bobcats in southern maryland?

The past several mornings I've seen what look to be bobcats. It's been at 4:00am on the corner of Queentree Road and Widow Lane. Each morning they have been right in the middle of the street, seemingly just playing until I come up on them and then they scurry away. I told my husband they looked like a cross between a cat and a fox but they don't run like a cat. I was reading an article which said bobcats can be spotted about every 5 years in southern Maryland. Has anyone else seen them around?

M

Mousebaby

Hubby says if this is indeed what you are seeing you need to try to get a picture and send it in to DNR. This is a rare opportunity if you are seeing them. :yay:

I

Inkpen

The past several mornings I've seen what look to be bobcats. It's been at 4:00am on the corner of Queentree Road and Widow Lane. Each morning they have been right in the middle of the street, seemingly just playing until I come up on them and then they scurry away. I told my husband they looked like a cross between a cat and a fox but they don't run like a cat. I was reading an article which said bobcats can be spotted about every 5 years in southern Maryland. Has anyone else seen them around?

Where????
What town? What county?

AmyB225

We had the biggest one I ever saw in my yard over the winter--- he almost snagged my daughters ####zu one night laying under our bush on the edge of the woods. Hubby ran out bare footed and snagged up pooch the bobcat finally realized hubby was there and took off.-- very scaryyyyyyyy

surfer1

I saw exactly what you are talking about. It was about 3 weeks ago. At first I thought it was a fox as I have seen them in our yard at night but this critter had a smaller snout and what appeared to be 2 stripes on it's face. It was smaller than a fox but larger than a cat. I only saw one by himself at night in the hughesville area and only one time.