St James subdivision

I know two couples that live there. Taxes and HOA are hefty, nice big lots, good neighborhood.

$570 I hear from the nice lady I stopped to talk to. She said she was treasurer of the HOA. I looked like a nice place, but I think they might be starting to enforce some covenents I don't care for. RVs and boats visible from the street, for example.

G

gaminggirl

I actually live in the St. James subdivision. I rent a house there that will be going up for sale shortly so the owner can avoid foreclosure. She is a really sweet woman, so I am not bitter. She has given me my 30 day notice. I guess that's better than the bank coming and kicking out my son and I. My point is that I have seen one house for sale in this neighborhood right now, pretty much identical to the one I live in for 550K. The house I am living in now will be priced in the mid 300's for quick sale. Sounds like a deal to me :)

Suz

33 yrs & we r still n luv
$570 I hear from the nice lady I stopped to talk to. She said she was treasurer of the HOA. I looked like a nice place, but I think they might be starting to enforce some covenents I don't care for. RVs and boats visible from the street, for example.

:howdy: I've lived here for 7 years. We were the 13th family to move in. Yes, the HOA fees are $570. And yes, the ARC committee is currently reviewing violations such as boats, RVs etc being visible from the street. I hope those violating our covenants are forced to comply. We added quite a bit of driveway to hide our 22' boat behind our garage. I also don't care for the front load garages, but HBI who finished our community, did that to those of us who complied with the side load garages.

I actually live in the St. James subdivision. I rent a house there that will be going up for sale shortly so the owner can avoid foreclosure. She is a really sweet woman, so I am not bitter. She has given me my 30 day notice. I guess that's better than the bank coming and kicking out my son and I. My point is that I have seen one house for sale in this neighborhood right now, pretty much identical to the one I live in for 550K. The house I am living in now will be priced in the mid 300's for quick sale. Sounds like a deal to me :)

:popcorn: :howdy: neighbor! Which street are you on?

Homer J

Power Chord
Most of the new homes are being built by Home Builders Inc. I realize they are one of the sponsors for SOMD but I bought a home from them in another development and would warn you to be very cautious in dealing with them. They tend to cut every corner they can in their construction to maximize their potential profit. When it comes to warrenty, get everything in writing. JMO

and EXACTLY when where you going to tell me that you were moving? :drama:

Never, and you will never find me! This is just a smoke screen. Leave me alone, you have got to get over that one night!

:killingme
Most of the new homes are being built by Home Builders Inc. I realize they are one of the sponsors for SOMD but I bought a home from them in another development and would warn you to be very cautious in dealing with them. They tend to cut every corner they can in their construction to maximize their potential profit. When it comes to warrenty, get everything in writing. JMO

Interesting, thanks.

:howdy: I've lived here for 7 years. We were the 13th family to move in. Yes, the HOA fees are $570. And yes, the ARC committee is currently reviewing violations such as boats, RVs etc being visible from the street. I hope those violating our covenants are forced to comply. We added quite a bit of driveway to hide our 22' boat behind our garage. I also don't care for the front load garages, but HBI who finished our community, did that to those of us who complied with the side load garages.

Thanks, what is the HOA website. The lady told me just google St James but there are a lot of them.

BL, NO SUGAR FOR YOU! NEXT!!

:lmao:

I'm thinking about that one lot, 97, I think, that is 5.7 acres way toward the back. Any thoughts? Looks like a long driveway, would I have to have it paved, or just as far as you could see from the road.:lol:

G

gaminggirl

On a different note, anyone know of any affordable 2 bedrooms for rent for my 3 year old and I...by Sept 1st?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
On a different note, anyone know of any affordable 2 bedrooms for rent for my 3 year old and I...by Sept 1st?

There are apartments in Cedar Cove that run about $1K monthly. There is also Abberly Crest off Willows Road and many apartments in Wildewood.