Open Criminal/Child Support Warrants

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
A message from St. Mary’s County Sheriff Timothy K. Cameron about Child Support Violators

Parenting is a tremendous responsibility. Unfortunately, far too many people shirk that responsibility by refusing to provide even the most basic financial support for their children. We at the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office are here to remind parents that they must financially support their children. The law says it, and we enforce it. To those parents who willfully neglect their court-ordered child support payments, we will find you. And today we’re enlisting the support of all citizens in bringing these “deadbeat” parents to justice.

Of the many current outstanding warrants stemming from child support cases in St. Mary’s County, the majority have been worked to exhaustion. We need your help finding these people. By enlisting your cooperation, we hope to reduce this backlog substantially and improve the quality of life for children in our county. When a non-compliant parent is arrested, he or she may have to post a certain dollar amount before he or she can leave jail; that amount will go toward reducing the arrearage due to his or her children.

If you know the whereabouts of the following parents who have failed to provide support for their children, or have any information that may assist us in our location efforts, please contact the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office at 301-475-4200 x1900. You may also call St. Mary’s County Crime Solvers at 301-475-3333. Callers to this number may be eligible for a reward of up to $500 for information leading to the arrest of the pictured individuals. All contacts will be considered confidential.

Gillespie, James Grat
Wanted for Escape

Clyburn, Deodis Lee
Wanted for Resisting Arrest

Foote, Kervin Cisco
Wanted for Failure to Pay Child Support

Gray, Michael Rodney
Wanted for Failure to Appear in Court

Hare, Margaret Patricia
Wanted for Escape

Bush, Sherron Terrell

Bean, Reginald Maurice

Chase, Marcus Tyrek

Payton, Jeffrey Ray
Wanted for Possession of a Controlled Dangerous Substance

Hall, Charles Frederick Jr.
Wanted for Bad Check

Dickens, Lester Windell

White, Dennis Robin

Price, Melvin Jerome

Freeman, John Anthony

Knott, Robert James
Wanted for Theft

Williams, Donald Ray Sr.
Wanted for Fraud

If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of these individuals, contact St. Mary’s County Crime Solvers at 301-475-3333.

*As of September 18, 2008, these individuals were wanted by the St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office.

The status of these individuals may change prior to publish date. For more information, visit the official St. Mary’s County Sheriff’s Office Website, St. Mary's County Sheriff's Office - Homepage.

Last edited by a moderator:

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
These people make me sick. They make the babies then decide that it binds them down to much or whatever and they don't want to be bothered anymore. I hope they catch all of them Like they did the one for Drugs

redneck_woman

Starting Over
Ok my question to that is, if the deadbeat parent is not able to post a certain amount that will go towards the arrearage what will happen? Will they be kept in jail? If so how will the arrearage be paid down?

In my opinion these deadbeat POS should remain in jail on work release until every penny of the arrearage is paid.

jlfree25

Steelers Fan 4-life
Ok my question to that is, if the deadbeat parent is not able to post a certain amount that will go towards the arrearage what will happen? Will they be kept in jail? If so how will the arrearage be paid down?

In my opinion these deadbeat POS should remain in jail on work release until every penny of the arrearage is paid.

You would think so. But that would be the logical thinkg to do.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

Good question. I think by the time they get to this point they are in contempt of a court order, then they are picked up and the judge decides. I know for a fact some are kept in jail for a while. :lol:

redneck_woman

Starting Over
Good question. I think by the time they get to this point they are in contempt of a court order, then they are picked up and the judge decides. I know for a fact some are kept in jail for a while. :lol:

Still doesn't solve anything if they are kept in jail for a while, the child support order is still being neglected, while the mother/father that is working provides and she/he's tax dollar is paying for the SOB to have 3 meals a day, entertainment, gym time, etc.. etc...

redneck_woman

Starting Over
As with any other criminal. Should we just let them all go?

NO...That's why I suggested workrelease and them paying what is owed until it is brought current.

I was very young (18) when I had my oldest son and yes it was by a POS. One of those things where I was told to leave him alone, didn't listen, but can say I wouldn't trade my son for anything in this world, nor have I ever refered to him as a mistake. Never once did I use the welfare system for my actions either.
Anyhow to make a long story short, the POS has been in jail for the mass majority of my son's life and he will be 13, so because he was in jail, I was left as the sole provider and received nothing from him up until recently. He is know longer in jail, how long it will last have know clue. Not that I am crying the blues over it, but believe better action needs to be taken against the non-payers then just putting them behind bars.

awpitt

Main Streeter

You're right but at least there freedom is taken away.

redneck_woman

Starting Over
You're right but at least there freedom is taken away.

Yes their freedom is taken away, but I am pretty sure majority of them could care less about that. They probably have it a lot better behind bars, then out on the streets. At least they know where they are going to be resting their heads every night.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
This is to no one in particular but...

women created this problem. Way back in the 50's "nice girls didn't" (ok some of 'em did) ...then came the free love of the 60's where women wanted to be liberated and slutted around just like the men. No one was thinking about pregnancy or a long term relationship with the man - it was stop, drop and roll baby! They knew the man was trash, or a player, or an all around scoundrel but the fact is men don't get pregnant. What's always good for the gander wasn't necessarily good for the goose. I don't care that BC isn't 100% reliable and abortion was newly available. Some women have been trapping men with their pregnancies for eons. It was selfishness that got some of them in the situation they complain about - make the man pay whether he wants a baby or not. Women were given the choice.

I'm not going into a long drawn out diatribe but I still think the best way to happiness is the old fashioned way of finding a man, dating, making him your best friend and then deciding on marriage AND having the baby later. (I can hear some of you frothing #####es now. :jameo: )

Is it a guarantee the man won't run off later at some time and not pay, no. I don't have statistics but you know it's less likely than what's happening today with all the single momma's who've never been married or gotten married because they were pregnant just to end in divorce less that a few years later, usually by her own doing.

Have at it! :jerry:

I'm not going into a long drawn out diatribe but I still think the best way to happiness is the old fashioned way of finding a man, dating, making him your best friend and then deciding on marriage AND having the baby later. (I can hear some of you frothing #####es now. :jameo: )

Is it a guarantee the man won't run off later at some time and not pay, no. I don't have statistics but you know it's less likely than what's happening today with all the single momma's who've never been married or gotten married because they were pregnant just to end in divorce less that a few years later, usually by her own doing.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THIS and really regret my children are now living in a "girls giving it out as freely as a handshake" society. :ohwell:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member

You would think so. But that would be the logical thinkg to do.
Did you notice the "escape" by some of them. If you release them on work release, they just bolt.

women created this problem. Way back in the 50's "nice girls didn't" (ok some of 'em did) ...then came the free love of the 60's where women wanted to be liberated and slutted around just like the men. No one was thinking about pregnancy or a long term relationship with the man - it was stop, drop and roll baby! They knew the man was trash, or a player, or an all around scoundrel but the fact is men don't get pregnant. What's always good for the gander wasn't necessarily good for the goose. I don't care that BC isn't 100% reliable and abortion was newly available. Some women have been trapping men with their pregnancies for eons. It was selfishness that got some of them in the situation they complain about - make the man pay whether he wants a baby or not. Women were given the choice.

:yeahthat:

redneck_woman

Starting Over

I agree 100% also even though I did it a$$ backwards.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I agree 100% also even though I did it a$$ backwards.

Most of us who've made mistakes in life agree with Sharon's post, because we know how hard it was and realize that a little more maturity and thought would have made things easier.

And I love your idea about work release. :clap:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Most of us who've made mistakes in life agree with Sharon's post, because we know how hard it was and realize that a little more maturity and thought would have made things easier.

I think work release sounds great, but, again, I point out that these are escapees and people who flee. If you let them out without a guard, they are going to bolt. I think work gangs would be good. State or country pays minimum wage to have them pick up trash on the road. Pays reasonable wage for skilled labor to do construction or even white collar jobs for government. But always in groups with supervision.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think work release sounds great, but, again, I point out that these are escapees and people who flee. If you let them out without a guard, they are going to bolt. I think work gangs would be good. State or country pays minimum wage to have them pick up trash on the road. Pays reasonable wage for skilled labor to do construction or even white collar jobs for government. But always in groups with supervision.

I'll go for that :yay:

H

HouseCat

:yeahthat: If only we could get younger women to listen and realize this...

idiganthro

I wish to heck someone in the Texas county I'm from would have pursued this issue. My ex-husband owes over $20,000 and all they ever told me to do was hire my own attorney. Now it's probably too late because my son is 22, but that little old $300 per month would've made a big difference sometimes.

Kudos to Saint Mary's county for doing this.

Last edited:

redneck_woman

Starting Over

I do realize there are chances being taken with a deadbeat being allowed to work while in jail. But micro-chip their a$$, do something to keep track of them. If there is a will, there is a way.