Why SMIBs Can't Read

Would you appreciate a larger bookstore in SM?

• Total voters
S

shiki

What is up with the lack of bookstores in Calvert County? Give me a Barnes and Noble, a Borders, a Walden's or even a Books-A-Million...something with couches, a little coffee bar...Please! I'm begging the powers that be...MAJOR BOOKSTORE :tantrum

What is up with the lack of bookstores in Calvert County? Give me a Barnes and Noble, a Borders, a Walden's or even a Books-A-Million...something with couches, a little coffee bar...Please! I'm begging the powers that be...MAJOR BOOKSTORE :tantrum
:zoningrestrictions:

Can't build anything larger than a small gas station in Calvert anymore. The NIMBYs don't want the tax revenue to come from anybody but themselves.

morningbell

hmmmmmm

The thing about bookstores....

I managed a bookstore years ago, I had also worked for an out of print book search service, I was a book broker. I am all about small stores instead of chains on this one. I don't like the wanna be pretentious clerks at Borders or B&N, they are the worst. I do love the intimacy of ma & pa bookstores.

There is Bay Books in the WIldewood shopping center, Fenwick Street Used Books and Music on Fenwick St. in Leonartown and White Rabbit aslo in Leonartown in the Brenton Plaza by Do Dah Deli and Diner.

HeadCase

IT's ALL RED
why SMIBS can't read?

Cause the teachers aren't from here?:shrug:

LOL yes I agree we need more book stores...but there is so much on-line now and heck...the library is free!

thurley42

HY;FR
Cause the teachers aren't from here?:shrug:

LOL yes I agree we need more book stores...but there is so much on-line now and heck...the library is free!

:yeahthat: you're on the computer enough...buy books from Barnes and Noble online

Last edited:

kelb

art imitating life
There is a great used book store over by K-mart in Prince Fred. I buy alot of books from there

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
If I wanted to buy a book, I'd buy it online - much less expensive.

However, Southern Maryland has an extensive library system. If you want a book, and the particular library doesn't have it, they will check not only the other tri-county librarys, but the college system librarys as well and get it to you. Perhaps it isn't that SMiBs can't read, but that SMiBS are more literate and definitely smarter than you that has you so upset. Especially since they can read any book in print and not have to pay for it.

S

shiki

It's not just the books, but the couches and coffee. Also the larger bookstores have a greater variety of magazines usually.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Perhaps it isn't that SMiBs can't read, but that SMiBS are more literate and definitely smarter than you that has you so upset. Especially since they can read any book in print and not have to pay for it.

:clap: :yahoo: :yay:

Ewe sew smart!

S

shiki

If I wanted to buy a book, I'd buy it online - much less expensive.

However, Southern Maryland has an extensive library system. If you want a book, and the particular library doesn't have it, they will check not only the other tri-county librarys, but the college system librarys as well and get it to you. Perhaps it isn't that SMiBs can't read, but that SMiBS are more literate and definitely smarter than you that has you so upset. Especially since they can read any book in print and not have to pay for it.

Ummmh. This doesn't have me even a little upset, let alone so upset.

Some of us like to own books. Sorry if that makes us so stupid.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
It's not just the books, but the couches and coffee. Also the larger bookstores have a greater variety of magazines usually.

It is very insulting of you to imply people cannot read just because they do not have the bookstore you want.

Have you ever been to the Lexington Park library? It has a coffee sandwich shop, lots of places to sit and read, extra activities for the kids, large computer room, and more.

tommyjones

Ummmh. This doesn't have me even a little upset, let alone so upset.

Some of us like to own books. Sorry if that makes us so stupid.

no, the stupid part is where you decided to insult all of southern maryland because you are too stupid to either buy your books online, go to the library, or go to one of the MANY bookstores in the area.

you are on your own for coffee, fortunately, even SMIBS figure that one out.:smack:

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Ummmh. This doesn't have me even a little upset, let alone so upset.Some of us like to own books. Sorry if that makes us so stupid.
BRB yall, going to start a thread on "Why blacks are stupid criminals".

Wait for the poll!!! :yay:

MMDad

Lem Putt
It is very insulting of you to imply people cannot read just because they do not have the bookstore you want.

Have you ever been to the Lexington Park library? It has a coffee sandwich shop, lots of places to sit and read, extra activities for the kids, large computer room, and more.

Have you been to the new Prince Frederick library. It has everything a (normal) person could want!

I never understood the attraction of having a coffeeshop in a bookstore. Do people really want to buy books that are essentially used? Do you want to be halfway through a good book and find grande-mocha-latte-halfcaf-soy spittle on the pages?

It's just not worth it to pay inflated prices for a book just so I can pay $4 for a 30 cent cup of coffee while reading it.

S

shiki

no, the stupid part is where you decided to insult all of southern maryland because you are too stupid to either buy your books online, go to the library, or go to one of the MANY bookstores in the area.

you are on your own for coffee, fortunately, even SMIBS figure that one out.:smack:

wahhhh. Sorry my thread has caused you so much butthurt, wouldn't want to cause any online forum breakdowns.
I didn't insult ALL of southern maryland. A bit dramatic don't you think?

You SMiBs are a touchy bunch. You may be in the majority but not everyone down here is a SMiB.:coffee: