Ken HELP!

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
I need legal info pertaining to disclosing info about a damaged car. Bought my car in January and just found out that there is major damage to the rear of the car that wasn't fixed previously. I bought the car from a dealership and was never told that it had been in a wreck.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Originally posted by pixiegirl
I need legal info pertaining to disclosing info about a damaged car. Bought my car in January and just found out that there is major damage to the rear of the car that wasn't fixed previously. I bought the car from a dealership and was never told that it had been in a wreck.

I'm not Ken and I could be misinformed...

But I don't believe car dealers have to tell you if a car's been wrecked, especially if it's a used car. Did you see a CarFax report? I think it's somewhat up to the buyer to do their homework before they buy the car. But Ken may have more information...

There's a lemon law but I believe that only applies to new car purchases.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Catt I'm almost positive that there is some sort of law concerning the disclosure of damage done to a car before a dealer can sell it.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I dunno Pix. Just talked to my car salesman son. If the car was damaged and never reported, there is a chance the dealer had no knowledge. It wouldn't be on a carfax report.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by cattitude
I dunno Pix. Just talked to my car salesman son. If the car was damaged and never reported, there is a chance the dealer had no knowledge. It wouldn't be on a carfax report.

The dealer knew there was damage. They told me there had been surface damage to the front and back and that the car had to be painted by them. They KNEW that car had been wrecked.

I've been doing some reasearch and we never signed an "AS IS" statement. Looks like we may be onto something.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Re: Use Car fax!!

Originally posted by justhangn
Car fax baby.

Did that it's clean. Carfax is a joke. I had the entire side taken off my celica and checked car fax when I was thinking about selling it. Paid $15 to get a clean report. I sold it to my dad he knew about the damage. So after that happened I ran the VINs of my 2 previous cars who had been wrecked too (people like to hit me what can I say). Both came back clean. Carfax is only good at finding salvage cars.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Oh by the way..... DON'T EVER BUY A CAR FROM CRYSTAL FORD ISSUZU IN SILVER SPRING.

I will be car shopping again soon. :burning:

J

justhangn

Re: Re: Use Car fax!!

Carfax is only good at finding salvage cars.

That totally bites......thanks for the info. :cheers:

J

justhangn

Oh by the way..... DON'T EVER BUY A CAR FROM CRYSTAL FORD ISSUZU IN SILVER SPRING.

I will be car shopping again soon. :burning:

OR WALDORF FORD.....DON'T GO THERE FOR SERVICE EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
First question, is the damage such that the car does not pass Maryland inspection?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by Ken King
First question, is the damage such that the car does not pass Maryland inspection?

The insurance lady is sending me pics today. She did tell me that there were NO, I repeat NO bolts in the back bumper cover at all it was only held on by clips. That can't be safe.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
The insurance lady is sending me pics today. She did tell me that there were NO, I repeat NO bolts in the back bumper cover at all it was only held on by clips. That can't be safe.

:confused:

What insurance lady?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Originally posted by cattitude
:confused:

What insurance lady?

I had an incident on my way home from vacation. My car went into the shop to get repairs done. Minor stuff. The insurance adjuster came out to do the estimate, lifted the car on the lift to look at the underneath and saw all the old damage. She said there is extensive old damage to the rear of the car that was never properly fixed. She took some pics and is going to send them to me today.

carolinagirl

What's it 2 U
I know in NC the law is if the car has more than 25% damage it has to be disclosed, whether it is new or used. That is based on the blue book value of the car.

This actually may be federal law.