Kids birthday party locations?

havoc

Does anyone have recommendations for a good place to have a 9 year old boy's birthday party in the So. MD area? He doesn't want it at home again this year, and we're thinking about Chuck E. Cheese (lord, help me) or the bowling alley, but I figured there must be some other places out there. Any ideas?

TIA!

Tina2001aniT

Does anyone have recommendations for a good place to have a 9 year old boy's birthday party in the So. MD area? He doesn't want it at home again this year, and we're thinking about Chuck E. Cheese (lord, help me) or the bowling alley, but I figured there must be some other places out there. Any ideas?

TIA!

Someone posted on here about a game place in St. Mary's, I think that would be perfect....Anyone want to help out with the name?

nanstime

TIA!

what about that play park with the batting cages bumper boats I think its rjs playpark in prince frederick

poster

TIA!

Too old for ChuckECheese, unless you've got mostly younger invites coming.

We've done the bowling alley, kids enjoyed it and was reasonable in price.
Waterpark would be good, I'd keep it small for that.
Are you in Calvert? Do a movie and pizza right after.
Paint-n-Pottery will do parties.

Really it depends on how many girls/boys and ages you're going to invite.
Does he really want a true party or can you do a trip to a museum with a couple friends?

havoc

Too old for ChuckECheese, unless you've got mostly younger invites coming.

We've done the bowling alley, kids enjoyed it and was reasonable in price.
Waterpark would be good, I'd keep it small for that.
Are you in Calvert? Do a movie and pizza right after.
Paint-n-Pottery will do parties.

Really it depends on how many girls/boys and ages you're going to invite.
Does he really want a true party or can you do a trip to a museum with a couple friends?

We're in Charles, but willing to travel if not too far. I actually like the pottery idea - I think I remember seeing a place like that behind the Rita's in Waldorf...he loves stuff like that. Anyone know what if that place is still there or what it's called?

OldHillcrestGuy

If he is into little league, what about a Blue Crab game, they have a birthday area and if you have your party there, between innings of the game they will introduce you on top of the dugout as having a birthday.
Even if you dont have your party there and still go to the game for a $5.00 donation to Civista's Women Health they will announce your birthday on the scoreboard.:shrug:

poster

If he is into little league, what about a Blue Crab game, they have a birthday area and if you have your party there, between innings of the game they will introduce you on top of the dugout as having a birthday.
Even if you dont have your party there and still go to the game for a $5.00 donation to Civista's Women Health they will announce your birthday on the scoreboard.:shrug:

Excellent Idea!!

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!

That is a great ideal. The kids playground is great. My daughter loves it. And you really can't beat the cost.

Erin

B-day Party

There is a little place in Town Creek (Lex. Park) that does pottery.
Although that might be too tame for 9 year old boys.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
We had boy 2's party up at Gilbert Run. Paddle boats, volleyball, fishing, hiking, playground.... They had such a great time a couple of the kids booked their upcoming birthday's there.

Southern Belle

TIA![/QUOTE

I took my son's friends to the pool at Cove Point then came back to the house for a cookout. I bought water guns and the boys played with those and then video games after they ate. Pools or waterparks are a big hit with boys.