1/2-Day Daycare Rates

JabbaJawz

Be about it
For those of you with kids in 1/2-day kindergarten, or who know someone who does daycare....

What's the going rate for watching a child in this arrangement? Ya know - morning drop off, put them on the bus, get them off, yada yada yada.

I pay $120 now for all-day preschool, and out of curiosity I asked them the rate for the 1/2-day kindergarten kids this morning, and it was $105. Owch! Not much of a drop! Of course I understand that the 1/2-day kids are still taking up a full-time slot, so I'm not complaining. She can't go here next year anyway b/c it's another county and not in the district, but I wonder if that rate is pretty standard?? Looking to see what I'm in for at this time next year. Home daycare rates will probably be cheaper, but ya never know.

J

justhangn

The wife has a daycare in the home........

She charges $50 per kid for morning and afterschool.

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Originally posted by justhangn
She charges $50 per kid for morning and afterschool.
think I might be in the wrong business...

mainman

Set Trippin
Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Originally posted by kwillia
If it's a good daycare provider he/she is worth every penny.
I fully agree. I pay 120 each week as well. Money well spent.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
I do daycare in my home and officially, my published rate is $100/week. But that is negotable depending on how many hours the child is actually here. It is possible that they could be here for 7 hrs a day, so that rate isn't much of a break. Plus, my elementary school is popular and people want to put their kids in my district if they don't live here. I actually talked to a stay-at-home mother who wanted to put her child in daycare so he could go to the school here.

J

justhangn

Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

JH, isn't that her rate for full time school kids though? What does she do for the part timers?

It's an age group thing.

6 months to 2 years is $125
2 - 4 is $95
5 - up is $65 during the summer and $50 during the school year.

mainman

Set Trippin
Looks like she have very reasonable rates. She should get no complaints from her parents. PFGal, hang in there, the rate will decrease in a couple years.... but, oh yeah, by then you will be shelling out big bucks again for a newborn...perhaps even twins...:biggrin:
unlike some people around here, she will be able to ID the daddy....hopefully....:bubble:

JabbaJawz

Be about it
PFGal, hang in there, the rate will decrease in a couple years.... but, oh yeah, by then you will be shelling out big bucks again for a newborn...perhaps even twins...:biggrin:

Better not be no twins...shooooooooootttttttt!!!! :lmao:

Thinking about getting knocked up soon - hence the budget planning to accomodate the hefty infant daycare bill...which I'm estimating will be at least $140. :cool:

J

justhangn

Looks like she have very reasonable rates. She should get no complaints from her parents.
NOPE, they're happy campers.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Originally posted by mainman
think I might be in the wrong business...
Doubtful... You think you could take 8-10 hours of kids screaming, shrieking and destroying the house around you? :lmao:

Not even for platinum.

Dymphna

Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

It's an age group thing.

6 months to 2 years is $125
2 - 4 is $95
5 - up is $65 during the summer and $50 during the school year.

Wow, that's cheap.

According to the So Md Child Resource Center the averages for zip code 20659 (Mechanicsville) according to info they gave me this past spring is:

Home child care: 0-11mo $116 Centers: $145
12-23 mo $113 $145
2 yrs $94 $106
5 yrs $85 $98
6+ $82 $77.50
Kindergarten $75 $68
B/A School $56 $52

I think Calvert County is more expensive.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Originally posted by cmcdanal
Kindergarten $75 $68

This one applies to my 1/2-day question, right? See, I was assuming maybe $85 bucks or so, but it appears it'll be more than that. :shrug:

Dymphna

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Originally posted by PFgal
This one applies to my 1/2-day question, right? See, I was assuming maybe $85 bucks or so, but it appears it'll be more than that. :shrug:

Yes, but notice that it is only a $10 and $30 drop from the average for 5 yo's not in school. Also, this is only Mechanicsville and I don't know how many daycare centers there are. I only know of one for sure.

Also, you may have sticker shock when you start looking at infant care in Calvert Co. I know they've got to be higher then St. M's. My rate is $145 and those spots are at a premium. When I lived in Frederick I charged $175 and that was on the low end. Alot of people charged $200+

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Also, this is only Mechanicsville and I don't know how many daycare centers there are. I only know of one for sure.
There is at least 5 in the Golden Beach area.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Also, you may have sticker shock when you start looking at infant care in Calvert Co. I know they've got to be higher then St. M's. My rate is $145 and those spots are at a premium. When I lived in Frederick I charged $175 and that was on the low end. Alot of people charged $200+

Yes, infant spots are so hard to find - and never cheap. I'd better start looking into that, b/c at $200 plus per week my azz ain't never havin' any more kids!

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

Originally posted by PFgal
my azz ain't never havin' any more kids!
You seem to be doing it wrong then, you'll never have another kid that way.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: The wife has a daycare in the home........

You seem to be doing it wrong then, you'll never have another kid that way.

Stop being so literal, ya butthead!! :lmao: