This Sunday at Pepper's Pet Pantry in Solomons

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
There will be MANY rescue groups, vendors and even David Norris to entertain attendees.

Please come out and support all the rescues that give tirelessly of their personal time to find homes for the needing animals in the tri-county area.

We will have some awesome dogs, as as some new puppies looking for their forever homes!

Come meet Jeff and Mutt Mutt, an odd companion pair that showed up at a rescuers house and the owner never came forward. These two are totally vetted and are best friends. They really need a home together and they go paw-in-paw....

Sara, sweet as can be and looking for love ....

3 cute as buttons 8 week old Pit Mixes, ready to fill your life with excitement and energy!

Attachments

• Pup2RightwhiteFoot.jpg
    Pup2RightwhiteFoot.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 194
  • pup1Face.jpg
    pup1Face.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 155
  • Pup3face.jpg
    Pup3face.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 151
  • SaraFace.jpg
    SaraFace.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 120
  • JeffMuttMutt.JPG
    JeffMuttMutt.JPG
    26.9 KB · Views: 134

frequentflier

happy to be living
There will be MANY rescue groups, vendors and even David Norris to entertain attendees.

Please come out and support all the rescues that give tirelessly of their personal time to find homes for the needing animals in the tri-county area.

We will have some awesome dogs, as as some new puppies looking for their forever homes!

Come meet Jeff and Mutt Mutt, an odd companion pair that showed up at a rescuers house and the owner never came forward. These two are totally vetted and are best friends. They really need a home together and they go paw-in-paw....

Sara, sweet as can be and looking for love ....

3 cute as buttons 8 week old Pit Mixes, ready to fill your life with excitement and energy!

I think their foster Mommy already named one of the pups "Braveheart" because he goes up and down the stairs like a champ! The other two are still a little afraid of them! They are cute!

milkshake1

Oh wow are the first pups eyes blue? They are some pretty looking pitts. Do you know what they are mixed with? Also where is this place? Think i might come check the pups out.

SoftballCrazy

Oh wow are the first pups eyes blue? They are some pretty looking pitts. Do you know what they are mixed with? Also where is this place? Think i might come check the pups out.

Pepper's Pet Pantry is located in Solomon's...from St Mary's side, once you go over the bridge to Solomon's, you'll see some shops on your right - a boater's place (Boater's World I think), True Value, and Pepper's is located by Solomon's Vet and the rib restaurant. If you see Food Lion, you've gone too far.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Pepper's Pet Pantry is located in Solomon's...from St Mary's side, once you go over the bridge to Solomon's, you'll see some shops on your right - a boater's place (Boater's World I think), True Value, and Pepper's is located by Solomon's Vet and the rib restaurant. If you see Food Lion, you've gone too far.

We are in the plaza with Patuxent Adventure Center, the Island Spa and Solomons Veterinary Hospital. There will be tents set up in the parking lot and a lot of dogs and people! (The cats will be inside the store.)
Still begging Mother Nature to be kind to us: pleasant temperatures, low humidity and NO rain.
Not stuffy like today :hot:

dgates80

Land of the lost
WOW! What a turn out! THANK YOU to everyone that came by today! It was HOT but thankfully the rain did not come and there was a nice breeze -- not too windy so as to make the tents have any issues but enough to help out with the heat (some). The doggie pools that were set up were quite popular!

And guess what? There were at LEAST 4 dogs adopted and one cat for sure, and there are a number of additional applications. We might have found "forever homes" for as many as 6 to 8 pets today -- and that makes it all worth it!

THANK YOU to everybody that made this possible!

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Second Hope Rescue

Rocked the house again today. :yahoo:

Great job today volunteers. We have the best group of peeps ever. :huggy:

Looks like Ms. Polly will finally get adopted. What a :love: ( I didn't have to compete with Softballcrazy and got Ms. Polly oh I think for about 5 mins) :lol:

Meaty is a love and looks like He found a new home with a really nice couple.

Had a nice family looking at DJ and wanting to adopt 2 more.

KK had a couple that wanted to take Rags right then and there. Rags is a Labradoodle. They went home and brought back their boxer to see if they got along. It seemed they got along great. :huggies:

Anyway it looks like several of Second Hope Rescues pup pups will be leaving and living in loving homes.

Thanks so much to the foster homes for taking care of SHR dogs and bringing them out today. :love:

The weather held up and I got my tan still workin! That's the only reason I go btw, is to work the tan. :eyebrow:

Last edited:
R

remaxrealtor

Rocked the house again today. :yahoo:

Great job today volunteers. We have the best group of peeps ever. :huggy:

Looks like Ms. Polly will finally get adopted. What a :love: ( I didn't have to compete with Softballcrazy and got Ms. Polly oh I think for about 5 mins) :lol:

Meaty is a love and looks like He found a new home with a really nice couple.

Had a nice family looking at DJ and wanting to adopt 2 more.

KK's favorite was the couple that wanted to take Rags right then and there. Rags is a Labradoodle. They went home and brought back their boxer to see if they got along. I'm like, I don't think so. Sweetpea the boxer didn't want anything to do with that Labradoodle. You know its all about them when it comes to boxers. Oh speaking from experience here. :lol:

Anyway it looks like several of Second Hope Rescues pup pups will be leaving and living in loving homes.

Thanks so much to the foster homes for taking care of SHR dogs and bringing them out today. :love:

The weather held up and I got my tan still workin! That's the only reason I go btw, is to work the tan. :eyebrow:

It was great to finally meet some of you guys! And WOW...it was a REALLY impressive set up! The pools were too fun! Thank you to all who work so hard for this wonderful cause!

R

remaxrealtor

Did I meet you :huggy:

Not sure!? I helped walk Annie the rat terrier around some, brought my mom too!

I sent some girls from the office to see the rat terriers, can't wait to see if they adopted someone! I am partial to hounds, so I fell in love with the search and rescue bloodhound. Also, met the super nice girl with the 3 pups inside....they were incredibly sweet!

frequentflier

happy to be living
It was a great day and thank you to everyone who came out.

A BIG thanks to Mary Beth for putting this on:cartwheel

Mother Nature was good to us!

It was fun!! I can't wait to see the final total of pets adopted. :yahoo:

Let's do it again after National Dog Day on August 23!

THANKS to EVERYONE that came and helped to make it a success!

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
Sounds like it turned out to be a great event! :yay:

I admire the effort you folks do for our furry friends. :clap:

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
You guys do all the work...I am glad to have a place for you to bring the animals. If Don and I fostered, I am sure we would be "foster failures!"

Most of us have failed that class....

Here's a link to some pictures of yesterday.

Definitely a great time was had by all. We were interviewed by the paper and it should be out in a couple of weeks, in that there should be a picture of Polly the AmbassaBull in the swimming pool, proving that there must be labrador in her genes somewhere......

Thanks again to Peppers Pet Pantry for giving us a place to showcase our animals!