Homeless Man in P.F.???

AP1975

Didn't know where else to ask....figured this would be the place :)

Does anyone know anything about the man that's always around the Safeway shopping center in Prince Frederick?? He has one of those walkers with wheels on the front. My wife and I have seen him a few times and wonder if there is anything we can do for him or if he has somewhere to go.

Thanks.

MrX

High Octane
I dont know his specifics, but he has been around PF for many years. He used to park his car (he's had a few) on the side of Rt4 or over by Ledo's and just sit there. The cars were usually newer models, and were always clean; then you wouldnt see the car anymore after a while. Havent seen him in a car for quite some time, just walking with that device her uses/sits on. Maybe he lives in the senior center at the end of West Dares Beach Rd :shrug:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Didn't know where else to ask....figured this would be the place :)

Does anyone know anything about the man that's always around the Safeway shopping center in Prince Frederick?? He has one of those walkers with wheels on the front. My wife and I have seen him a few times and wonder if there is anything we can do for him or if he has somewhere to go.

Thanks.

Ick. That guy has been around for YEARS. He used to steal money from the car wash customers up by Ledos. He'd wait for people to turn their backs and he'd take the coins that people would line up to use while washing their cars. Finally, they ran him off after people complained.

I'm not sure what his deal is but I'll bet it's been 10 or more years that he's been around. He used to have a fairly new car every year but I'm not sure what he has now.

wilcam47

I've seen that guy there....he had traffic jammed up on the street going to the safeway, cuz I guess he was sleeping or napping during the day under a tree and someone thought he was dead cuz they had their windows down trying to wake him and no response so then they pulled over into the parking lot, just as he was waking up looking around like why are you people staring at me im just sleeping!! lol dunno what his deal is though some people just choose to live like a vagrant...I think every town has at least one "Icon".

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
That's "wheels". He used to roll over to the car show at Kmart on Sat. nights.

D

doubt_me

my guess is if he does not care enough to help himself, it's not worth trying. the thought is very nice though.

vbailey

vbailey
I once saw a man that I had thought to be homeless ( dirty, smelly, always just walking around town )in the bank right next to me take out a huge amount of cash ( all Bills ) put it in his pocket and walk out the bank. I was really concerned because he did not seem to be a smart man at all, seemed handicaped, I felt like if people knew he had that much cash on him it would be easy for someone to knock him on the head and take it. I believe people think he is broke, I have seen people give him food and drink. Maybe it is a good thing people think he is poor, homeless and broke.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
My car hood was spit on by the homeless POS at the Tuxedo Rd. 7-11 :barf: If you have been ther you smelled...I mean have seen him. He was there for years.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I have not seen him in a long while...I believe he was placed in a home somewhere, his health did not seem good.

Ah..not the same guy. You know, there was a fellow that used to frequent WalMart and the Subway in Prince Frederick. He was always reading a book. Maybe that's the one you saw. I haven't been in Subway in a over a year I'd guess, but I haven't seen him around the WalMart either. There's a woman who will occasionally sit out front of the PF Animal Hospital. She asks for $$. I was joking with the staff at the vet that most people coming out of there surely don't have any $$ left. :lol:

vbailey

vbailey
The guy I saw was from St. Mary's Co., I hope he is being well taken care of where ever he is now...He seemed like a sweet man...just dirty and stinky, and not very smart, child like man..