As in the days of Noah.....

baydoll

"... , so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:

They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.

Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot:

They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built; but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.

Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed. "

That's from Luke Chapter 17 verses 26 through 30.

baydoll

After the "just" :)lmao:) destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah, Lot and his daughters retreat to a Cave.

Lot's Virgin daughters get him drunk, and have sex with him. We know they are Virgins (even though one of them was Married Genesis 19:4)
because Lot offered both his Virgin daughters to the mob to appease them (Genesis 19:8)

As a result of the drunken party both of his Daughter bear Lot a Son.

True! You know your Bible!

So what about the rest of that verse?

baydoll

not much, as it's fiction ....

what do you think it means? (since you posted it .... )

Well thank you for responding.

If you are wrong, then it means a whole lot of people are going to be in for a big surprise.....same as the people who scoffed Noah and then were drowned in the Flood.

Xaquin44

Well thank you for responding.

If you are wrong, then it means a whole lot of people are going to be in for a big surprise.....same as the people who scoffed Noah and then were drowned in the Flood.

By all means, hold your breath.

edit: or even offer proof ....

or anything ....

baydoll

By all means, hold your breath.

edit: or even offer proof ....

or anything ....

Excellent! I would be more than happy to!

If the Bible is just a fairy tale, how do you account for the vast archaeological documentation of Biblical stories, places, and people?

If the Bible is just a fairy tale, why is it that absolutely no Bible prophecy has ever failed (and there are hundreds)?

If the Bible is just a fairy tale, why is it that so many of the principles of modern science recorded as facts of nature in the Bible long before scientist confirmed them experimentally?

For example:

Roundness of the earth (Isaiah 40:22)

Almost infinite extent of the sidereal universe (Isaiah 55:9)

Law of conservation of mass and energy (II Peter 3:7)

Hydrologic cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7)

Vast number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22)

Law of increasing entropy (Psalm 102:25-27)

Paramount importance of blood in life processes (Leviticus 17:11)

Atmospheric circulation (Ecclesiastes 1:6)

Gravitational field (Job 26:7)

and many others.

Okay, your turn. Offer proof or evidence that shows the Bible is fiction and therefore not from God.

Last edited:

Xaquin44

Excellent! I would be more than happy to!

If the Bible is just a fairy tale, how do you account for the vast archaeological documentation of Biblical stories, places, and people?

Clearly since Clive Cussler writes books that contain some real places, events, and people they must be true.

100%

If the Bible is just a fairy tale, why is it that absolutely no Bible prophecy has ever failed (and there are hundreds)?

examples ....

If the Bible is just a fairy tale, why is it that so many of the principles of modern science recorded as facts of nature in the Bible long before scientist confirmed them experimentally?

Many principles of modern science were around ages before the bible was, so that argument holds very very little water. Certainly not 40 days worth.

Roundness of the earth (Isaiah 40:22)

roundness .... not spherical. nice try. You'd have been better off using Isaiah 22:18 where it says 'ball'. Either way, the Ancient Greeks mentioned it first.

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts"

Words I don't see contained in Isaiah 55:9 - "Almost", "Infinite", "Extent", "of", "sidereal", "Universe"

you got the word "the" right though. .... bravo.

Law of conservation of mass and energy (II Peter 3:7)

"First of all, you must understand that in the last days scoffers will come, scoffing and following their own evil desires. 4They will say, "Where is this 'coming' he promised? Ever since our fathers died, everything goes on as it has since the beginning of creation." 5But they deliberately forget that long ago by God's word the heavens existed and the earth was formed out of water and by water. 6By these waters also the world of that time was deluged and destroyed. 7By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of ungodly men."

Law of Conservation of Mass-Energy: The total amount of mass and energy in the universe is constant.

The bible actually states the exact opposite, in that 'nothing' was there until god put it there.

Wrong again.

Hydrologic cycle (Ecclesiastes 1:7)

Ecclesiastes 1:7 - All the rivers run into the sea; yet the sea is not full; to the place from where the rivers come, thither they return again.

OH THANK YOU JESUS AND GOD FOR WRITTING A PASSAGE IN A BOOK THAT LETS US KNOW THAT WATER RUNS DOWNHILL!

I'm sure the egyptians and ancient greeks or romans never noticed this.

Vast number of stars (Jeremiah 33:22)

I'm pretty sure anyone with even just one working eyeball could have figured this one out ....

Law of increasing entropy (Psalm 102:25-27)

25 I plead, O my God, do not take me in the midst of my days. Your years last through all generations.
26 Of old you laid the earth's foundations; the heavens are the work of your hands.
27 They perish, but you remain; they all wear out like a garment; Like clothing you change them and they are changed

I'm sorry, do you really think the bible was the first book to point out getting old?

Paramount importance of blood in life processes (Leviticus 17:11)

ahahhahaha

Atmospheric circulation (Ecclesiastes 1:6)

weather is hardly a unique concept to the bible .... it was being studied by nearly every established civilization in some fashion ever.

Gravitational field (Job 26:7)

"He stretcheth out the north over the empty place, and hangeth the earth upon nothing."

yes .... that is an accurate portrayel of the laws of gravity ....

seriously?

and many others.

I hope they're better then the ones you provided lol

Okay, your turn. Offer proof or evidence that shows the Bible is fiction and therefore not from God.

oh, no one can prove that ....

all the same, I'll take proven science over captain invisible and the because I told you so's.

you say "why is it that so many of the principles of modern science recorded as facts of nature in the Bible long before scientist confirmed them experimentally?".

The big point you're missing is that they didn't need to be confirmed, because they were blatently obvious and taken for granted.

baydoll

Clearly since Clive Cussler writes books that contain some real places, events, and people they must be true.

100%

Mr. Cussler's books are true, 100%? Really?

Did the events in Mr. Cussler's books (whose writings I happen to admire, btw) really take place? For instance, in Raise the Titantic, can you prove that those events with the very same people in the very same place acting in the very same manner actually took place in that book actually happened as written in that book?

There has been hundreds of biblical cities that have been verified in archaeological digs. Which means that the Bible describes actual locations that can be (and has been) verified. Ditto people, events and so on.

baydoll

Originally Posted by baydoll

examples ....

These are just a few:

..." Daniel the prophet predicted in about 538 BC (Daniel 9:24-27) that Christ would come as Israel's promised Savior and Prince 483 years after the Persian emperor would give the Jews authority to rebuild Jerusalem, which was then in ruins. This was clearly and definitely fulfilled, hundreds of years later.

There are extensive prophecies dealing with individual nations and cities and with the course of history in general, all of which have been literally fulfilled. More than 300 prophecies were fulfilled by Christ Himself at His first coming. Other prophecies deal with the spread of Christianity, as well as various false religions, and many other subjects.

There is no other book, ancient or modern, like this. The vague, and usually erroneous, prophecies of people like Jeanne Dixon, Nostradamus, Edgar Cayce, and others like them are not in the same category at all, and neither are other religious books such as the Koran, the Confucian Analects, and similar religious writings. Only the Bible manifests this remarkable prophetic evidence, and it does so on such a tremendous scale as to render completely absurd any explanation other than divine revelation."

I have some more if you'd like.

baydoll

Many principles of modern science were around ages before the bible was, so that argument holds very very little water. Certainly not 40 days worth.

Again, really? Such as?

Xaquin44

Mr. Cussler's books are true, 100%? Really?

.... no. they aren't. that was my point.

look, if you're just stupid, we can stop this right now. I have no interest in debating with someone who is either purposefully or actually stupid.

Did the events in Mr. Cussler's books (whose writings I happen to admire, btw) really take place? For instance, in Raise the Titantic, can you prove that those events with the very same people in the very same place acting in the very same manner actually took place in that book actually happened as written in that book?

No, you can't prove that. Which was exactly my point.

There has been hundreds of biblical cities that have been verified in archaeological digs. Which means that the Bible describes actual locations that can be (and has been) verified. Ditto people, events and so on.

The Titanic actually existed .... it has been verified in both photo and video. Which means that Raise the Titanic describes actual locations that can be (and have been) verified. Ditto people, events and so on.

It's still fiction ....

baydoll

Originally Posted by baydoll

"As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts"

Words I don't see contained in Isaiah 55:9 - "Almost", "Infinite", "Extent", "of", "sidereal", "Universe"

you got the word "the" right though. .... bravo.

And what does the words ' heavens are higher than the earth' mean to you? Also, what does it mean by 'so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts'?