$1 million of vegan food donated to Bronx poor

hammishsqueak

We're all mad here.
Shame that stuff is usually much more expensive than actual burgers, hot dogs, etc. It was really nice of her to do...I just wonder if they'll eat it. If you buy the right brand many meat-free products taste good, but some of that stuff is putrid.

bcp

In My Opinion
I wonder if she got them Turkey Ice Cream for dessert...:jet:
She gave a million in food to people. I can hardly fault her for it being veg based.
although, I personally woudl prefer beef based foods, if I was having a hard time making ends meet and somebody gave me enough food to eat for awhile, I would not be upset at their choice of foods.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.7) 320x240; VZW; Motorola-Q9c; Windows Mobile 6.0 Standard)

If vegan food is so great why do they have to make it look and taste like hot dogs, burgers, and chicken?

Gwydion

Thats absolutely awesome! I havent looked into vegan's healths, but I wonder if these people will get the same amount of protein, vitamins, minerals, etc. that are required to stay healthy? I wonder if its enough of those core materials for a person who probably can't eat a square meal every day.

BOP

I wonder what she has against these people.

She clearly doesn't know that they won't appreciate it one bit, and will almost certainly (nearly universally) be-atch because it isn't food they like and want. Look for someone like Jesse to call her racist for giving them "white people's" food.

bcp

In My Opinion
She clearly doesn't know that they won't appreciate it one bit, and will almost certainly (nearly universally) be-atch because it isn't food they like and want. Look for someone like Jesse to call her racist for giving them "white people's" food.
why is it always the blacks that have to have these handouts in the first place? the blacks that live up around this area dont seem to be standing around waiting for dinner to float down on the end of a parachute.

Dork

Highlander's MPD
why is it always the blacks that have to have these handouts in the first place? the blacks that live up around this area dont seem to be standing around waiting for dinner to float down on the end of a parachute.

I think I'm going to start working a little more overtime just so I can help take care of all these people who are too lazy to work. Maybe some of my money can help them get housing, food and health care. I will not see my family as much but I'm sure it will make me feel so much better knowing that some lazy crackhead in the inner-city can sleep in til noon, go shopping for his fix, then go find some new woman to be his new baby's mamma. Heck, I can't wait til that baby's born either, so I can help take care of it too.