The Getaway Lounge

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
Tried a new bar/restaurant over the weekend called The Getaway Lounge. It's located on Old Washington Road (Rt 925) in Waldorf beside Ken Dixon. It's on the right side heading North on Old Washington Road in a little tiny strip mall directly across/beside Ken Dixon.

It's a really nice place. I got an appetizer which was really good. Atmosphere is nice. They have Keno, several TV's for sports. They have Karoke on Wednesday nights. Football stuff going on Sunday and Monday nights. The owner is really nice man. He and his daughter run it together. It's been opened now since August 22nd.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Tried a new bar/restaurant over the weekend called The Getaway Lounge. It's located on Old Washington Road (Rt 925) in Waldorf beside Ken Dixon. It's on the right side heading North on Old Washington Road in a little tiny strip mall directly across/beside Ken Dixon.

It's a really nice place. I got an appetizer which was really good. Atmosphere is nice. They have Keno, several TV's for sports. They have Karoke on Wednesday nights. Football stuff going on Sunday and Monday nights. The owner is really nice man. He and his daughter run it together. It's been opened now since August 22nd.

I work near there so I've been a few times for lunch. I think it is a really good place. They have great food and good prices. Like you said, the atmosphere is nice. I would suggest to give it a try.

maxima87

Football Mom!!!

Is it an older or younger crowd...a mixture of the both?

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
I work near there so I've been a few times for lunch. I think it is a really good place. They have great food and good prices. Like you said, the atmosphere is nice. I would suggest to give it a try.

Oh good!! It's in such a remote area that I'd hate to see it go out of business. It's pretty nice in comparison to some of the places in Waldorf and the food and prices are reasonable.

rich70

STEELERS NATION!!
Oh good!! It's in such a remote area that I'd hate to see it go out of business. It's pretty nice in comparison to some of the places in Waldorf and the food and prices are reasonable.

I actually work at Ken Dixon and alot of us go over there for lunch because we just walk across 925. I think just our dealership would keep them in bussiness.:lmao: We have actually been talking about going after work for a few drinks one night, but haven't done it yet. I do like the place itself though.

kelb

art imitating life
I thought it was going to be competition for us.. turns out.. not at all! :yahoo:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
I actually work at Ken Dixon and alot of us go over there for lunch because we just walk across 925. I think just our dealership would keep them in bussiness.:lmao: We have actually been talking about going after work for a few drinks one night, but haven't done it yet. I do like the place itself though.

I can't picture where this is located. Is this where the tanning place and such was?

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind

Good. I was a bit concerned when I saw where it was located and they did such a nice job making it look nice in there. I'd hate to see them get very little business. It is off the beaten path of everything.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
We saw a bunch of signs on the roadside over the weekend for that place. When we drove passed it, my only thought was that it was destined to be dive before long because of it's location. Most every bar along 925 eventually becomes a dive. :shrug:

It's good to know it's a nice place....at least for now. That area can use some nice places to hang out.

Queenofdenile1

Love is Blind
We saw a bunch of signs on the roadside over the weekend for that place. When we drove passed it, my only thought was that it was destined to be dive before long because of it's location. Most every bar along 925 eventually becomes a dive. :shrug:

It's good to know it's a nice place....at least for now. That area can use some nice places to hang out.

I agree, typically there are some "rough" places in that area, but it isn't at this point. It really is nice inside. Don't know if anyone knows about Babes Boys Tavern, but I would say it's even nicer than that.