Sedation grooming?

havoc

....not for humans, for cats, silly!.... :smack:

You've all been helpful in the past, so here's another request for a recommendation!

I have two 1-year old long haired cats (probably Maine Coon mix if not full). They have terrible mats on their hindparts, bellies, and "armpits". We took the female to PetSmart a few months ago, which was a torturous experience for her and the groomer as well, I would imagine. And they didn't get most of the armpit area anyway.

I'd like to take them somewhere where they could be put under and given a good shaving. Our vets office (St. Charles Animal Hospital) is ridiculously expensive. They're good, but WAY too costly. If you have pets who go there, you know this!

Since this isn't brain surgery, we just need a repuatable place that's capable of putting a cat to sleep, or at least under heavy sedation, without killing them in order to remove all the mats and make it as un-traumatic as possible.

Does anyone have a vet who does this or another grooming place to recommend?

By the way, we did finally realize the need to brush them with the special de-matting brushes on a daily basis, but it was too late and no brush is going to do it at this point. We just want the bad parts shaved off so we can start fresh with a regular brushing routine to prevent it from happening again.

Thanks much for any suggestions! :smoochy:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I can shave them and NOT tranqulize them.......I shave cats all the time..very very few need drugs...