Waldorf or St. Charles???

hyi560

Hey guys, I'm moving to Maryland, and I already checked out California, Lexington Park, n Hollywood. But I think I want to live closer to the city. My job is in California, MD, but I don't think I mind the commute from Waldorf. I've checked out the Village Lake apartment in St. Chalres and they seem nice, but costly. Can someone tell me about st. charles or waldorf? Which is better to live in? Crime?

vbailey

vbailey
More crime in waldorf, more traffic, but I like the country better. It depends on what you like really. Do you have kids?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Hey guys, I'm moving to Maryland, and I already checked out California, Lexington Park, n Hollywood. But I think I want to live closer to the city. My job is in California, MD, but I don't think I mind the commute from Waldorf. I've checked out the Village Lake apartment in St. Chalres and they seem nice, but costly. Can someone tell me about st. charles or waldorf? Which is better to live in? Crime?

You do NOT want to live there. :dead: Waldorf/St. Charles is Little South East, which is the crime capital of Washington DC.

Move to St. Mary's or Calvert.

if you must live in waldorf stay away fron St. Charles that is mostly where the crime is. I suggest checking into Laplata or White plains though. It is still near the city but away from the congestion. JMO

hyi560

No kids, I'm 27, My girlfriend and I think that St. Charles is closer to the city and be more accessible to night social life. St. Charles seems nicer than Waldorf and it's bit closer to California, MD.

OldHillcrestGuy

Oh No here we go again, you will here alot of people come on here and bash Waldorf, are you looking for a apartment, townhouse or a home, that may have alot to do with where you want to go?

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9

It is my sincere and honest opinion that if you are moving to Maryland you'd probably want to check Northern St. Mary's as your first option then a little more south towards where your employment will be in California. There is more nitelife down there and in Solomons than what you'd want in Waldorf or DC. or go to Calvert Co.
Either way both areas are nice to live in. I'd recommend staying far far away from St. Charles.
For what you'd pay for in rent at the Village Lake apartments will get you a nicer HOUSE in the areas mention above.
JMO

OldHillcrestGuy

Stay away from any apartments in Bannister, Wakefield, Huntington or Lancaster parts of St. Charles.

There are some new ones on Billingsley Rd off St Charles Pkwy, that are still being built that look nice, and there are a million of new apartments being built on Western Pkwy, behind the BJs, in what appears to be some of the nicer newer parts of St. Charles.

jetmonkey

St. Charles = Waldorf.
No kids, I'm 27, My girlfriend and I think that St. Charles is closer to the city and be more accessible to night social life. St. Charles seems nicer than Waldorf and it's bit closer to California, MD.

OldHillcrestGuy

Where are you moving from?

hyi560

Mainly, I'm looking for an apartment or a townhouse for rent. Moving from Suwanee, GA (10 min north of Atlanta, GA)

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Stay away from any apartments in Bannister, Wakefield, Huntington or Lancaster parts of St. Charles.

There are some new ones on Billingsley Rd off St Charles Pkwy, that are still being built that look nice, and there are a million of new apartments being built on Western Pkwy, behind the BJs, in what appears to be some of the nicer newer parts of St. Charles.

When we first came back from overseas before buying we rented a house in Wakefield. We were robbed in 3 months by some of the baggy-pansted "youth" that infest that area like roaches. Stay on the other side of 301 if you want to live in Waldorf. Hampshire is a better neighborhood but it's slipping fast too and becoming part of greater Prince Charles county. I'm with the rest of this crowd, Waldorf in general is to be avoided.

Vince

You will probably need access to your night social life once or twice a week. Live closer to work and commute for your night life. Whereas you'd have to commute to work 5 or 6 times a week and you will mind that for the gas prices and traffic.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Don't listen to these people. Most of them don't know shiat. Waldorf is a pretty decent place to live. Sure, there's crime but it's nothing like DC. :nono:

Most of the crime is usually drug or gang related, gangbanger stabs another. Like I said, there's crime but it's not to the scale these people say. Where isn't there any crime?

St. Charles is probably the better place to move to - though it's a little pricier. That said, you do have the ACPT, which is actually a really good central organization.

Waldorf2 (aka La Plata) has traffic just as bad (if not worse because nobody drives faster than 40 in that town) as Waldorf and St. Charles. Hughesville's a nice area if you like living out in the middle of Bumfukk nowhere. There's also a lot of rural property in Waldorf. :shrug:

Wakefield's a really nice neighborhood, as is Hampshire and Dorchester.

OldHillcrestGuy

You will probably need access to your night social life once or twice a week. Live closer to work and commute for your night life. Whereas you'd have to commute to work 5 or 6 times a week and you will mind that for the gas prices and traffic.

Thats a good thought.

If you are thinking townhouse maybe Wildwood in St. Marys would be good and you would be close to work.

Nightlife you would have Solomons nearby and maybe an hour drive to hit Annapolis, Alexandria and DC for nights out on the town