Puppy needs a home!

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
My daughter rescued a puppy from a farm a week ago...the owners were going to shoot it because they hadn't found a home for it and it was the last one in the litter...

It is about 8 weeks old, male, collie/shepherd/rottie mix?? Don't have a camera, but am attaching a photo I found on the web that looks just like the puppy except for the markings. He is dark brown with rust-colored markings like a dobie or rottie. He is staying with my neighbor most of the time so he can hang out with their beagle pups who are the same age. He also gets along GREAT with all my dogs, but I simply CANNOT take on another dog right now! (I already have 4...)

So if any of you guys want, or know someone who wants, a WONDERFUL puppy, great with kids, let me know!

AnonymousPenguin

Lead Penguin
Re: Re: Puppy needs a home!

Originally posted by BchBns

I hope these aren't registered breeders? Cause if they are, THEY should be shot! Geez ... :burning:

No, these are likely the people who don't get their dogs spayed/neutered... but don't want puppies...so they shoot em to solve their problem.

Just like the humans that don't use protection...then get rid of their 'unwanted' child....or throw em in the trash.

Ultimately, just a lack of value for life!

Irresponsible...

:burning:

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
No these people are NOT breeders – just ignorant...

I hate to see this happen, too. There are ENOUGH unwanted puppies and kittens in the world already!!! But I'll make sure that this little guy, at least, gets a good home...

I'm just a sucker for animals, so I end up with a bunch of "orphans" to take care of...but I REALLY can't have another dog right now! Stretched too thin already!

slackwater514

There is someone on the dog classifieds page who is looking for a puppy - they recently lost their 4yo lab and their other dog is lonely - you might want to contact them to see if they are interested. Good luck finding him a home! My hubby says that four dogs are enough...:(

dwoolford

I'm with the Animal Relief Fund and we will take your puppy. We'll spay or neuter it and then put it up for adoption.

Sierra39

Hairball Magnet
Thanks, Dwool!

I have 2 people who are interested in him, and I should know something by tomorrow...if both fall through, I will contact you. Can you PM me a contact phone number? He's been wormed and I've given him his first 5-in-1 shot... He gets along great with my other 4 dogs and LOVES the cats. He's crate trained, and nearly house broken already, so he'll be an awesome pet for someone!