Worst week of my life....

Tomahawk202

It'll make ya feel good..
My brother was killed in a motorcycle crash last week. Having been a cop for 13 years, and loving to go riding with my little bro, I always knew that something like this could happen to me or my brother. I always wished it would have been me, instead of him.

One reason I hated riding with him, is because of the fact that if something did happen, like he got hit or lost control of his bike, I would see him go down, and then I would go down, and not be able to help him. So I avoided riding with him for awhile, and now he is gone, forever. I have scraped plenty of people off the roads in Maryland over the years. The two bikes racing on Rt. 301 north, coming from Budds Creek MIR one night, hit a car and killed two people, the guy just riding on his harley through Pope's Creek Road one sunday morning, and going around a turn, lost control of his beautiful Harley, and died at the scene. That guy was a retired DC cop.

I have seen alot, but just like in war, losing someone you care about isn't supposed to happen to you, it's supposed to happen to someone else. It's a different person's problem, not mine. As if to say, my family will live forever. Now I know, it's not true.

Losing a brother or sister hurts. I'm not pissed at him for riding too fast, we all loved to ride a little fast. But I just feel, empty inside. Me and my two little brothers were so close, even though we lived away from each other, I always got to speak to them every couple of days. Now my brother is gone, another statistic about how dangerous motorcycles can be.

I was always called a hero by him. My exploits on the battlefields across this planet were always highly respected by him. The service that I gave as a cop and my father as a 31 year police veteran, was always highly regarded by him. He called us heroes for some ODD reason. But let me tell you about a REAL hero....

My brother was an organ donor. His veins were taken, so now somoene else is able to walk, his eyes were taken, so now someone is able to see. And his heart is still beating, but now in someone's else's chest, keeping them alive to see their loved ones, one more day. To me, that's a hero. Not what I did in some distant hell-hole. But what he has done, right here, right now.

I loved/love my brother very much. So much..... But please don't put your family and/or friends through what me and my family are feeling right now. If you ride a bike, wear your helmet securely fastened, and please be careful. If you don't ride, but know someone who does, advise them to do the same.
Give em a kiss and a hug, because you never know.....

God bless and thanks for reading. :howdy:

Last edited:

morningbell

hmmmmmm
I am so sorry for your loss. This stuff is never easy. Nothing is permanent not even us.

Your brother is a true hero :huggy:

Last edited:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
My brother was killed in a motorcycle crash last week. Having been a cop for 13 years, and loving to go riding with my little bro, I always knew that something like this could happen to me or my brother. I always wished it would have been me, instead of him.
One reason I hated riding with him, is because of the fact that if something did happen, like he got hit or lost control of his bike, I would see him go down, and then I would go down, and not be able to help him. So I avoided riding with him for awhile, and now he is gone, forever. I have scraped plenty of people off the roads in Maryland over the years. The two bikes racing on Rt. 301 north, coming from Budds Creek MIR one night, hit a car and killed a two people, the guy just riding on his harley through Pope's Creek Road one sunday morning, and going around a turn, lost control of his beautiful Harley, and died at the scene. That guy was a retired DC cop. I have seen alot, but just like in war, losing someone you care about isn't supposed to happen to you, it's supposed to happen to someone else. It's a different person's problem, not mine. As if to say, my family will live forever. Now I know, it's not true.
Losing a brother or sister hurts. I'm not pissed at him for riding too fast, we all loved to ride a little too fast. But I just fee, empty inside. Me and my two little brothers were so close, even though we live away from each other, I always got to speak to them every couple of days. Now my brother is gone, another statistic about how dangerous motorcycles can be.
I was always called a hero by him. My exploits on the battlefields across this planet were always highly respected by him. The service that gave as a cop and my father as a 31 years police veteran, was always highly regarded by him. He called us heroes for some ODD reason. But let me tell you about a REAL hero....
My brother was an organ donor. His veins were taken, so now somoene else is able to walk, his eyes were taken, so now someone is able to see. And his heart is still beating, but now in someone's else's chest, keeping them alive to see their loved ones, one more day. To me, that's a hero. Now what I did in some distant hell-hole. But what he has done, right here, right now.
I loved/love my brother very much. So much..... But please don't put your family and/or friends through what me and my family are feeling right now. If you ride a bike, wear your helmet securely fastened, and please be careful. If you don't ride, but know someone who does, advise them to do the same. Give em a kiss and a hug, because you never know.....

:huggy:

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
One reason I hated riding with him, is because of the fact that if something did happen, like he got hit or lost control of his bike, I would see him go down, and then I would go down, and not be able to help him. So I avoided riding with him for awhile, and now he is gone, forever. I have scraped plenty of people off the roads in Maryland over the years. The two bikes racing on Rt. 301 north, coming from Budds Creek MIR one night, hit a car and killed a two people, the guy just riding on his harley through Pope's Creek Road one sunday morning, and going around a turn, lost control of his beautiful Harley, and died at the scene. That guy was a retired DC cop. I have seen alot, but just like in war, losing someone you care about isn't supposed to happen to you, it's supposed to happen to someone else. It's a different person's problem, not mine. As if to say, my family will live forever. Now I know, it's not true.
Losing a brother or sister hurts. I'm not pissed at him for riding too fast, we all loved to ride a little too fast. But I just fee, empty inside. Me and my two little brothers were so close, even though we live away from each other, I always got to speak to them every couple of days. Now my brother is gone, another statistic about how dangerous motorcycles can be.
I was always called a hero by him. My exploits on the battlefields across this planet were always highly respected by him. The service that gave as a cop and my father as a 31 years police veteran, was always highly regarded by him. He called us heroes for some ODD reason. But let me tell you about a REAL hero....
My brother was an organ donor. His veins were taken, so now somoene else is able to walk, his eyes were taken, so now someone is able to see. And his heart is still beating, but now in someone's else's chest, keeping them alive to see their loved ones, one more day. To me, that's a hero. Now what I did in some distant hell-hole. But what he has done, right here, right now.
I loved/love my brother very much. So much..... But please don't put your family and/or friends through what me and my family are feeling right now. If you ride a bike, wear your helmet securely fastened, and please be careful. If you don't ride, but know someone who does, advise them to do the same. Give em a kiss and a hug, because you never know.....

:frown: I am sorry for your loss.

S

shiki

My heart goes out to you and your family. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

johnjrval424

I can completely relate to your situation. My husband's brother was killed in a motorcycle accident 2 years ago (as of 7/15). My husband and his 2 brothers grew up in a close family and the three of them were inseparable. As can be expected, they had their arguments and fallouts but the brotherly bond was never broken - until their lost their mother.

My husband's mother passed on 5/6 - two months and 9 days prior. She passed quickly (one month from diagnosis) of lung cancer. There was tremendous pain and anger between the three of them for a variety of reasons - some of which didn't get resolved before my husband's brother was killed by someone running a stop sign.

So yes, I can sympathize with most of what you wrote. Nothing has given us as much comfort as our faith (which actually deepened) and knowing that our loved ones are in a better place.

I pray that you and your family find the same peace. It took a very long time for us and will probably take as long for you - but please give it as much time as it needs. You will be much better for it when you finally come to terms with the reality of the situation.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
What a tragic loss for you and your family. I am so sorry to hear of your pain, and what his death means to you.

You are in my prayers.

My brother was an organ donor. His veins were taken, so now somoene else is able to walk, his eyes were taken, so now someone is able to see. And his heart is still beating, but now in someone's else's chest, keeping them alive to see their loved ones, one more day. To me, that's a hero. Not what I did in some distant hell-hole. But what he has done, right here, right now.
So sorry for your loss. You can seriously take comfort in knowing he was able to donate so much and so unselfishly. Peace be with you.

SharonAllivet

One reason I hated riding with him, is because of the fact that if something did happen, like he got hit or lost control of his bike, I would see him go down, and then I would go down, and not be able to help him. So I avoided riding with him for awhile, and now he is gone, forever. I have scraped plenty of people off the roads in Maryland over the years. The two bikes racing on Rt. 301 north, coming from Budds Creek MIR one night, hit a car and killed two people, the guy just riding on his harley through Pope's Creek Road one sunday morning, and going around a turn, lost control of his beautiful Harley, and died at the scene. That guy was a retired DC cop.

I have seen alot, but just like in war, losing someone you care about isn't supposed to happen to you, it's supposed to happen to someone else. It's a different person's problem, not mine. As if to say, my family will live forever. Now I know, it's not true.

Losing a brother or sister hurts. I'm not pissed at him for riding too fast, we all loved to ride a little fast. But I just feel, empty inside. Me and my two little brothers were so close, even though we lived away from each other, I always got to speak to them every couple of days. Now my brother is gone, another statistic about how dangerous motorcycles can be.

I was always called a hero by him. My exploits on the battlefields across this planet were always highly respected by him. The service that I gave as a cop and my father as a 31 year police veteran, was always highly regarded by him. He called us heroes for some ODD reason. But let me tell you about a REAL hero....

I loved/love my brother very much. So much..... But please don't put your family and/or friends through what me and my family are feeling right now. If you ride a bike, wear your helmet securely fastened, and please be careful. If you don't ride, but know someone who does, advise them to do the same.

My sympathy to you and your family. Your brother is a hero to many, especially those he saved with his life giving organs. Those families will be forever grateful to him and your family for giving them a second chance. Thank you for the unselfish gift your brother left behind. May you find some comfort with your memories of your brother.

This comes from family of an organ recipient.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!

Prayers to you and your family! What a wonderful gift your brother has given to others!!:flowers::huggy:

He'd appreciate that. Excellent words. I'm sorry for your loss.

outlawrc

:huggy: Sorry for your loss my prayers and thoughts out to you.
Thank you for the eye opener as well. My brother, brother in law, sister and parents all ride and I never really thought of things this way. Your brother truly is a hero.

J

jaybeeztoo

I am so very sorry for your loss. What an eloquent post :yay:

:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator: