Looking at Kennels

slseaweed

I have used them before and had no problems. I used their luxury suites, though for my two dogs. They are much nicer than the standard "kennel" enclosures. I plan to use them again in October, already have my reservations. Very clean, and the owner is very nice and seems to love animals and enjoy what he is doing.

thepalechick

Do Not Board At Farmstead

We had a horrible experience at Farmstead Kennels. The staff was very unprofessional and my dogs were not treated as we were told they would be. I left them in a luxury suite and when we picked them up they were in the back on a cold concrete floor with no water. My one dog acquired a limp and no one could tell me how it happened. We had to pay over $200 in vets bills and they never reimbursed us for anything even after numerous emails back and forth. DO NOT USE THEM!!

We had a horrible experience at Farmstead Kennels. The staff was very unprofessional and my dogs were not treated as we were told they would be. I left them in a luxury suite and when we picked them up they were in the back on a cold concrete floor with no water. My one dog acquired a limp and no one could tell me how it happened. We had to pay over $200 in vets bills and they never reimbursed us for anything even after numerous emails back and forth. DO NOT USE THEM!!

How long ago? Didn't the recently go under new ownership?

And what did the vet end up saying about your dog's limp? How was the kennel responsible?

dn0121

I don't think they had new owners since it was new kennel in Spring this year.

A forum search found that Twisted Ear may know the owner.

thepalechick

Never Again

We boarded our dogs there in April. The facility was pretty new at the time so I'm sure the same people are still running it. The staff and owner were completely unprofessional on all fronts. They did not provide me with a copy of the signed contract, they did not ask about vaccinations, they were never there when we pulled up (having to call people and wait for them after you schedule specific pick-up/drop-off times is not acceptable), they moved my dogs from the luxury suite we paid for to one of the runs in back without asking if that was okay, they couldn't tell me which dog was which, and some of our belongings were missing. On top of that my dogs had no water when we picked them up and my one dog was definitely injured during his stay, they pointed out his injury and then tried to tell me that they noticed nothing out of the ordinary. No one could tell me how it happened. This was very upsetting because my dogs are like my children and I thought that they were on the same page when I left my dogs with them. I spoke with them on the phone and over email after the fact and they refused to reimburse us for anything including the money they owed us because they didn't have change for the cash they required us to pay with. I would never use them again or recommend them to anyone.

Last edited:

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
I don't think they had new owners since it was new kennel in Spring this year.

A forum search found that Twisted Ear may know the owner.

I'm not the Owner but know the Owner. After talking to the Owner about thepalechick comments - their are two sides. I would suggest anyone having a concern to contact the Owner to discuss thepalechick's comments. You can contact the Owner on (301-475-2449) if you would like to hear the "other side of the story."

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Rita's in Barstow is great

I'm not the Owner but know the Owner. After talking to the Owner about thepalechick comments - their are two sides. I would suggest anyone having a concern to contact the Owner to discuss thepalechick's comments. You can contact the Owner on (301-475-2449) if you would like to hear the "other side of the story."

Grooming and boarding, great prices and care!!!!

Sarbie2

We boarded our dogs there in April. The facility was pretty new at the time so I'm sure the same people are still running it. The staff and owner were completely unprofessional on all fronts. They did not provide me with a copy of the signed contract, they did not ask about vaccinations, they were never there when we pulled up (having to call people and wait for them after you schedule specific pick-up/drop-off times is not acceptable), they moved my dogs from the luxury suite we paid for to one of the runs in back without asking if that was okay, they couldn't tell me which dog was which, and some of our belongings were missing. On top of that my dogs had no water when we picked them up and my one dog was definitely injured during his stay, they pointed out his injury and then tried to tell me that they noticed nothing out of the ordinary. No one could tell me how it happened. This was very upsetting because my dogs are like my children and I thought that they were on the same page when I left my dogs with them. I spoke with them on the phone and over email after the fact and they refused to reimburse us for anything including the money they owed us because they didn't have change for the cash they required us to pay with. I would never use them again or recommend them to anyone.

Did you use the one on Indian Bridge Road??

J

jp2854

I would recommend staying far away from the kennels and going with a pet sitter as they will come to your home where you pet is used to being and keep them in there same routine instead of being put in a cage or in an area on a concrete floor with there food and water and not being taken out very much and having accidents as they can't hold it and all the kennel will do is take the dog out of hte space hose it down an stick your dog back in there.

I do pet sitting and know how important it is to the owner to have there animal taken care of and not just shoved in a cage or crate at a kennel and be left til they decide they want to come and take your dog out just to pee and poop unless you pay a lot extra to have them spend 15min with your dog and who knows if htey will really do it or not. With a pet sitter they dedicate there time to your animal and spend time with it giving it tlc and keeping it in its familiar surroundings will keep it healthier as who knows if any of the dogs at the kennel are sick with kennel cough or any of that or if any of them go in infested with fleas as if there is any of that there your dog is adapt to end up with it too I bet.

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
I would recommend staying far away from the kennels and going with a pet sitter as they will come to your home where you pet is used to being and keep them in there same routine instead of being put in a cage or in an area on a concrete floor with there food and water and not being taken out very much and having accidents as they can't hold it and all the kennel will do is take the dog out of hte space hose it down an stick your dog back in there.

I do pet sitting and know how important it is to the owner to have there animal taken care of and not just shoved in a cage or crate at a kennel and be left til they decide they want to come and take your dog out just to pee and poop unless you pay a lot extra to have them spend 15min with your dog and who knows if htey will really do it or not. With a pet sitter they dedicate there time to your animal and spend time with it giving it tlc and keeping it in its familiar surroundings will keep it healthier as who knows if any of the dogs at the kennel are sick with kennel cough or any of that or if any of them go in infested with fleas as if there is any of that there your dog is adapt to end up with it too I bet.

Sorry, just couldn't let this go. I fully understand that your business is "pet sitting." There are a ton of good reasons for arranging to have your loved one taken care of at home. However, it doesn't give you the right to "bad mouth" ALL Kennel's in order to promote your great service. Hope you understand.

dn0121

Use Buddy Lee, I hear he is good with the animals.

:howdy:

and Yes I have heard the same.

Also I ended up using Indian Bridge and they were very good with Sadie. She had ACL surgery in June and they were very good about keeping her calm, and not active with other dogs. She doesn't believe she had a bad leg.

J

jp2854

I am not bad mouthing them I am stating the obvious from what I have seen with my own eyes and I also did a few interviews and they say they are busy and can't guarantee anything.

The_Twisted_Ear

A proud Conservative!
I am not bad mouthing them I am stating the obvious from what I have seen with my own eyes and I also did a few interviews and they say they are busy and can't guarantee anything.

And "they" would be? Are you saying ALL Kennels (they) say they are busy? Can you be more specific?

J

jp2854

you all can badmouth me all you want but I take very good care of animals I have a few people who's animals I take care of and they are always asking me to come back.

I am not going to say which kennel it is but there are never vehicles in the parking lot during the day and maybe if lucky there might be one in the lot for an hr at night. I would never take my animals to a kennel I can tell you that much as I have 0 trust in them whatsoever to take good care of my dog.