I would like to start my own book club...

frozenrain

Hello.everyone.I live in Great Mills.
I do not want to step on anybody's toes but wondered if any one would be interested.We could do it at my house or on a rota.
Since moving here I seem to be developing brain rot as I have not got involved with any activities.
I LOVE reading.
It would be quite informal and relaxed.You would not have to be in mensa to join; if you are that would be lovely too!
:buddies:

Last edited:

frozenrain

:faint:This is me being knocked down by the overwhelming reponse.
It would be fun!

Not like this :nerd: :nerd:
:nerd:
:snooze:
:nerd: :snooze:
:nerd: :nerd:

Maybe I need to find an established one.......

kelb

art imitating life
HAHA no one reads the entertainment thread.... really.. I post all the time and no one says anything.. try in the chit chat.. although now they will be like.. " thanks for starting two threads " LOL Good luck

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
HAHA no one reads the entertainment thread.... really.. I post all the time and no one says anything.. try in the chit chat.. although now they will be like.. " thanks for starting two threads " LOL Good luck
I would definitely be interested in a book club. What type of books do you normally read?

Cowgirl

You could always get a personal forum here and do an online book club. :shrug: It might be easier because people are so busy these days.

frozenrain

Sorry I missed your posts.I thought Kelb's one was the first one she posted.!
Thankyou for the interest and the advice everyone!
Sula I like a variety of reading material.I see you like the Kite Runner so that is brilliant!!
I will think about it some more.Not sure if there would be many interested in our own book club forum...
maybe we could suggest a book and all read it and then discuss it here.Or I could just have a very small club at my house.Some nice snacks and drinks too...

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good bookclub starter...

Geek

Sorry I missed your posts.I thought Kelb's one was the first one she posted.!
Thankyou for the interest and the advice everyone!
Sula I like a variety of reading material.I see you like the Kite Runner so that is brilliant!!
I will think about it some more.Not sure if there would be many interested in our own book club forum...
maybe we could suggest a book and all read it and then discuss it here.Or I could just have a very small club at my house.Some nice snacks and drinks too...

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good bookclub starter...

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Sula

WDF. So worth the wait.
Twilight is on my current list of "to be read". I just started The Russian Concubine by Kate Furnivall and am having a hard time putting it down.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I do not want to step on anybody's toes but wondered if any one would be interested.We could do it at my house or on a rota.
Since moving here I seem to be developing brain rot as I have not got involved with any activities.
I LOVE reading.
It would be quite informal and relaxed.You would not have to be in mensa to join; if you are that would be lovely too!

I'd like to join...like to read all genre...

Ladybug76

I LOVE reading.

I think this is a great idea either online or in person. We moved here in November...When did you get here?

frozenrain

Hello.Thankyou for all your responses.
If I had it at my place what is the best evening?
I have not read 'Twilight' byStephenie Meyers. Maybe that would be a good starting point.
I will P.M all those interested soon with information regarding times.We could also discuss the book we choose on the forum in case any one can not come to the book club evening aferwards. I am thinking about 3 weeks time.So we can all get used to school times for those with children.
P.M if you have any suggestions.
Thankyou:buddies:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Hello.Thankyou for all your responses.
If I had it at my place what is the best evening?
I have not read 'Twilight' byStephenie Meyers. Maybe that would be a good starting point.
I will P.M all those interested soon with information regarding times.We could also discuss the book we choose on the forum in case any one can not come to the book club evening aferwards. I am thinking about 3 weeks time.So we can all get used to school times for those with children.
P.M if you have any suggestions.
Thankyou:buddies:

Count me in as well! I love to read! :buddies:

P.S. I live in Lex. Park

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
What about a "Summer Reader", such as Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand, scroll down on page for description.

Being a summer best-seller, it may be an easier book to begin a book club with, as well as easier to get the discussions going.

:shrug:

frozenrain

What about a "Summer Reader", such as Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand, scroll down on page for description.

Being a summer best-seller, it may be an easier book to begin a book club with, as well as easier to get the discussions going.

:shrug:

Thankyou for the suggestion. Yes it does look a good summer read.I must admit Vampires are not my cup of tea usually.Of course I am open to reading a wide variety of literature and I might just love 'Twilight' .
Any more suggestions..
It might take a little while to get the book club off and running but it will be worth it!
I personally would like to read 'A Thousand Splendid Suns' by Khaled Hosseini.As Sula said she loved it even more than the 'Kite Runner' which I adored!
I have written all the books down suggested.
Are there any would be writers out there also? This could also be a small component of the group.
I need to know the times available you are able to attend.So if we have it at mine as well as on this forum .we can compromise.
Thankyou for your patience:buddies: