Indian food in waldorf

Amit577

I recently went to Curry of India in Waldorf. I was a little hesitant because it is kind of hidden away behind CVS in the Smallwood village shopping center and there really wasn't good signage to tell you where it is. The experience was a pleasant surprise though. My family is from india and I will tell you that the food is quite good. For first timers to indian food try out the vegie samosa appetizer. Its basically a pastry shell filled with potatoe and peas and comes out hot and crispy.

For our meal we had the Hariyali Chicken which is basically a chicken marinated in herbs and spinache and then barbqued in a tandoor. It came out on one of those metal fajita plates you see at a mexican place, sizzling. With the meal order some Naan (i LOVED their garlic naan). Its a bread that you use to sort of wrap up the food or dip it into the sauces. The other thing we ordered was the lamb vindaloo which is sort of a spice brown stew and was fantastic. The last dish was butter chicken and was probably tasted the least authentic of the lot. I almost wonder if the sauce was from a can...... I would give the place overall a 9/10 for food taste with the butter chicken getting a 7/10. Service was decent, not phenomenal but VERY friendly. The waiter and owner were both very willing to talk about what is good to order, but take some of it with a grain of salt. Places which offer buffets during the week days for lunch sometimes try to get you to order what they had on the buffet that week to get rid of it. (things that are often on indian buffet are chicken tikka masala and chicken makhni aka butter chicken) If you go with anything from the Tandoor section of the menu it will be hot and fresh for sure.