Car maintenance repair?

AJ Pennypacker

Anyone have any suggestions for car maintenance? We went to R & R in San Souci for years and were always very happy with them. They closed in May and now we don't know where to go. We had one suggestion of Cheseldine near Wal-mart and I was also wondering about the Sunoco station on Rte 235 near the Exploration complex.

Any thoughts?

M

Mousebaby

Mark's Automotive! Just outside of gate 2 on the right going towards Ridge. The guy is very honest and really fair on prices.

D

Dixie

Anyone have any suggestions for car maintenance? We went to R & R in San Souci for years and were always very happy with them. They closed in May and now we don't know where to go. We had one suggestion of Cheseldine near Wal-mart and I was also wondering about the Sunoco station on Rte 235 near the Exploration complex.

Any thoughts?

I love Cheseldine! Great service! I took my car in for a variety of things -among them brakes - the service desk called me to tell me they were actually in pretty good shape and recommended a few things to look for before I brought it back for that repair. Another time I took it in for a catalytic converter - seems the entire thing needed replacing - pretty expensive job. I had bought the car used and didn't think it had a warranty for that. THEY made phone calls for me and sent me to Aldridge who fixed it at no cost. Now that, in my opinion, is good service. They're the only people I'll take my car to.

BOP

Any thoughts?

Depends on make and model. Overall, the repair places around here seem competent, fair, and honest, though I can't say one way or another about the dealerships.

We've been using Hewitt up by the bowling alley on 235, and have been happy with them.

wineo

loving life
Mark's Automotive! Just outside of gate 2 on the right going towards Ridge. The guy is very honest and really fair on prices.[/QUOte

I have to agree, good service and prices. He is very honest. Never had a problem with any of the work they do there.

johnycarcinogen

I love Cheseldine! Great service! I took my car in for a variety of things -among them brakes - the service desk called me to tell me they were actually in pretty good shape and recommended a few things to look for before I brought it back for that repair. Another time I took it in for a catalytic converter - seems the entire thing needed replacing - pretty expensive job. I had bought the car used and didn't think it had a warranty for that. THEY made phone calls for me and sent me to Aldridge who fixed it at no cost. Now that, in my opinion, is good service. They're the only people I'll take my car to.

I agree. I take my car there for regular maintainance. They check it over thoroughly even when just doing an oil change. They have found things wrong and advise to take the car to the dealership for the warranty work. They could just as easily charge you for the work but they don't. Very honest. Prices are higher but it is worth it.

wineo

loving life
I agree. I take my car there for regular maintainance. They check it over thoroughly even when just doing an oil change. They have found things wrong and advise to take the car to the dealership for the warranty work. They could just as easily charge you for the work but they don't. Very honest. Prices are higher but it is worth it.

The warranty work needed has to be completed by a dealership. They can not do work if vehicle is covered under warranty.

For some reason Chesledines can not keep service writers, management does not pay them very well. I think there is some management problems there and it reflects on their employees. JMHO

Last edited:

McFish

Cheseldine has pretty good service and I know a few people that regularly go there and cite nothing but great/flexible service.

rubyrox

My dad swears by LDG in Owings, but that may be too far for you if you're looking for a place in St. Marys.

Beccasmom1012

Mark's Automotive is fair on price and great service.My stepdad takes all his cars there.I have taken my vehicles there.My sil took her's to Cheseldine and got a horrific quote for work to be done.Got a cheaper quote elsewhere. Mr. Tire is a rip off on prices.Wanted to charge me over 700.00 for work that parts only cost 200.00 to do ourselves. Hubby used to be a diesel mechanic so he did the work himself.