Clive Cussler

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Anyone read any of his books? A new one just came out (Plague Ship). I've got pretty much everything he's written which takes up almost an entire book shelf. If you haven't read any of his books and your into action/adventure, you should.

It all started when I picked one up at Ellies in Waldorf so my husband could have something to read on the bus commute from Waldorf to DC. That was about 7 years ago, I picked it up started reading, couldn't put it down and I've been hooked ever since.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Anyone read any of his books? A new one just came out (Plague Ship). I've got pretty much everything he's written which takes up almost an entire book shelf. If you haven't read any of his books and your into action/adventure, you should.

It all started when I picked one up at Ellies in Waldorf so my husband could have something to read on the bus commute from Waldorf to DC. That was about 7 years ago, I picked it up started reading, couldn't put it down and I've been hooked ever since.
I like almost everything he's wrote, but it irks me when he writes himself into the book.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I like almost everything he's wrote, but it irks me when he writes himself into the book.

I always thought it was kind of cute. He's always some different character with the same name, sort of his signature on the book.

I have either read everything he has written, or have it at home waiting to be read. This includes his colaboration books. Been reading his stuff since the late 80's.

Gwydion

Incredibly late reply to this, but I <3 the Dirk Pitt series. I tried getting into the Oregon Files, but they just didn't win me over. I'm not a big fan of books with multiple lead characters.

I love how Dirk has aged throughout the series. As opposed to, say, James Bond who stays (generally) the same age, you get to watch Dirk develop.

I spent about $15 (including shipping) and bought every single Dirk book off Amazon.com. Read them all.

Larry Gude

Strung Out

...I think it should take less than 7 years to read a book. Really lessons the impact and I'm sure you gotta keep going back to recall what happened earlier.

Public schooled, right?

ocean733

Ooooh. Thanks for the info. I love it at Ellie's. I'm usually right there in the back in the true crime section. I will look into him. :yay:

R

RadioPatrol

I have Read and reread most all of the many times .... and the Oregon Files are great .... I am also getting in to the ones with his son ......