Hollywood VFD to purchase 2 NEW Fire Trucks

E

eng69ine

Hollywood VFD awards bid for new apparatus to Pierce

It is with great pleasure that the members of the HVFD announce their intention to purchase a 2009 Pierce Arrow XT pumper and a 2009 Pierce Arrow XT Heavy Duty Tractor Drawn Aerial . This action reaffirms the memberships deep commitment to providing the citizens of Hollywood and St Mary's County with apparatus for a first class Volunteer Fire Department.

The pumper will be a replacement for E-72. A unit that has provided the community with 15 years worth of very reliable service. The new engine will be an Arrow XT chassis with seating for 6. Other features include a 1250 GPM Hale Pump, Feccon ATP Foam system, 750 water tank and 30 foam tank.

The Ladder Truck will become the pride of our organization for decades to come. Hollywood entered the Truck business nearly 4 years ago with a used Tiller Truck that was once serving with the Arlington County Virginia Fire Department as truck 79 then finally as T-105. This truck has done its job and then some. It has allowed us as an organization to evaluate the sustainability of providing Truck service to our response area and given us the opportunity to learn truck operations.

The new Tiller will be on an Pierce Arrow XT chassis with seating for 7 including the tillerperson. It will have a 100' aerial with prepiped waterway, a 30KW Harrison Generator, and 277' of ground ladders. The new aerial will allow for safer operations on fire grounds with increased lighting, a much stronger ladder for the safety of our firefighters and a more functional compartment layout for our needs.

The current Truck 7 will be sold once the new one arrives.

Attachments

• Pumper%20Concept%20Drivers%20Side_thumb.jpg
    Pumper%20Concept%20Drivers%20Side_thumb.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 75
  • Pumper%20Concept%20Pass%20Side_thumb.jpg
    Pumper%20Concept%20Pass%20Side_thumb.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 71
  • TDA%20concept%20drivers%20side1.jpg
    TDA%20concept%20drivers%20side1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 77

raven

I SAID IT YES I DID !
What in the hell

Hollywood VFD awards bid for new apparatus to Pierce

It is with great pleasure that the members of the HVFD announce their intention to purchase a 2009 Pierce Arrow XT pumper and a 2009 Pierce Arrow XT Heavy Duty Tractor Drawn Aerial . This action reaffirms the memberships deep commitment to providing the citizens of Hollywood and St Mary's County with apparatus for a first class Volunteer Fire Department.

The pumper will be a replacement for E-72. A unit that has provided the community with 15 years worth of very reliable service. The new engine will be an Arrow XT chassis with seating for 6. Other features include a 1250 GPM Hale Pump, Feccon ATP Foam system, 750 water tank and 30 foam tank.

The Ladder Truck will become the pride of our organization for decades to come. Hollywood entered the Truck business nearly 4 years ago with a used Tiller Truck that was once serving with the Arlington County Virginia Fire Department as truck 79 then finally as T-105. This truck has done its job and then some. It has allowed us as an organization to evaluate the sustainability of providing Truck service to our response area and given us the opportunity to learn truck operations.

The new Tiller will be on an Pierce Arrow XT chassis with seating for 7 including the tillerperson. It will have a 100' aerial with prepiped waterway, a 30KW Harrison Generator, and 277' of ground ladders. The new aerial will allow for safer operations on fire grounds with increased lighting, a much stronger ladder for the safety of our firefighters and a more functional compartment layout for our needs.

The current Truck 7 will be sold once the new one arrives.

What in the hell do Hollywood need a Tiller for to put out barn fires? More wastefull spending.Most buildings in Hollywood you can use a 50' step ladder on.

E

eng69ine

No Seagraves ??.:frown:...:burning:

Nope but Prince Frederick just received there new Seagrave Marauder II Engine to replace the old Engine 21, that was sold last month....

Picture of new Engine 21

Attachments

• 062308_3.jpg
    062308_3.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 70
T

toppick08

Nope but Prince Frederick just received there new Seagrave Marauder II Engine to replace the old Engine 21, that was sold last month....

Picture of new Engine 21

:yay:

Does Seagrave still mainly use Screaming Detroits..??

MMDad

Lem Putt
What in the hell do Hollywood need a Tiller for to put out barn fires? More wastefull spending.Most buildings in Hollywood you can use a 50' step ladder on.

:eyebrow: A 50' step ladder? So, any idea where you would buy one of those?

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
:eyebrow: A 50' step ladder? So, any idea where you would buy one of those?

I keep one in the kitchen for getting in those hard to reach cabinets. :yay:

I also keep one around for washing the top of my truck. The 45 foot handle on the brush I use makes this and the ladder I use a good combination. :lmao:

E

eng69ine

Wally-World......:shrug:

I'm surprised Hollywood didnt go with E-One again, the Pierce's are very nice, but I dont see why they chose Pierce, when they have another E-One pumper and pumper tanker lol........ Seagrave's are nice, I wish we bought a Pierce though when we purchased our new Rescue Engine, we have had alot of problems with it, but hey isnt that what happens when you purchase a $480,000 fire truck????

frequentflier

happy to be living

I used to plow snow in upstate NY and was assigned an older dump truck and man, that thing screamed! I was glad to have earplugs; no insulation and it was noisy as all get out. Sure moved a lot of snow around, though. I also hauled snow with it- had a vibrating dump box- I remember making the guy I was working for turn 7 shades of red when I asked how to use it :lmao:

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
I used to plow snow in upstate NY and was assigned an older dump truck and man, that thing screamed! I was glad to have earplugs; no insulation and it was noisy as all get out. Sure moved a lot of snow around, though. I also hauled snow with it- had a vibrating dump box- I remember making the guy I was working for turn 7 shades of red when I asked how to use it :lmao:

:whistle:

T

toppick08

We used to have an old Pettibone loader at a steel mill I worked at that would make blood come out of your ears....It was a true work horse...