Lighthouse Inn

jeneisen

Indy Bound
Last night my hubby and I decided to have a nice dinner and we went to the Lighthouse Inn in Solomons. It was the most awful experience we have ever had. We get there and the staff was very rude greating us. We asked if we could sit outside b/c it was so nice. Well they didn't tell us that if you sit outside you have a seperate menu and cannot get certain food. They bring us a lunch menu with like sandwiches and miscellaneous stuff, nothing what we expected. We just ordered and tried to enjoy the night. Our waitress was rude and they when the meal came, (at 20.00 a person:mad: ) they brought us plastic silverware. When I asked for real silverware I was told no b/c we were outside. I spoke to the manager and he said we can't have real silverware b/c we might want rolls and bread. What the he** is that? We asked to be moved inside and they said no b/c we had already ordered.

It was awful. I will never go back and give them any service again but if anyone else does, just remember...don't sit outside!!

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Well fudge! That sucks. We've gone several times and always enjoyed it...EXCEPT for the night that Dean proposed to me. He was actually going to propose there instead of waiting until we got to the Victorian Inn, but I ended up with ammonia shrimp and nearly :barf: upon tasting it. He had even told the staff and had our waiter waiting w/a disposable camera. Ahhh well...figures the one and only time I get a sh*tty meal would be that night. :lol: I'd go back, though, I do enjoy it there, and only had the one bad experience - and that's expected at any restaurant...can't be perfect all the time.

Last edited:

pilot

I was just at the Lighthouse last weekend (sitting outside) and had a good experience. The waitstaff were courteous and friendly. Plastic silverware didn't bother me because I knew what to expect.

I think that was the biggest screw-up right there: they didn't tell you that sitting outside is a totally different experience--almost like two different restaurants.

BTW, they probably couldn't move you inside because the place tends to get crowded and reservations are usually required.

I like the Lighthouse Inn, but I do find it to be overpriced and overrated. It's definitely worth going to every now and then, but for my special occasions, I'll take Brome-Howard or Dry Dock.

jeneisen

Indy Bound
It wouldn't have been so bad if I knew what to expect. They were not crowded inside at all. He told me it would be too hard to give us our order inside b/c it was already entered for outside. They give you seperate dining plates and stuff outside.

It might have just been this one experience but I have no desire to try it again and they waitress should have told us that it was different outside.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Originally posted by jeneisen

It might have just been this one experience but I have no desire to try it again

Yeah, it's definitely harder to desire trying it again when you know you're going to drop AT LEAST $50 for the 2nd shot.

Otter

Nothing to see here
Heard alot of horror stories with Lighthouse, but we have never had a bad meal or service there. Sorry for your luck..:frown:

SeaRide

I have dine there alot. I didn't have to lower my expectations on what it's like to dine outside. I knew it's different to dine outside. I don't know how I knew but I just do. I 've had good meals there with or without making the reservation.

Sorry to hear about your bad exerience.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I've always enjoyed the Lighthouse. The outside dining is totally different (isn't the menu different as well?). If you were unhappy you should have talked to Mr. Fisher (for future reference). We've never had bad service. They use back waiters so you have one to take your order, one to bring drinks and one that brings the food (at least when dining inside). I've never eaten outside there.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I've eaten at the Lighthouse a zillion times, both inside and out and always been happy. I always thought it was common knowledge that inside dining and the Quarterdeck are two different experiences.
:shrug:

jeneisen

Indy Bound
That might have been true, but we didn't know that and no one told us that. It wasn't so much the outside it was the fact they were so rude. It just made it that much more frustrating.

SamSpade

I thought the food was bland, overpriced, and they charged for additional sodas. They charged us also for something else they suggested, too. Like a buck for extra sour cream or something. They took too long for everything, got orders wrong. Was definitely not impressed. If I pay extra moeny for food, either the food or the service better be outstanding. Not worth the money.

pilot

Originally posted by SamSpade
I thought the food was bland, overpriced, and they charged for additional sodas. They charged us also for something else they suggested, too. Like a buck for extra sour cream or something. They took too long for everything, got orders wrong. Was definitely not impressed. If I pay extra moeny for food, either the food or the service better be outstanding. Not worth the money.

Are you talking about the inside or the outside?

I'll agree that the outside is no better (and more expensive) than other outdoor, waterfront restaurants in the area. But I think the inside is pretty good. I wouldn't call it "excellent" or "outstanding", but I'd put it in the "very good" category.

SamSpade

I've done both, but I am referring to the inside. I'd say pretty good only if the prices were a bit lower. Like I said, for the prices they charge, it ought to be that much better than the others on the island. It is not.