What was happening near Bay Forest Road last night

mrsbos

I am guessing it was maybe around 7..we were heading up to L-town for dinner and the road was closed - had to turn around and go up 5. Anyone know what was going on? When we finished eating and were coming back there were still two trucks - fire,I think - there on the side of the road.

Debbie92454

I am guessing it was maybe around 7..we were heading up to L-town for dinner and the road was closed - had to turn around and go up 5. Anyone know what was going on? When we finished eating and were coming back there were still two trucks - fire,I think - there on the side of the road.

There is a very short post already about this. My neighbors and friends had went to Elms Beach and didn't make it back home. Christina died at the scene as well as one of Eddie's cousin. Apparently, Eddie I believe was driving as the truck was his and they hit a tree from all reports. One other young huy with them is also acousin and I belive the other one was just a friend. All five are hispanic and young. Christina and Eddie are only 22 years old and now Christina is gone.

Please everyone, say a prayer for the three still in the hospital and for their famileis to get through all this. Chrisitna's sister Norma was living with them and she has to take care of all arrangements.

wineo

loving life
There is a very short post already about this. My neighbors and friends had went to Elms Beach and didn't make it back home. Christina died at the scene as well as one of Eddie's cousin. Apparently, Eddie I believe was driving as the truck was his and they hit a tree from all reports. One other young huy with them is also acousin and I belive the other one was just a friend. All five are hispanic and young. Christina and Eddie are only 22 years old and now Christina is gone.

Please everyone, say a prayer for the three still in the hospital and for their famileis to get through all this. Chrisitna's sister Norma was living with them and she has to take care of all arrangements.

I do feel for the family, but speeding, drinking and driving to not make for a happy ending. It is very sad to see young lives taken by not thinking.

I really hope others learn from this.JMHO

mrsbos

I do feel for the family, but speeding, drinking and driving to not make for a happy ending. It is very sad to see young lives taken by not thinking.

I really hope others learn from this.JMHO

Agreed,100%. I certainly did not mean to re-hash the issue ,I didn't know there was already a thread about this. I will say however,that when it comes to dinking and driving,if this was the case,thank God they only hurt themselves and not some innocent person. I'm sure I will catch all sorts of hell for saying that,but it is the truth. We all have to take the consequences of our choices and it is a shame when people who have done nothing wrong get caught up in it,and I am glad to hear this was an accident with a tree and not someones children.

wineo

loving life
Agreed,100%. I certainly did not mean to re-hash the issue ,I didn't know there was already a thread about this. I will say however,that when it comes to dinking and driving,if this was the case,thank God they only hurt themselves and not some innocent person. I'm sure I will catch all sorts of hell for saying that,but it is the truth. We all have to take the consequences of our choices and it is a shame when people who have done nothing wrong get caught up in it,and I am glad to hear this was an accident with a tree and not someones children.

Police think they were riding in the bed of the truck. One was found in the woods and one on the road, not sure if others were ejected. I am also glad they didn't hit another car or person. Very sad, but thats what happens when speed and alcohol are involved.

Debbie92454

I am almost sure that someone was in the back of the truck. Yes very sad and yes it is another tradgey of drinking and driving.

I just know Christina will be missed as she had many friends. She worked for several years at Linda's Cafe in the park. Linda will truley miss her as well.

Debbie92454

I left an update on the other post about this accident. It seems that Eddie's aunt mixed it up and said Christina was killed, when in fact it was Christina's 17 year old siter Nadia. I have known Chrisitna and Norma for over three years and always thought Norma was Christina's sister. Norma is in fact Eddie's sister and was not there. Christina is said to be in a coma with a 20% chance of recovery according to Norma. No word on the other young man as that is also a mix up as we are not sure if it was the cousin or Nadia's boyfriend that was killed. Norma did not tell us.

Still prayer out to all envolved

Last edited:

Debbie92454

If the friend that just called my husband 20 minutes ago is right. Eddie died this morning from his injuries at Surburan and Christina has also died this morning.

Will let you know if we get told anything different. That leave one and I can still not find out if he is Nadia's boyfriend or the cousin.