Parking Lights?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Why do some of you folks drive with just your parking lights on?

While I realize that's better than no lights, I'm curious as to why you don't turn on your driving lights (since you're driving and not parked).
We're talking dawn/dusk times. I go to work at 6:00 a.m. and there are a few cars that (according to Maryland law) signal they're parked.

I figure the folks with no lights are just dumb asses.

T

toppick08

While I realize that's better than no lights, I'm curious as to why you don't turn on your driving lights (since you're driving and not parked).
We're talking dawn/dusk times. I go to work at 6:00 a.m. and there are a few cars that (according to Maryland law) signal they're parked.

:yay:.....I'd rather be seen, than try to look "cool".

T

toppick08

WTF are you talking about?

Does that mean driving with just your parking lights on makes you look cool?

That's the word on the street.......:shrug:

I turn my lights on, and can even do all four at the same time...:biggrin:

Mojo

It's probably the same idiots that like to drive slow in the left hand lane, they just don't know any better. This reminds of the "cruzers" from back in the day though, they used to drive around with their hazard lights on and their windshield wipers popped up in the air with them on :lol:

MrX

High Octane
It's probably the same idiots that like to drive slow in the left hand lane, they just don't know any better. This reminds of the "cruzers" from back in the day though, they used to drive around with their hazard lights on and their windshield wipers popped up in the air with them on :lol:

Hey, I still do that!! :whistle:

kevron99

Do Work Son!

Why does it annoy you so much?

I do it because i can see the road just fine, but I can't see my guadges to well, I just ned the light to see my guadges... not where I'm going.

I can only imagine what you think of the people with just parking lights and fog lights on......

blacklabman

Probably the same idiots that drive with their fog lamps on when the visibility is unlimited,

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
When cars first were required to have automatic lights, the law didn't require that they be headlights, just lights. So, some cars automatic lights are just parking lights. So the people you are seeing may not realize the lights are on at all, of course if it's raining, they are required to turn on their headlights, so they are probably idiots anyway.

As for fog lights, lots and lots of vehicles don't have a separate switch for them, they automatically come on when the low beams are on.

G

Gtmustang88

I will just turn on my parking lights when I can see the road, but may need to see my gauges more clearly.

M

mudd

not to point out the obvious, but you do realize that today, a good percentage of automobiles have whats called "DTR" or daytime running lights....they are on automaticly

T

toppick08

not to point out the obvious, but you do realize that today, a good percentage of automobiles have whats called "DTR" or daytime running lights....they are on automaticly

Take that fuse out........:evil:

MMDad

Lem Putt
Why does it annoy you so much?

I do it because i can see the road just fine, but I can't see my guadges to well, I just ned the light to see my guadges... not where I'm going.

I can only imagine what you think of the people with just parking lights and fog lights on......

:banghead: It's not so that you can see the road, it's so that people can see YOU!

There you are, driving along thinking that because you can see everyone else (with their headlights on) you don't need yours. When someone cuts you off because they CANNOT SEE YOU, you probably get mad, don't you?

Read the rules of the road some time, find out what you should be doing, then start using your headlights.

kevron99

Do Work Son!
:banghead: It's not so that you can see the road, it's so that people can see YOU!

OBVIOUSLY he sees us with our parking lights on, because if he didn't would he makin this post?????

The time of day he's talking about is iffy anyway, I would be totally on his side if he were tlaking about when it was TOTALLY dark outside... but HE"S NOT!

onebdzee

off the shelf
With my truck it doesn't have the automatic lights and it's just as easy to switch that switch 2 clicks as it is 1

The truck that I am borrowing has the automatic lights....the parking lights will come on when it's light out and it has a sensor to detect when it is dark enough for headlights....I don't drive the truck enough to remember to switch it on and off

MMDad

Lem Putt
OBVIOUSLY he sees us with our parking lights on, because if he didn't would he makin this post?????

The time of day he's talking about is iffy anyway, I would be totally on his side if he were tlaking about when it was TOTALLY dark outside... but HE"S NOT!

Maryland Driver’s Handbook said:
Never drive with the parking lights on because parking lights denote a parked car.

If it's dark enough that you need extra light to see your gauges, it's dark enough that you need extra light to be seen. Turn them on!

Mojo

I guess the price of gas is now making it to expensive to buy headlights so everyone is leaving them off :ohwell:

The truck that I am borrowing has the automatic lights....the parking lights will come on when it's light out and it has a sensor to detect when it is dark enough for headlights....I don't drive the truck enough to remember to switch it on and off
Mine come one automatically.