2 year old found in pool in Golden Beach

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Anyone know of his status? I heard a brief on the radio this morning but didn't catch all of it.

I was just going to post this. Baynet updated.

2-Year-Old Boy Drowns - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

UPDATE: Investigation revealed the child was left unattended in the back yard at the babysitter's residence. The child was found laying face down in the back yard pool. CPR was administered on the child who was flown to Children's Hospital in Washington, D.C. He was pronounced dead just before 7 p.m.

Detectives are continuing their investigation and the case will be reviewed by the State's Attorney's Office.

So very sad.

2-Year-Old Boy Drowns - Southern Maryland News, Charles County, Calvert County and St. Mary's County News

UPDATE: Investigation revealed the child was left unattended in the back yard at the babysitter's residence. The child was found laying face down in the back yard pool. CPR was administered on the child who was flown to Children's Hospital in Washington, D.C. He was pronounced dead just before 7 p.m.

Detectives are continuing their investigation and the case will be reviewed by the State's Attorney's Office.

So very sad.

I hope that is not the case - NBC4 says critical condition after a 10pm update...

Toddler Critical After Near-Drowning - News Story - WRC | Washington

I hope the BayNet is wrong...

Go G-Men

So very sad.

What a shame. Prayers go out to the Parents!!

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
Emotional topic. Devastating for the family. A lifetime of pain and guilt for the child's caretaker. My prayers go out to all of them.

I have an above ground pool and although I no longer have toddlers, the neighbors do. I take every precaution with a ladder that retracts and is padlocked. Still, this is my greatest fear, that a child may somehow get into the pool and drown.

Go G-Men

Emotional topic. Devastating for the family. A lifetime of pain and guilt for the child's caretaker. My prayers go out to all of them.

I have an above ground pool and although I no longer have toddlers, the neighbors do. I take every precaution with a ladder that retracts and is padlocked. Still, this is my greatest fear, that a child may somehow get into the pool and drown.

I lived in Texas some years back and a 10 yr old drown in the complex pool which was right under my apartment door. Several people and many emergency personnel did everything they could to revive him but to no avail. That incident stays with me til this day. I could not imagine the pain for the family involved but I send out my prayers and thoughts out to them.

D

Dixie

Is this a different drowning or the second thread on the same subject? Could have sworn I was reading one this morning - pretty lengthy - got a little nasty? Was it pulled or something?

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Is this a different drowning or the second thread on the same subject? Could have sworn I was reading one this morning - pretty lengthy - got a little nasty? Was it pulled or something?

I think it was pulled and if you wander over to chit chat you can read a continuation.

D

Dixie

I think it was pulled and if you wander over to chit chat you can read a continuation.

Never thought about that. May have been where I was originally reading it.
Relieved to hear it wasn't two drownings.

SoMDMama82

I heard this come over the scanner last night...the way they were throwing out street names (I guess volunteers saying where they were at/coming from), for a moment I thought this was my best friends little boy (he is 2, and they have a pool). My heart started beating out of my chest and my stomach was in a huge knot.

I was so happy/releaved to see him moments later for our play date, we watched the helicopter land in the field near my house and talked to the kids about why they should never go near a pool with out an adult...then I stopped and realized, that feeling isn't going to go away for this child's family. I have been praying for that family since! How tragic!

I held my daughter last night, and gave her an extra long good night hug, and thanked God she was there in my arms. Every time I think about this, I just want to bawl!

emma1606

I heard this come over the scanner last night...the way they were throwing out street names (I guess volunteers saying where they were at/coming from), for a moment I thought this was my best friends little boy (he is 2, and they have a pool). My heart started beating out of my chest and my stomach was in a huge knot.

I was so happy/releaved to see him moments later for our play date, we watched the helicopter land in the field near my house and talked to the kids about why they should never go near a pool with out an adult...then I stopped and realized, that feeling isn't going to go away for this child's family. I have been praying for that family since! How tragic!

I held my daughter last night, and gave her an extra long good night hug, and thanked God she was there in my arms. Every time I think about this, I just want to bawl!

Whereabouts in Golden Beach was it? Was it a licensed daycare?

SShewbert

What love is all about
This is just awful. Is there anyway that BayNet could be wrong over this??? I logged off yesterday and left so I did not keep up with the other thread. That's just awful that it got so bad that they had to pull it. How could anyone get rude over a 2 year old drowning?