ATV accident in Brandywine

csanders

Anyone know anything more on this? Very little to be found in the news (3 Injured After ATV, Car Collide - News Story - WRC | Washington). I'm assuming the person flown out critical passed, since it appeared they were doing accident re-construction when I came by around 5:45 this morning. TIA

The only thing I heard on the radio this morning as I was coming in @ 5:45am was that they ATV was involved in a police search??? Or maybe it was somehow being pursued by police...which maybe then led to an accident? Not really sure which is true, but then again, it was 5:45 this morning.:shrug::snooze:

GSXR_MOE

Adding Diversity to SOMD
The only thing I heard on the radio this morning as I was coming in @ 5:45am was that they ATV was involved in a police search??? Or maybe it was somehow being pursued by police...which maybe then led to an accident? Not really sure which is true, but then again, it was 5:45 this morning.:shrug::snooze:

When I left the house this morning (5 am) I saw a bunch of police cars in the SB 301 at Cederville rd. The police were looking down, at what I thought was a motorcycle or pedestrian (it was too small to be a car). They were right in front of the horse farm, right on 301.. next to the WAWA... I guess it was an ATV....

The person had stolen the ATV. They crossed lanes trying to avoid the police. They hit an oncoming car and passed away.

Where did he pass away to? - the bumper of a Chevy is sounds like. What a dumb-ass...

Chlorination of the gene pool. :yay:

Pretty much so... stealing ATV's and Dirt Bikes have been a HUGE problem in this area for years. I hope this sends a signal to some. I have owned these items for 30 years (as a kid and now adult) and have luckily never had one stolen, but have had friends and acquaintances who have.

We were up at Gardiner Equipment talking with Neal Gardiner last evening, one of the items we were BS'ing about were the thefts that incur there - the stories he has are utterly amazing about people stealing ATV's.

johnjrval424

Charles County Sheriff's deputy was in pursuit of the ATV. They crossed the median on 301 trying to escape and ran into an oncoming vehicle. The male driver of the ATV was killed instantly. The female passenger of the ATV was flown to PG for treatment.

I haven't heard anything about the driver of the car.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It makes me...

Charles County Sheriff's deputy was in pursuit of the ATV. They crossed the median on 301 trying to escape and ran into an oncoming vehicle. The male driver of the ATV was killed instantly. The female passenger of the ATV was flown to PG for treatment.

I haven't heard anything about the driver of the car.

...happy when the stupid little bastards that do stuff like this suffer and die. I hope all thieves die or at least get crippled, especially when they try to get way with it even after they're busted.

Now whose gonna pay the car driver back for their pain and suffering? It should come out of the 'estate' of the deceased and/or the girl.

johnjrval424

...happy when the stupid little bastards that do stuff like this suffer and die. I hope all thieves die or at least get crippled, especially when they try to get way with it even after they're busted.

Now whose gonna pay the car driver back for their pain and suffering? It should come out of the 'estate' of the deceased and/or the girl.

Chances are, if they are stealing ATV's, they won't have any assets to have an estate.

The car's owner will have to file a claim against their OWN insurance company under their "uninsured motorist" coverage. THAT'S what sucks!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That...

Chances are, if they are stealing ATV's, they won't have any assets to have an estate.

The car's owner will have to file a claim against their OWN insurance company under their "uninsured motorist" coverage. THAT'S what sucks!

...should not be. The state should confiscate whatever the perps have, right away, to settle these type things. It's like those asshats who run and crash into all sorts of stuff; they should have to work off all the damage in addition to jail. Make those bastards pick up trash for 20 years if that's what it takes.

puggymom

I would not want them crippled. If that happens I guarantee they are more of a burden to the state then they were before.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
...should not be. The state should confiscate whatever the perps have, right away, to settle these type things. It's like those asshats who run and crash into all sorts of stuff; they should have to work off all the damage in addition to jail. Make those bastards pick up trash for 20 years if that's what it takes.

Chances are if the dude was out at 2AM with his GF or wife trying to steal an ATV. Neither of them has likely lived a life thus far where they have anything worth confiscating.

I do agree with your thinking though. Hold people responsible. No if's, ands, or buts! And if they are minors hold the parents responsible.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Then...

Chances are if the dude was out at 2AM with his GF or wife trying to steal an ATV. Neither of them has likely lived a life thus far where they have anything worth confiscating.

I do agree with your thinking though. Hold people responsible. No if's, ands, or buts! And if they are minors hold the parents responsible.

...whatever they have.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
1 dead in chase of stolen ATV

BRANDYWINE, Md. -- One person is dead after what appears to be a chase of a stolen all terrain vehicle early Friday. Maryland State Police say a Charles County Sheriff's Deputy was chasing an ATV that was believed stolen from Fairfax County, Va.
The ATV crossed the median on Route 301 in Brandywine and crashed into a car coming in the other direction.
The driver of the ATV has died, and his passenger was injured. The driver of the other car was hurt. The conditions of the ATV passenger and car driver aren't known.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I'm...

I agree. :yay: But in some cases it's likely to cost more in man hours to get the stuff than the actual worth of the stuff.

...happy to spend the money, as a government, to pursue restitution especially given the money we spend to see that the guilty are treated as lightly as they often are.

I think the cop should get something too, for putting his life in danger chasing these idiots.

This is where we need a SWAT team opening fire; on those that need shooting.

Jeff

Stop Staring!!!!!
...happy to spend the money, as a government, to pursue restitution especially given the money we spend to see that the guilty are treated as lightly as they often are.

I think the cop should get something too, for putting his life in danger chasing these idiots.

This is where we need a SWAT team opening fire; on those that need shooting.

Yep, on a case by case basis there will be some losses but in the long run, if applied properly, I bet it would be worth it. Might even cause a few of them to rethink things BEFOREHAND.