Jake & Al's ...

Ponytail

OK, WTH has happened to that place? Used to be a favorite stop of mine when I lived in Lusby fulltime. First thing I noticed when we got in there, was that the menu has changed somewhat. A couple of my favorites dropped off the menu.

Stopped there last night for dinner with a bud, and we were both sick all dayum night. My stomach is still tore up pretty bad. From the night I had, it'll be a cold day in hell before I go back for food in that place. :barf:

Black-Francis

OK, WTH has happened to that place? Used to be a favorite stop of mine when I lived in Lusby fulltime. First thing I noticed when we got in there, was that the menu has changed somewhat. A couple of my favorites dropped off the menu.

Stopped there last night for dinner with a bud, and we were both sick all dayum night. My stomach is still tore up pretty bad. From the night I had, it'll be a cold day in hell before I go back for food in that place. :barf:

I will never go back!! That is the worst place to eat. First time I went I ordered fish. It was not fresh fish (they fail to tell you that), it was frozen out of a box. I gave them a second chance and figured since they were a steakhouse I would try a steak. Ordered the steak medium rare and it came to me bloody rare (so nasty). Asked them to cook it to a medium rare and it came back overdone. The service sucked, the food sucks, Jake & Al's suck!!!

KMPaddy2255

Thanks for the post about this! I will never go there.
I go to The Original Steakhouse when I want
a good steak! :drool: Everything in that place is
great!

thurley42

HY;FR
I'm glad people are chatting about this. We went there when they first opened, and we not impressed at all. No desire to return.

We did as well...it was what first brought me on here..trying to see if other people had had problems. my food was great, but the service and some of the employees made a huge debacale....i haven't been back since.

Seamaid

I had the same experience...what a disappointment.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I've never had a bad meal there and often get tuna just seared which is over cooked at half the other restaurants I get it at. The service last time was lacking but we had a party of like 15.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Only go there to watch NFL games and drink beer. They are decent in that department, can't comment on the food.

DuffMan

I eat there from time to time and I don't think the food is that bad. I do like that they have the NFL Sunday ticket and its usually not that busy on Sundays like alot of other places.

lovinmaryland

I have only eaten there once and I had the french onion soup & caeser salad... the soup was not good at all, but the salad was good. I would go back :shrug:

me123

Thanks for the post about this! I will never go there.
I go to The Original Steakhouse when I want
a good steak! :drool: Everything in that place is
great!

The OG blows anything in So. Maryland out of the park they are beyond great!!! Not only are their steaks good but everything is amazing too!! :drool:

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
J&A's went through some cycles of people coming in there that I feel led to the ultimate spiraling downward turn its taking. There attention to detail lacks and its sad because it was a nice place intially. Kinda thought it was a cool place to veg out and relax but then a couple times the place seem to default to da hood and having grown up in da hood and leaving for many reasons didn't feel like I wanted to spend anymore time there than I had to.

leonardtowngal

I have eaten there and the food was delicious and cooked perfectly. My iced tea glass was always filled without me asking. If you got a bad meal, did you ask to speak to the owner or manager? I would go there again and again and again!!!!!

flomaster

J.F. A sus ordenes!
I have eaten there and the food was delicious and cooked perfectly. My iced tea glass was always filled without me asking. If you got a bad meal, did you ask to speak to the owner or manager? I would go there again and again and again!!!!!

Thought the same initially but not so much anymore. Too bad because its a nice place and well set up.

AiryT

The first time I went was with a party of about 25-30, we had the back room. They gave us one waitress who was having a hard time keeping up. It took forever to get out food, but when it came, mine was terrific. I had the rockfish. So, next time I went, I expected the same. The food was mediocre and the service was awful. The chairs are extremely uncomfortable. I'm tall and it felt like they are too low. Anyway, I might give them one more try, but not any time soon.