Road Construction

happy_bee4

Going back to the stars
Has anyone else noticed that the road construction workers always pick the worst times of the day to shut down lanes??? Two lanes were shut down today by San Souci and the base......its driving me CRAZY!!!!

happy_bee4

Going back to the stars
I was just simply saying that the traffic at lunch time is already bad enough without having two closed lanes.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
So maybe they ought to shut them down during rush hour? :shrug: Oh, THAT would make people happy.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I did notice that they tore up some of the new island dividers and have put up the new "molds" to lay new ones. I am curious as to what was wrong with the old ones, considering they haven't been in all that long. I am talking about the area on 235 just south of the WaWa. Any ideas?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Originally posted by RoseRed
I did notice that they tore up some of the new island dividers and have put up the new "molds" to lay new ones. I am curious as to what was wrong with the old ones, considering they haven't been in all that long. I am talking about the area on 235 just south of the WaWa. Any ideas?
It was an 1/8" off.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by cariblue
RR, maybe they're discovering the drainage problems that the rest of us already know about. :cheesy:
Thanks Cari :cheesy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by DoWhat
It was an 1/8" off.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:bonk: :lmao:

John Z

if you will
Originally posted by happy_bee4
evening...would be nice...

What I've noticed about "business" down here in Southern MD is that it tends to be more in the 9am - 5pm, M - F than in the big sparkling city. Road construction up in the city is done at night, but that doesn't play down here. With the exception of convenient stores and gas stations (OK, a slight exaggeration), many companies tend to value dinner with their families more than extended hours for convenience sake.:shrug:

Pete

Repete
Originally posted by RoseRed

The civil engineer is a woman and she didn't like the way they looked?:shrug:

SamSpade

Originally posted by cariblue
Ya' ever notice when they actually work, someone complains about it?

Who said anything about WORK? All she mentioned was shutting down lanes. That usually precedes work, but isn't always the case.

Up near DC they usually do the work on the Beltway at night. Part of that is because traffic jams would be a catastrophe. That did NOT stop them from doing the same thing when I lived in Massachusetts, they'd shut down all but one lane of 495 and just let the traffic back up for 10 or 20 miles.

Time and a half for a road crew that actually *COMPLETED* a job that is taking *YEARS* would be money well spent. When they do the work on the Beltway, it takes a few days. I wonder how much is being lost down here just letting the job stay unfinished?

SamSpade

??????????

Who is saying NOBODY *ever* works? But in the time it's taken them to re-do a mile or so of road I have seen miles of highway get built from nothing. And we have all seen them put those barrels out to block a lane and then subsequently see no work getting done.

I don't know if it is money, or loss of contracts or bad management. I have just never seen a such a short piece of road project take so very long. So it's being used. Seen that too. Jeez, I will bet they will build the new Woodrow Wilson bridge before they finish this piddly little thing.

TWLs wife

Originally posted by happy_bee4
Has anyone else noticed that the road construction workers always pick the worst times of the day to shut down lanes??? Two lanes were shut down today by San Souci and the base......its driving me CRAZY!!!!
I am from waldorf. It's worst in lexington Park. Then Waldorf,& even Baltimore.:jet: