Warning About Mawcaw Ad on SOMD classifieds

AmyB225

I believe it to be a hoax. For the reason I have had similar replies on other things I have replied to... You can judge for your self just dont want anyone to get ripped off and believe it. Here was my reply,
Hi,
Thank you for the inquiry about the birds,there are two Hyacinth Macaws available for adoption.There is a male and a female.They are home raised and good with kids.The Macaws are 11 months and 3 weeks old.They can talk and sing,they are very sociable bird.Allen and Mimi are good with kids and other pets.As for thier health situation,allen and mimi are healthy and current with vaccines and shots.I have sent pictures of the birds and myself in this email so that you can see for yourself.I am married with two sons.I am a presbyterian Christian and i am here with my husband.It's hard for me to believe that my two sons are both in college.Steve and Allan.Both of them are students at Eastern Michigan University, and both work part time at the ICT Help Desk there. I am looking for a family for the birds because i have relocated from Prince Frederick,MD to Changi,Singapore for work.I am a teacher working with the Voluntary Service Overseas Program in Singapore.I teach students who are deaf or hard of hearing. Some of my students use sign language; some use lipreading and their hearing aids or cochlear implants.Some go into a regular classroom with an interpreter.They are all cool kids. I love teaching them. I brought the birds here by Air Transport,i used Air France and i will use same means to send the birds to you.You will need to pick them up from the closest international airport.You can send your full names,address and the name of the closest international airport for the flight reservation.The flight information stating exact departure and arrival time and flight number will be sent to you when the flight reservation is made. I will send the birds with their registration paper,health/vet papers,a blue and gold macaw breed booklet. I am charging an adoption fee of $600 for the two birds,this adoption fee will cover the flight and adoption cost.I am giving a 6 months health and monetary guarantee for the birds.If you get the birds and the birds does not suit your taste or they are not healthy within the first 6 months when you get the birds,you have the right to send the birds back to me and i will refund your money. I will like to know how many persons live with you at home and are there any pets or kids in your home.I will also like to know if you have any experience dealing with a hyacinth macaw before? My term of adoption is that you will agree to take full care of the birds when you adopt the birds,you will take care of the bird's up bringing,feeding,health issues,medication and other related issues as concerns their well being.Please feel free to ask any question you have if there is anything else you need to know. I will end here while waiting for your reply,Sincerely.
John.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I believe it to be a hoax. For the reason I have had similar replies on other things I have replied to... You can judge for your self just dont want anyone to get ripped off and believe it. Here was my reply,
Hi,
Thank you for the inquiry about the birds,there are two Hyacinth Macaws available for adoption.There is a male and a female.They are home raised and good with kids.The Macaws are 11 months and 3 weeks old.They can talk and sing,they are very sociable bird.Allen and Mimi are good with kids and other pets.As for thier health situation,allen and mimi are healthy and current with vaccines and shots.I have sent pictures of the birds and myself in this email so that you can see for yourself.I am married with two sons.I am a presbyterian Christian and i am here with my husband.It's hard for me to believe that my two sons are both in college.Steve and Allan.Both of them are students at Eastern Michigan University, and both work part time at the ICT Help Desk there. I am looking for a family for the birds because i have relocated from Prince Frederick,MD to Changi,Singapore for work.I am a teacher working with the Voluntary Service Overseas Program in Singapore.I teach students who are deaf or hard of hearing. Some of my students use sign language; some use lipreading and their hearing aids or cochlear implants.Some go into a regular classroom with an interpreter.They are all cool kids. I love teaching them. I brought the birds here by Air Transport,i used Air France and i will use same means to send the birds to you.You will need to pick them up from the closest international airport.You can send your full names,address and the name of the closest international airport for the flight reservation.The flight information stating exact departure and arrival time and flight number will be sent to you when the flight reservation is made. I will send the birds with their registration paper,health/vet papers,a blue and gold macaw breed booklet. I am charging an adoption fee of $600 for the two birds,this adoption fee will cover the flight and adoption cost.I am giving a 6 months health and monetary guarantee for the birds.If you get the birds and the birds does not suit your taste or they are not healthy within the first 6 months when you get the birds,you have the right to send the birds back to me and i will refund your money. I will like to know how many persons live with you at home and are there any pets or kids in your home.I will also like to know if you have any experience dealing with a hyacinth macaw before? My term of adoption is that you will agree to take full care of the birds when you adopt the birds,you will take care of the bird's up bringing,feeding,health issues,medication and other related issues as concerns their well being.Please feel free to ask any question you have if there is anything else you need to know. I will end here while waiting for your reply,Sincerely.
John.

WOW!

I don't know if this is a scam or not.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
There were two or 3 SCAMS on the pet section last night..I reported them all..yes a pair of hyacinths are worth over 50K

slik

Hi,
John.[/QUOTE]

Definitely a scam :
Signed by John...... but "I am here with my husband" ?
Hyacinth Macaws are/were on the endangered species list - I believe you have to have a special permit to own one plus they run about $12k apiece.
Why would they be giving you a Blue and Gold macaw breeding booklet ?

Report it. There is no way this is real.

morningbell

hmmmmmm
Hi,
John.

John has a husband and two kids :shrug:

atrusomder

Isaiah 55:8-9
Hi,
John.[/QUOTE]

Definitely a scam :
Signed by John...... but "I am here with my husband" ?
Hyacinth Macaws are/were on the endangered species list - I believe you have to have a special permit to own one plus they run about $12k apiece.
Why would they be giving you a Blue and Gold macaw breeding booklet ?

Report it. There is no way this is real.

Good Detective Work Slik!!!!