Fred the goldfish

dn0121

My girlfriend won a goldfish last year at the St Marys fair. I named him Fred and he has a huge personality. When someone walks into the room he goes to the corner of his tank and shakes his head at you to let you know he is hungry. If you don't feed him he will splash water at you, out of his tank. I have never known a fish to have a personality.

He has also grown so much that I have to find a new tank for him. He lives through the cold and the hot temperature swings. He is fine when we go on vacation. All we do is drop one of those auto feeder shells in the water. I must say I don't think much of fish that I can't eat, but this lil guy has won me over.

madMAX

My girlfriend won a goldfish last year at the St Marys fair. I named him Fred and he has a huge personality. When someone walks into the room he goes to the corner of his tank and shakes his head at you to let you know he is hungry. If you don't feed him he will splash water at you, out of his tank. I have never known a fish to have a personality.

He has also grown so much that I have to find a new tank for him. He lives through the cold and the hot temperature swings. He is fine when we go on vacation. All we do is drop one of those auto feeder shells in the water. I must say I don't think much of fish that I can't eat, but this lil guy has won me over.

That is too funny. My sister won a gold fish two years ago at the calvert county fair and that fish has also grown huge where they had to get a different tank also. All the fish I had as a kid died within months if not a year, we never knew gold fish could live so long. :buddies:

I

Inkpen

Goldfish will grow as big as their tank will allow...the bigger the tank, the larger it will grow.

General Lee

My nephew rescued a goldfish that was still in its bag, from a trash can at one of the county fairs 6 or 7 seven years ago (If not longer). It is still alive, doing well and has gotten quite big.

Sometimes its hit or miss with goldfish.

chevylover

PIP ~ My Baby Boy!
That's funny! I just got a new tank for the golfish(Bubba) my daughter won at the fair three years ago. He went from his bowl to a 2.5 gal and is now in a ten gal. We even went to Petco and tried to give him a buddy, but the new one died a couple weeks later. But good old Bubba fish is still going strong.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces

Our betta fish would do that like she was looking for something at the bottom of her tank. It was hysterical no matter how often or for how long she did it.

covekat

Going on three yrs with our fair fish from CC...he is now about 7 inches long and quickly outgrowing his 6 gallon tank...I got him a sucker fish as a friend and that fish is getting huge too!

He also has a great personality, swims to the back of the tank when my 3 yr old approaches, begs for food when I come in the room. I never knew a goldfish could be "smart"...LOL.

Lilypad

How to Make a Goldfish Live for Decades - wikiHow

Good luck and thanks for sharing.:huggy:

dn0121

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

sadly fred died a few months back.