Im in a fork in the road..

cyberB2008

I need some major help Im in a fork in the road for the fall (If you know what I mean).
I have Two choices that I cant make my mind of, One go to CSM for 2 years while working a job for $7.00/hour plus paying for gas, books/tuition etc...
Or my second choice spend the summer preparing for joining the Navy. Which do I pick????:confused:

Oh I forgot If things go right the AFTER 4 years of service the Navy will Pay for my college (thank you GI bill)

Last edited:

CRoyal

Infinite Impetus
I need some major help Im in a fork in the road for the fall (If you know what I mean).
I have Two choices that I cant make my mind of, One go to CSM for 2 years while working a job for $7.00/hour plus paying for gas, books/tuition etc...
Or my second choice spend the summer preparing for joining the Navy. Which do I pick????:confused:

Navy.

SoMDGirl42

Typically, most people are AT a fork in the road, not IN a fork in the road. We have enough dumb sailors, go to college and get educated.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
How to you "prepare" to join the Navy? :confused:

Anyway, of course you would join the military. Get paid while learning a trade, get money for college, excellent job prospects when you get out, incredible benefits, travel and see the world a bit. Why wouldn't you take advantage of this?

qbee

Navy will show you opportunities/interests CSM wont. You can also go to college anytime you want while the Navy pays and you wont have to suffer doing a $7.00 an hour job you hate.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Seeing and experiencing a LOT of the world was great.
Can't get that in college.

If you don't want to travel all over the world, don't join the military.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Anyway, of course you would join the military. Get paid while learning a trade, get money for college, excellent job prospects when you get out, incredible benefits, travel and see the world a bit. Why wouldn't you take advantage of this?

You don't have an input as to how things are done
You don't call in and say you're running late
You don't say I'll get to that in a few minutes, when told to do something
You don't decide what you'll wear or how you cut your hair.
Nobody working with you will be named "Dude"

They tell you how to walk and when to eat.
They even tell you exactly how you'll fold your underwear.
If you don't like it, a great big fellow will get right up in your face and explain it to you.

It's not for everybody.

cyberB2008

How to you "prepare" to join the Navy? :confused:

Work out!: Running, sit-ups, Curl-ups, swimming

thistle

Oh I forgot If things go right the AFTER 4 years of service the Navy will Pay for my college (thank you GI bill)

There are always more than 2 options. Why not go get a 4 year degree from a university?

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Only worry about that if you want to get into the SEALS or a diving unit.

Boot camp swimming is jump in a pool and don't drown for 5 minutes :lol:

:roflmao:
Someone I know was supposed to be getting into the Navy (would have been a bathroom-cleaner though :lol:) and he couldn't even do a single push up :shrug: Boy was that a funny thing to watch.