A vent, re: contractors

bohman

This is a plea to all businesses, particularly home repair, that sub-contract. Please, please, please - learn to communicate with the guys who actually do the work. Twice in 2 days now, I've had guys working on my house say, "he told you we were doing what? I don't have the materials for that."

I'm having crawlspace work (rotten sill & joists) and a new roof put on this week. The crawlspace guys had no idea that they should be fixing the sliding glass door frame that caused all the damage in the first place. It was mostly my fault - I didn't get that part in writing. Although I did repeatedly call the office and tell them, "please remember the door that isn't written down, DON'T send me guys without telling them what they need to do." And they said, "Sure, we got it!" :banghead:

That was yesterday. Today, the roofers get here and start work. I mentioned something about the ridge vent we're getting installed, and same thing - "What ridge vent?" At least for this one, I had it in writing on the contract we signed. So, off he went to 84 Lumber.

For the love of God, business owners, stop promising me all kinds of crap to make the sale, and then forcing me to babysit all the work to make sure I get what I paid for. This happens all the time.

KellyG

After you get your rotton joists fixed have you thought about what you can do to keep it from happening again? By Encapsulating your crawlspace you can keep moisture out of your home and off of the joists so no structural damage can occur. It also saves 15-20% on energy costs, keeps bugs/rodents out of your house and much more. Advanced Building Solutions does all that. If you have the time check them out.

jetmonkey

After you get your rotton joists fixed have you thought about what you can do to keep it from happening again? By Encapsulating your crawlspace you can keep moisture out of your home and off of the joists so no structural damage can occur. It also saves 15-20% on energy costs, keeps bugs/rodents out of your house and much more. Advanced Building Solutions does all that. If you have the time check them out.

Wouldn't that also keep moisture in? :confused: