Pork Chop- agressive boxer at tricounty

tommyjones

porkchop's previous owner said:
Just to set the record straight since none of you were at my home when PC attacked 3 other dogs at two different times which were being walked in front of our home and heard the screaming women trying to protect thier pets to the point of hesterics. Twice with larger dogs and once with an ankle biter (no mention of these aggressive issues when we took PC however when we 1st met him, PC snapped at the owner and that should have been clue 1) I have raised large breeds before, both Boxers and Great Danes and none of these breeds ever had this issue of dominance over other dogs like PC has. Keep in mind that he is over 5 years of age, training him not to attack can be costly and most of the time at that age will not produce the results you desire.

Lets talk about liability for a moment, your pet bites or severly insures a person or someones dog. The liabilty on this could end up being tremdous. Having a pet which weight is over 100 lbs and pure muscle as PC is, and charging at a human or a small dog can have a not so good outcome.

PC in the home got along with cats, kids, loved to give big slobbery kiss's. Outside of the house was a different story and totally different personality.

I do not apologise for my actions nor have I done so much explaining to total strangers in many years. I did what was best for me and my family, and I know each of you bored goverment workers will have something to say one way or the other. Personally I don't care what you have to say, since you don't provide food, finances or support for me or my family.

If you have a farm, away from other animals except cats then he will be a wonderful pet and best friend. However if you live in a neighborhood and have to share the air with other dogs he will be very aggressive and a potential hazard.

just for information purposes.....

if anyone is looking at adopting this dog, please be away that his is what the previous owner had to say about why PC is at the shelter.

the person who claims she was responsible for placing PC with this family may be intending to not fully disclose this information in an attempt to resuce this guy again.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
just for information purposes.....

if anyone is looking at adopting this dog, please be away that his is what the previous owner had to say about why PC is at the shelter.

the person who claims she was responsible for placing PC with this family may be intending to not fully disclose this information in an attempt to resuce this guy again.

You posted one owner's story. What about the other owner who said he was a good boy?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think the shelter has already labeled him as aggressive, so potential owners will know what they're getting into.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Too funny!!! The dog in question, lived with 2 cats (of which are declawed), a PUG, and 2 small children for 2 years PRIOR. He did NOT have a problem with the pug, which is 2/3 smaller than him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Too funny!!! The dog in question, lived with 2 cats (of which are declawed), a PUG, and 2 small children for 2 years PRIOR. He did NOT have a problem with the pug, which is 2/3 smaller than him.

But we notice you didn't keep him.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
The owner that he bit at if they did not want to deal with it should have taken and had him put to sleep instead of passing him around..and ending up at the shelter..if the previous owner/placer was willing to take him back that person should have been called...dog evaluated and either placed or put down..

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Why would Mike or Bay Kat lie about this?
I'm not saying they lied. I think (and this is my opinion only) that he was too hyper and they were uneducated about him. Did he dart out the front door? I'm sure he did. Did he purposesly do it to attack another dog? I don't think so, but I'm sure he wanted to investigate.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
You posted one owner's story. What about the other owner who said he was a good boy?

The owner that had him for two years. :yay:

It's okay Chasey. Tommy doesn't know me, that's quite obvious. I know me and my friends know me and understand that I do the CORRECT thing where animals are concerned.

I have stated on numerous occasions that it is better to put down an aggressive dog than to try to rehome him. Mousebaby can attest to that. I just don't see Pork Chop as aggressive.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
The owner that he bit at if they did not want to deal with it should have taken and had him put to sleep instead of passing him around..and ending up at the shelter..if the previous owner/placer was willing to take him back that person should have been called...dog evaluated and either placed or put down..

He didn't do that around me, and he was with my family for over 2 years. The dog would get a banana off the counter and put himself in his crate because he knew he did something wrong.

He went to the new home, of where he "attacked" on July 25, 2008.

ITS ME

I am coming in after the other thread was deleted and I did not see bay_kat or Mikes responses and saying so, I dont know if they answered this question or not, but Why didnt they tell Catt or JWWB about this after they took the dog to the pound.

Last edited:
I am coming in after the other thread was deleted and I did not see bay_kat or Mikes responses and saying so, I dont know if they answered this question or not, but Why didnt they tell Catt or JBWW about this after they took the dog to the pound.

Bay Kat posted that the pound said they had the previous owners info, JBWW, and would contact her.

ITS ME

Bay Kat posted that the pound said they had the previous owners info, JBWW, and would contact her.

Oh. Thats a shame that the pound didnt follow up on their word and it came to this. Had it been me I would have given the prior owner at least the courtesy of a call or in the very least an email explaining that this dog didnt work out and the reason why.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
He didn't do that around me, and he was with my family for over 2 years. The dog would get a banana off the counter and put himself in his crate because he knew he did something wrong.

He went to the new home, of where he "attacked" on July 25, 2008.

Does not matter what the dog did..he was to go to the previous or the person that placed him (Catt whatever role she played) she said she told him several times that the dog could go back to her that is my gripe...he should not have gone to the shelter but a call at least to Catt...thats the problem I have..or at least say..Hey the dog is a jerk I am putting him down..something...Catt expected communication and she did not get it that is the whole start of the problem..

ITS ME

Also, in all honesty, I think this thread is unfair and bias. Does Tommy Jones has have any relevance with this dog.

krazd_kat

Help "Invisible Dogs"
I think the shelter has already labeled him as aggressive, so potential owners will know what they're getting into.

The shelter only posted what the surrendering person said:

from their website:

According to his previous owner he is housebroken and good with children, but DOES NOT LIKE OTHER DOGS.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
and that she had violated the original contract she had with the shelter to begin with.

Nomo.....if you knew this dog did not like to be in a kennel and would be all kinds of upset, would you want him to go back into that environment? I was doing what I thought was right for the dog and not put him under any distress of having to sit in a kennel, with all those other dogs barking and carrying on.

Once I explained this to Tri County, after I called them, they understood why I did what I did and not bringing him back up there to become depressed and grrrrrrrrrr because he did not like being in that kennel.