Teen looking for a job?

happygolucky

Hi,

I am 16 and looking for a job. More so after school and on weekends any thing from mom and pop places' too nationwide chains. I have been having a hard time finding one. It would be much appreciated. If anyone could give me an idea of places that are hiring (or that are hiring) in St Mary's Co.

Thank you in advance.

Sid-McCray

Hi,

I am 16 and looking for a job. More so after school and on weekends any thing from mom and pop places' too nationwide chains. I have been having a hard time finding one. It would be much appreciated. If anyone could give me an idea of places that are hiring (or that are hiring) in St Mary's Co.

Thank you in advance.

Any fast food joint would be a good start.

onebdzee

off the shelf
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

If you have a license, a car and some sort of mechanicable ability I could probably give you the name of the guy that my 18 yr old worked for....I don't think he has filled the position yet

happygolucky

If you have a license, a car and some sort of mechanicable ability I could probably give you the name of the guy that my 18 yr old worked for....I don't think he has filled the position yet

No, I don't have a license yet. And at that I am female if that helps at all.
But thank you for you're help.

And as far as what, Sid-McCray. Wort I have looked into a few fast food places' but as of then, they where not hiring under 18.

Thank you, Sid-McCray and onebdzee for you're help!

lil_daisy

leaves will be falling! gutters need to be cleaned. I have a friend who is in need of her whole 3 acres mowed! She's too busy working to do it.

Many are too busy or simply can't. Make up a flier, add a contact # or email address and you'll be a busy guy. Put up the flier at churches, grocery stores, post office, hard ware store, beauty shopsword of mouth works fast around here!

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

What are your skill sets? What do you like to do?

unixpirate

Pitty Party
Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Look in the emptyprise.

I think Mcdonalds is calling your name!

B

Beth_kennedy

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

Most places are looking for 18. It is great at your age that you are looking for a job. With the holidays not too far off have you tried any of the retail stores?

tiltedangel

wawa sucks to work at! my son worked there during school and they scheduled him from 3:00 when he didn't even get out until 2:45! so he would go from school to work and if he was late they got mad...if you call out you have to call in a replacement for yourself..(thought it was against the law to give out others numbers) they give a list with all the employees phone numbers...i called them because we were taking him to the er an they said he either had to get someone to take his place or come in..and i told them he would not be there he would be in the er and then home and the manager called me a several names none of which were mine lol

tiltedangel

maybe someplace like blockbusters or a movie place that would be more fun than mc donalds..if the manager doesn't like you then you can count on no hours and the s*** work..find something you like and yes shoppers does hire at your age maybe cashier would be good...i think even walmart hires at 16 and their cashiers start pretty good too..

BOP

Hi,

Thank you in advance.

That's pretty tough at 16. Been there, done that. Don't get discouraged and don't limit yourself because of gender or what you're willing to do. I've done construction cleanup, parts cleaning (automotive garage), restaurant work, lawn mowing, and all kinds of less-than-glamorous jobs because that was all I could get under 18. Ask adults in your life; parents, pastors, teachers, and so on, all know people who are in position to hire you. Lots of times, you can get a job through that kind of connection that you wouldn't have been able to get on your own.

sockgirl77

wawa sucks to work at! my son worked there during school and they scheduled him from 3:00 when he didn't even get out until 2:45! so he would go from school to work and if he was late they got mad...if you call out you have to call in a replacement for yourself..(thought it was against the law to give out others numbers) they give a list with all the employees phone numbers...i called them because we were taking him to the er an they said he either had to get someone to take his place or come in..and i told them he would not be there he would be in the er and then home and the manager called me a several names none of which were mine lol

Stores have schedules. It's up to the employee to abide by them. And NO it is not against the law to give out an employee contact list. It is quite the norm. It was your son's job to find a replacement if he could not show up for work. You gonna coddle him the rest of his life? How in the hell is he going to learn responsibility?

Last edited:

onebdzee

off the shelf

I don't think that is WaWa's policy...I think the manager is just lazy

BOP

I don't think that is WaWa's policy...I think the manager is just lazy

I think you're just clueless. I was your son's age nigh on 40 years ago, and I remember working places were it was the employee's responsibility to make sure somebody covered their shift if they couldn't make it to work for whatever reason. It's clearly explained up front, so there should be no surprises. Quit babying your son.

B

Beth_kennedy

Stores have schedules. It's up to the employee to abide by them. And NO it is not against the law to give out an employee contact list. It is quite the norm. It was your son's job to find a replacement if he could not show up for work. You gonna coddle him the rest of his life? How in the hell is he going to learn responsibility?

The kid was on his way to ER. Period, finding a replacement on his way for medical treatment should not be his responsibility, which is why they have store managers.

RPMDAD

Most places are looking for 18. It is great at your age that you are looking for a job. With the holidays not too far off have you tried any of the retail stores?

Not sure about St. Mary's, especially now with school in session, but i know in Calvert Co., my sons girl friend worked at a Subway sandwich shop over the summer, and she is 16 y.o.