A&W in Callaway

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Today is my wedding anniversary and seeing that my husband is as unromantic as they come, I am looking at my anniversary dinner being at McDonald's or Burger King tonight. I have seen commercials for A&W restaurants and that there's one in St Mary's. Granted it's not "fine dining" material but it's a step up from McD's and BK.

I'd like to try it tonight and was wondering if it's any good. Is the menu like Applebees/Ruby Tuesdays where you can get anything from steak to mac-n-cheese? We will have kids in tow too so I'm not expecting a candlelight dinner here. :lmao:

LusbyMom

You're a LOON :)
Today is my wedding anniversary and seeing that my husband is as unromantic as they come, I am looking at my anniversary dinner being at McDonald's or Burger King tonight. I have seen commercials for A&W restaurants and that there's one in St Mary's. Granted it's not "fine dining" material but it's a step up from McD's and BK.

I'd like to try it tonight and was wondering if it's any good. Is the menu like Applebees/Ruby Tuesdays where you can get anything from steak to mac-n-cheese? We will have kids in tow too so I'm not expecting a candlelight dinner here. :lmao:

Been there once or twice and I don't remember the menu being like Applebees or Ruby Tuesdays.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
If you feel like a longer drive...

Ott and I had dinner with some of his family last night at the Wharfside in Edgewater. It's on 214 (Central Avenue) just west of Route 2. Small place, not fancy but clean and family owned. They have a small bar..tables inside and a nice patio area with outside dining. The food was excellent.

Dye Tied

Garden Variety Gnome
Go to Smokey Joe's BBQ and sit outside on the picnic tables. You can listen to rte. 235 traffic noise. Very unromantic but awesome food. :coffee:

MrX

High Octane
A&W Restaurants, Inc.

You could go to Thursday's in North Beach, Adam's Ribs in PF, Original Steakhouse in Edgewater just to name a few. All have good food in an Applebee's type atmosphere.

I would go to The Original Steakhouse though, love their food and service is top notch.

The Original Steak House and Sports Theater

There is one in Edgewater right in the shopping center @ Rts 2 & 214.

Last edited:

ServiceGuy

ok the last I went to A&W the food sucked and that is putting it nicly :lmao:

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
Never thought I'd see "Anniversary dinner" in the same sentence with McDonald's, Burger King, or A&W!!

And nobody really batted an eye at the thought...

:roflmao:

ServiceGuy

Almost forgot Happy Anniversary :yahoo:

basher

LEET
If he's that cheapo and unromantic, be funnier if he got you drive thru :lmao:
well, at least he remembers it's your anniversary, unlike some other fools....or maybe not?

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Thanks for some more suggestion. Some of our other "special occassion" dinners come from Checkers and Taco Bell. I was just hoping that I wouldn't have to spend the rest of the night in the bathroom. :lol: