"Cujo"

B

Betty_Elms

I know it's over 2 decades old, but I just read it. I think the movie is so ruined for me now, the book was much more in depth (duh). So sad to read the parts from Cujo's perspective....had to go give my dog a hug:smile:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I remember I read that book back in high school. I was paranoid of bunny rabbits after that. :lmao: And my aunt had a st. bernard who was just the sweetest dawg, but I didn't want to get to close to him either anymore.
Stephen King gave me more terrors as a child than I ever had on my own. Between "It" and "Carrie" and "The Stand" and "Cujo" it's a wonder I ever left my childhood home. :roflmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I talked to my boss a few minutes ago. One of his neighbors found out that one of their animals has rabies.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Cujo

I read the book way before the movie came out. The movie stunk.
One of his neighbors found out that one of their animals has rabies.
Poor doggie. Didn't they keep him/her vaccinated?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Cujo

Originally posted by Sharon
Poor doggie. Didn't they keep him/her vaccinated?
Not sure about the neighbors animal, but he has his dogs vaccinated, but also 2 litters of kittens that have not been vaccinated. I gave him the "Shame on you speech" already.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: Re: Cujo

Originally posted by RoseRed
Not sure about the neighbors animal, but he has his dogs vaccinated, but also 2 litters of kittens that have not been vaccinated. I gave him the "Shame on you speech" already.

Don't think the kittens can be vaccinated until the age of 4 months. I'm not certain that they will have immunity from the mother until that age though. If they've been in contact with the rabid animal, they will probably need to be euthanized. :frown:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Cujo

Originally posted by cattitude
Don't think the kittens can be vaccinated until the age of 4 months. I'm not certain that they will have immunity from the mother until that age though. If they've been in contact with the rabid animal, they will probably need to be euthanized. :frown:
I'm not sure how they found out, I was a bit distracted when he called. I answerd the phone "YES!" instead of "hello" :blushing: The kittens most likely will be put down because I don't think they are very old, 3 months maybe.

Do you know if there is a way to test a live animal?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Re: Re: Re: Re: Cujo

Originally posted by RoseRed
Do you know if there is a way to test a live animal?

There isn't. Brain has to be tested so animal has to be euthanized. I know..been there, done that..had the shots.:frown:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cujo

There isn't. Brain has to be tested so animal has to be euthanized. I know..been there, done that..had the shots.:frown:
That's what I thought and told him so when he said that he was going to get a few of them tested. Poor kitties.

Glad to say that my girlies are both up to date on all vaccinations.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Well, Rose, he can quarantine them for a certain period of time and that's not just watching them. They'd have to be caged. It's longer than the 10 days in a bite case but I can't recall exactly what the length is. I had a kitten that I was fostering years ago that had rabies. All of my animals had to have their rabies shots boosted. If the dog tests positive (or if it did), the county and state health departments get involved and they take it very seriously and investigate thoroughly. The year the kitten tested positively, it was the only cat that year in the state of Maryland that was known to have tested positively for rabies. What luck...

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by Vince
I think my favorite has to be "The Stand." The book was better than the movie. :biggrin:
That was a good book. The movie was pretty good too, but it helped to have read the book first.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Well, Rose, he can quarantine them for a certain period of time and that's not just watching them. They'd have to be caged. It's longer than the 10 days in a bite case but I can't recall exactly what the length is. I had a kitten that I was fostering years ago that had rabies. All of my animals had to have their rabies shots boosted. If the dog tests positive (or if it did), the county and state health departments get involved and they take it very seriously and investigate thoroughly. The year the kitten tested positively, it was the only cat that year in the state of Maryland that was known to have tested positively for rabies. What luck...
I don't think they are going to keep them all anyway. Hopefully lessons learned. Spay, neuter and vaccinate.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Stephen King books don't translate well to the screen. I'm trying to think of ones that did and I'm only coming up with "Carrie" and "Stand By Me".

"The Stand" wasn't too bad but not what it could have been. Rob Lowe as Nick? I don't think so.

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by vraiblonde
"The Stand" wasn't too bad but not what it could have been. Rob Lowe as Nick? I don't think so.

Yeah, but Gary Sinise as Stu......:biggrin:
I agree the movie could have been much better, the book was awesome.
I actually liked the film "Delores Claiborne" as much as the book. I think that is the one case where I liked the movie better actually. Maybe it's just because I thought Kathy Bates made a great Delores. Jennifer Jason Leigh was good as Selena as well....
The book version made me a little sleepy at times.

B

Betty_Elms

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Ooh BABY! In the book I had him pictured as much older, even though they said he was only in his 30's. Sinese is HOT!

Lol,I agree again. I can't put my finger on what's attractive about him, but I think hot is a good way to describe him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can't put my finger on what's attractive about him
He looks like a guy. He's not pretty and you don't picture him moussing his hair. He has a great smile and his eyes crinkle when he laughs.

You know who else I think is hot? Viggo Mortensen. He was a babe in G.I. Jane and they couldn't have picked a better Aragorn. But apparently he's a flake in real life so :ohwell:.