Smokey is all over the place

TripleJ

The Calvert County Sheriffs and the Maryland State Troopers were all over Rt. 4 this morning. I counted six teams from Dunkirk to Prince Frederick. I was really pleased to see the Jetta pulled over by them, that passed me as if he was trying out for a role in the Fast and the Furious. When I arrived at my son's Daycare, there was a large sign taped to the door warning parents about the radar all over Rt.4. I tore it down as I walked in. I was asked what I was doing as if I had done something wrong. I told them you wouldn't warn a bank robber that the bank he was about to rob was being watched. Speeders kill about 10,000 times the number of people as bank robbers. If they want to speed let them pay the consequences. There are enough flowers and balloons decorating Rt. 4 because of these people. Don't help the bad guys, support the good guys, the ones in uniform out there risking their lives to save yours. There is a reason they are out there in such force especially today. Think about a school bus filled with children run off of the road by one of these idiots and I'm sure you will agree with me.

Pete

Repete
I was going into Leonardtown on 245 Friday following a SMC sheriff's car. A truck coming from the other direction had a bag of trash fall out all over the road about 75 yards from us. The SMC deputy just drove around it and kept going, truck never stopped.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Originally posted by dpete2q
I was going into Leonardtown on 245 Friday following a SMC sheriff's car. A truck coming from the other direction had a bag of trash fall out all over the road about 75 yards from us. The SMC deputy just drove around it and kept going, truck never stopped.

Why am I not surprised????

TripleJ

I hope they are better in Calvert :smile: , I'm sure you being the civic minded citizen that you are: pulled over and at great risk to yourself cleaned up the trash. You are a credit to your community:cheers:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by TripleJ
When I arrived at my son's Daycare, there was a large sign taped to the door warning parents about the radar all over Rt.4. I tore it down as I walked in.
That was rude. :boo:

It could've been a warning for people to actually slow down and have been helpful. Truck drivers are given these warnings all the time.

TripleJ

Originally posted by cariblue
It's the same way with people who speed. They only stop people when they're in the mood to do their job or it's the end of the month. I see cars blast by cops all the time.
Blast by cops? I would take that as a personal insult, even if I was right in the middle of eating my favorite donut, I'd catch up with that person and pull them over. :cheers:

Pete

Repete
I hope they are better in Calvert :smile: , I'm sure you being the civic minded citizen that you are: pulled over and at great risk to yourself cleaned up the trash. You are a credit to your community:cheers:

I must admit I didn't stop because I had the boy and we were going to open house at his school. However, if it were my stuff that blew out all over the road I would adn have stopped to pick it back up. But then again I am the type that puts the shopping cart inthe corral and not leaves it in the middle of the lot. But not so you think I am a goody two shoes I run with scissors, swim right after eating and just yesterday ripped the tags off a mattress at home.

TripleJ

Re: Re: Smokey is all over the place

Originally posted by Sharon
That was rude. :boo:

It could've been a warning for people to actually slow down and have been helpful. Truck drivers are given these warnings all the time.
I don't want people to slow down for one day I want it to be a part of their everyday lives. To respect others on the road and drive accordingly. I think it is more rude to tailgate and speed between cars:smile:

TripleJ

I must admit I didn't stop because I had the boy and we were going to open house at his school. However, if it were my stuff that blew out all over the road I would adn have stopped to pick it back up. But then again I am the type that puts the shopping cart inthe corral and not leaves it in the middle of the lot. But not so you think I am a goody two shoes I run with scissors, swim right after eating and just yesterday ripped the tags off a mattress at home.
Ok, I can understand that, I have my faults too, I'm the guy that stops when he sees a turtle in the middle of the road and picks it up and carries it to the other side of the road:cheers:

TripleJ

dpete, did you notice how that became your responsibility after the cop didn't do his job? Must be "trickle down". You're lucky you didn't get a ticket for not stopping and picking it up.
A... for the record it is not the cops job to pick up trash, that is really funny, how people think the cops are supposed to do everything unless it is enforcing some law they have violated then they are pains in the A**es?
':cheers:

TripleJ

Re: Re: Re: Re: Smokey is all over the place

Respect- Rolling road blocks going 10 mph under the speed limit. Of course, they're not considered aggressive drivers (even though I've read on this very bulletin board that people do it intentionally), so they won't be bothered.

We're allowed be be buttheads as long as we do it under the suggested posted limit.
Slow drivers cause a lot of accidents too, 10mph under the speed limit is way to slow. I'd do it if they were going the speed limit or 5mph above it:cheers:

Pete

Repete
A... for the record it is not the cops job to pick up trash, that is really funny, how people think the cops are supposed to do everything unless it is enforcing some law they have violated then they are pains in the A**es?

I am sure there is some state law regarding littering.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

So, a police officer's job doesn't include public safety?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cattitude
So, a police officer's job doesn't include public safety?
You know better, they aren't there to protect you. :razz2: