mr. Hanson’s Letter to the Editor

exnodak

Here's a copy of the letter I got by email.

Board of Directors
Chesapeake Water Association
PO Box 476
Lusby, MD 20657

June 18, 2008

Re: George Hanson’s 30 May 2008 Letter to the Editor, published in the 11 June 2008 Recorder

Dear Sirs/Madams:

We feel it necessary to address Mr. Hanson’s recent behavior involving the allegations placed on the forums of SOMD.com and Poacre.org as well as the letter to the editor referenced above. It is our opinion that his recent behavior doesn’t reflect professionalism as befits your organization or his position as General Manager. Please make this a topic of conversation at your next meeting and perhaps take him to task for it.

Further, in moving forward and fostering a neighborly environment, we respectfully request that Mr. George Hanson, General Manager, Chesapeake Water Association, as well as any other CWA board members who so choose, bring any past and future questions and comments concerning POACRE’s business and legal issues personally and directly to the Chesapeake Ranch Estates General Manager and/or Board of Directors. We have the facts to address Mr. Hanson’s allegation in his 30 May 2008 letter and would welcome the opportunity to share them.

The forums can be an effective venue for sharing all sorts of information, but for the information discussed in the referenced letter, we believe it isn’t the correct venue for this kind of information transfer. Please consider this letter a neighborly invitation to discuss all the questions and concerns Mr. Hanson, as a property owner and as CWA General Manager and your organization may have with the Property Owners Association of Chesapeake Ranch Estates.

Very Truly Yours,

Richard Navickas
Vice President on behalf of the POACRE’s Board of Directors

Attachment: Mr. Hanson’s Letter to the Editor

Thanks Becky for saving me the time.

What does my free speech in matters of my Home Owner's Association have to do with my employer, and why would such an intimidating and threatening letter be sent them?

The "facts" you allude to belong to the general membership of POACRE. If they contradict the documents I've published to date, let them be seen. They are not the Board's to hoard.

Black-Francis

Boring Boring Boring......who cares!!!! CRE is a huge dump and sespool....You people are quite annoying on the boards. Can't you please keep it on Becky's Loser Corkboard???

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Thanks Becky for saving me the time.

What does my free speech in matters of my Home Owner's Association have to do with my employer, and why would such an intimidating and threatening letter be sent them?

The "facts" you allude to belong to the general membership of POACRE. If they contradict the documents I've published to date, let them be seen. They are not the Board's to hoard.
I think they may be leaving themselves open to a lawsuit. The first amendment was still in force last time I looked, and this certainly looks like an attempt to curtail yours.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I think they may be leaving themselves open to a lawsuit. The first amendment was still in force last time I looked, and this certainly looks like an attempt to curtail yours.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

I don't think Congress had anything to do with this.

woogie

"I fear that all we have done is awakened a sleeping
giant and filled him with great resolve..."

Adm. Yamamoto upon attacking Pearl Harbor 7 DEC 1941

Good luck exnodak. Fight the good fight! It is needed!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So let me get this straight:

You, Ex, made derogatory comments about POACRE in this forum, the CRE forum and sent a letter to the editor of the Recorder. The CRE Board didn't like it, so they sent that letter to your employer, requesting that they punish you in some form for your comments???

If that is correct - WOW.

I can tell you that if I got a letter like that about one of my employees, I would send back a strongly worded letter of my own to Mr Navickas and he would REALLY have something to complain about.

Black-Francis

Yep, sure do, right on the airport. I can take my plane and fly out whenever I want to. Where is your trailer?

Funny though, you complain about the threads and you continue to read them.

awwwww little boy getting upset because he lives in a sespool? No trailers in Huntingtown bro! Just nice big houses with no crime and neighborhood boards!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
awwwww little boy getting upset because he lives in a sespool? No trailers in Huntingtown bro! Just nice big houses with no crime and neighborhood boards!

I must stick up for CRE. I have friends who live there and have never had any problems. If you don't live there, why do you care?

johnycarcinogen

Can't say I'm jealous, you probably paid $400,000 more than it cost the builder to assemble your pre-fab home. Good for you, support our local economy.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
The thing about CRE that people forget is that it's not merely a subdivision - it's almost like a small town because it's so big. It's inevitable that there will be crime of some form.

Also, the POA is more along the lines of a Town Council and if you don't like them, you can simply vote them out of office next time it comes around.

sinwagon

Is your work somehow privy to confidential information about CRE or did you use your job in some way to get information from them? I don't get it, this is so CORRUPT! I think we should protest to have the entire board revamped!

I guess I would be able to understand better if I knew what they were talking about....what did you write?