Bite Back!

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
New Yorker Bites Pit Bull in Head

A New Yorker has bitten a pit bull in the head after it attacked his own pet dog. Richard Robbins was walking his Siberian husky Gina Marie outside a Melville school when the pit bull attacked.

The 44-year-old told Newsday: "I bit him in the head. I definitely got him in the skull. I had skin and fur in my mouth." After he'd bitten the dog, he was attacked by two other pit bulls and suffered 37 puncture wounds.

He was treated in hospital and released. His dog is also recovering. The pit bull he bit will be put down. Mr Robbins was out walking his three dogs which include Yummy, a mixed breed, and Reno, a Great Pyrenees when the attack happened.

He said of the pit bulls' owner: "She kept screaming, 'I'm sorry, I'm sorry,' and I remember saying, 'Sorry doesn't cut it.'"

Gina Marie escaped and ran home where a neighbour found her and took her to be treated by a vet. His other two dogs, which hadn't joined in the fight, were still by his side when he recovered consciousness.

Robbins was flown by helicopter to Stony Brook University Hospital, but checked out Saturday night to care for his dogs. Police say an investigation is under way to decide whether to charge the pit bulls' owner.

~~~~~~~
Farm Worker Kills Cobra by Biting Back

An Indian man killed a cobra after biting it back in anger after it had bitten him. The farm labourer was working in a paddy field when the black cobra bit him. He chased after the snake, grabbed hold of it and took two bites out of it.

The Hindustan Times reports that the snake later died following the incident at Ailsa, north of Calcutta. Mahadeb Hansda, who's 45, survived after being treated in hospital for his bite.

He said: "As it was deadly venomous I was terribly afraid and caught hold of it somehow before it could ran away. And, in a fit of rage, I bit off some of its flesh from its neck."

When he was brought to the hospital his wife carried the injured snake in an earthen pot to help the doctors identify its species and select the right anti-venom serum.

One of the hospital doctors said: "Hansda's mental strength to chase, catch and bite the fleeing cobra for a tooth-for-tooth retaliation is really rare." Doctors say the snake died because the bites severed its windpipe and spine.