Chef's American Bistro in San Souci

smilin

BOXER NATION
Man this is great, right around the corner! When did they open up? What are they next to?
I was in San Souci twice this week and never saw it.
Great traditional menu, I haven't seen some of these things (Steak Diane) for years.

lovinmaryland

Man this is great, right around the corner! When did they open up? What are they next to?
I was in San Souci twice this week and never saw it.
Great traditional menu, I haven't seen some of these things (Steak Diane) for years.

I saw it this Sunday.. it is tucked next to the hair school and the wedding shop at least that is where the sign was. I was headed over to Teariffic but it was closed :bawl:

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
It's fantastic. I haven't had food that good since leaving DC. Everyone I spoke to that was having dinner as well was extremely pleased with their menu selection. I think they still have a few bugs/quirks to work out, but otherwise I hope they can keep up the good job. I sent my compliments to the Chef. A true pleasure.

lovinmaryland

It's fantastic. I haven't had food that good since leaving DC. Everyone I spoke to that was having dinner as well was extremely pleased with their menu selection. I think they still have a few bugs/quirks to work out, but otherwise I hope they can keep up the good job. I sent my compliments to the Chef. A true pleasure.

And why wasnt I invited to this little dinner soiree of yours :frown:

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
Its a great place! The oyster po boy is the closest I have had to the real thing from NOLA.

Wife had the pizza with zucchini and spinach; that was really good.

Beelzebaby666

Has confinement issues..
The chef is the guy who used to be at Tavern on the Village in Wildewood.

Good luck to this guy! I've heard his food is really good.:yay:

ohstate

The chef is the guy who used to be at Tavern on the Village in Wildewood.

Good luck to this guy! I've heard his food is really good.:yay:

He was also at the Tides. I've eaten at both of those places while he was the chef. :barf: I am hesitant to try his cooking a third time based on those experiences. Maybe he can pull off the simpler menu this place seems to have.

yankee44

My wife and I went to Chef's on Firday night. The food was good but the tell us that they are out of potatos and this is at 5:30. Well I think we had the worst server in the world. He had "Professional Server" on his jacket and his name was Sean. First he has no idea what kind of beer they have on tap and he was never around. A couple who were setting close to us also had this guy and they were about to leave when another server went and got Sean. So my wife orders a glass of Champagne and I order a beer. So here comes our server with our drinks 1 beer and one glass of Champagne on the largest serving tray that you have ever seen. He takes my beer of the tray and when he did the tray became unbalanced and he dumped the Champagne all over me. So I try to laugh it off thinking that when the check comes that he would not charge me for the drinks or that he might offer me and my wife a free desert. NOTHING. I am not very happy now and I take the check and where the line for the tip is I write - $5.00 and subtracted 5 dollars from the total and walked out.

I would go back as the food was very good but I will tell you one thing...I WILL NOT HAVE SEAN AS MY SERVER!!!!!:smack:

My wife and I went to Chef's on Firday night. The food was good but the tell us that they are out of potatos and this is at 5:30. Well I think we had the worst server in the world. He had "Professional Server" on his jacket and his name was Sean. First he has no idea what kind of beer they have on tap and he was never around. A couple who were setting close to us also had this guy and they were about to leave when another server went and got Sean. So my wife orders a glass of Champagne and I order a beer. So here comes our server with our drinks 1 beer and one glass of Champagne on the largest serving tray that you have ever seen. He takes my beer of the tray and when he did the tray became unbalanced and he dumped the Champagne all over me. So I try to laugh it off thinking that when the check comes that he would not charge me for the drinks or that he might offer me and my wife a free desert. NOTHING. I am not very happy now and I take the check and where the line for the tip is I write - $5.00 and subtracted 5 dollars from the total and walked out.

I would go back as the food was very good but I will tell you one thing...I WILL NOT HAVE SEAN AS MY SERVER!!!!!:smack:

I had a waiter @ CIP named Sean and he was horrific. Wonder if it's the same guy. :lmao:

SAWK

SeaRide

I dine there one day for lunch break last week. I sat at the Chef's table and ordered the Chesapeake Chicken. It was delicious. I will go back.

GetFitBeHealthy

I ate there today for lunch with a group. It is beautiful inside. The service was great, very friendly staff. They food was great as well. I am not a big seafood person and there werent many non seafood appitizers, which would be my only complaint. I ordered a panini and it was excellent =).

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Had dinner there tonight with a couple of forumites, EXCELLANT dinner, friendly and attentive server

Had the pork chop, garlic mashed taters and steamed broccoli. Chop was about 1 1/2 inches thick :drool: