new doctor on Great Mills Rd.

Goobergrl6

Does anyone have the name or number of the new doctor on Great Mills Rd? They share the building with the charter school. We are really trying hard to stay away from Shah and my husband dislocated his thumb last night. Thanks. Also if you have been there what did you think of them?

JMA50192

Dr. Charles M. Benner, MD
maps.google.com

Suite 203
20945 Great Mills Road, Lexington Park, MD 20653
(301) 866-0080
Get directions

I have never been to see him but my Grandfather did. He was very good with him and has a wonderful reputation.

Last edited:

Micki

Dr. Charles M. Benner, MD
maps.google.com

Suite 203
20945 Great Mills Road, Lexington Park, MD 20653
(301) 866-0080
Get directions

I have never been to see him but my Grandfather did. He was very good with him and has a wonderful reputation.

The other one with the same address is Dr. Thomas Annulis
(301) 593-8500
Only know the name, nothing else about him.

flyingdog

Does anyone have the name or number of the new doctor on Great Mills Rd? They share the building with the charter school. We are really trying hard to stay away from Shah and my husband dislocated his thumb last night. Thanks. Also if you have been there what did you think of them?

Can I ask why no Shah?

glitch

Devil's Advocate
Dislocated thumb? I'd say pop that bad boy back into place and get on with things.

F

fedacct

Dr. Annulis is a jerk and very unprofessional

The other one with the same address is Dr. Thomas Annulis
(301) 593-8500
Only know the name, nothing else about him.

I was Dr. Annulis's patient when he was in Silver Spring. Both he and doctor Benner used to have a practice there until earlier this year. Then, one day I get a letter in the mail saying the practice was sold and that all the doctors were moving out of the Washington area, which I thought was rather strange. Why would all the doctors be in agreement to sell a practice and all of them move out of a major city to a small town and, much more, move to the same place?

I was never happy with Dr. Annulis's services to begin with. However, I didn't want to establish myself with another doctor again given I had a major relocation of my own looming on the horizon. I originally changed doctors because had decided that my doctor in Charles Village in Baltimore was no longer convenient for me to travel to.

In the time Dr. Annulis treated me, I found him to be a person that loved to hear himself talk and not listen. I found his demeanor superficial. He also liked to push medications. Over the course of two visits, he persuaded me to take an anitdepressant called Lexapro. I had heard about the side effects and didn't want it. After he continued to encourage me, I gave it a try. After six days, the drug made me feel crazy, and I stopped taking it. However, the withdrawal from only taking it six days was everlasting. I had occasional tingling in my left ear for about a year afterwards. He must have been getting some kickback to prescribe it.

He also on his own accord tried to get me to change dermatologist. Why? I have no idea. I hadn't told him anything bad about my dermatologist. My guess is the guy he was suggesting was a buddy. He asked out of the blue and for no apparent reason "Are you happy with him?" When I didn't answer fast enough for him, he condescendingly said "The answer is either a 'yes' or 'no'." This was the last time I saw Dr. Annulis.

Well, my move still hasn't come through although I now expect it to happen at any time. My perscription for Propecia ran out. Propecia is innocuous. It's for hair growth. I saw no reason to have to establish myself with a new doctor over a perscription like this especially since I will be relocating out of state in a month or two. I called his new office in Lexington Park to ask if he would refill it and call it into the pharmacy.

My first call to his office was on October 20th and 21st. Both days the office was apparently closed despite no message indicating as such. I left a message on the 21st and got a call back from his answering service, who suggested he would be helpful and to call back later in the week. I called on Friday, October 24th and reached another receptionist with a British accent who told me something different, acted as a roadblock, and refused to be helpful. She also told me that my records were at the old practice and that I would have to deal with them.

So, I called the old practice in Silver Spring. They refused to refill my Propecia unless I paid them a visit since they did not know me. I am on a health fund that is nearly maxed out for the year. Those people told me I had to otherwise contact Dr. Annulis. There is more detail behind this than I care to type, but basically both practices kept passing me back and forth that week, which obviously left me confused.

So, I called Dr. Annulis's practice again, explained to another receptionist (not the same one with the British accent) that I was getting several different stories from his office, that the people in Silver Spring wouldn't help me and suggested that I call Dr. Annulis. After holding, Dr. Annulis answered the phone, and he sounded annoyed.

What followed truly amazed me. I was only trying to resolve several sources of inconsistent information I had received, and if he couldn't refill my prescription, I was OK with that as long as he really couldn't. I just wasn't for sure at that point if that was correct. Dr. Annulis cuts me off after saying about ten words and said "Let's cut to the chase". Dr. Annulis interrupted me, raised his voice, talked over me, would not allow me to speak, and started arguing about things that he made assumptions on and weren't even relevant to the situation. I just needed to know if he could or could not refill my prescription and why, but he started going on about these other things that weren't even relevant. I finally had to hang up on him.

In this phone call, the doctor showed his true colors. I was no longer his patient and no longer lived in the same area as him where I could warn other potential patients, so he probably felt that now he could talk to me and treat me anyway he wanted without any reprecussions.

I strongly suggest that you stay away from this guy and his practice. This doctor is extremely unprofessional.

Last edited by a moderator:

cashncarry

I was Dr. Annulis's patient when he was in Silver Spring. Both he and doctor Benner used to have a practice there until earlier this year. Then, one day I get a letter in the mail saying the practice was sold and that all the doctors were moving out of the Washington area, which I thought was rather strange. Why would all the doctors be in agreement to sell a practice and all of them move out of a major city to a small town and, much more, move to the same place?

I was never happy with Dr. Annulis's services to begin with. However, I didn't want to find another doctor again given I had a major relocation of my own looming on the horizon. I originally changed doctors because had decided that my doctor in Charles Village in Baltimore was no longer convenient for me to travel to.

In the time Dr. Annulis treated me, I found him to be a person that loved to hear himself talk and not listen. I found his demeanor superficial. He also liked to push medications. Over the course of two visits, he persuaded me to take an anitdepressant called Lexapro. I had heard about the side effects and didn't want it. After he continued to encourage me, I gave it a try. After six days, the drug made me feel crazy, and I stopped taking it. However, the withdrawal from only taking it six days was everlasting. I had occasional tingling in my left ear for about a year afterwards. He must have been getting some kickback to prescribe it.

He also on his own accord tried to get me to change dermatologist. Why? I have no idea. I hadn't told him anything bad about my dermatologist. My guess is the guy he was suggesting was a buddy. He asked out of the blue and for no apparent reason "Are you happy with him?" When I didn't answer fast enough for him, he condescendingly said "The answer is either a 'yes' or 'no'." This was the last time I saw Dr. Annulis.

Well, my move still hasn't come through although I now expect it to happen at any time. My perscription for Propecia ran out. Propecia is innocuous. It's for hair growth. I called his new office in Lexington Park to ask if he would refill it and call it into the pharmacy.My first call to his office was on October 20th and 21st. Both days the office was apparently closed. I left a message on the 21st and got a call back from his answering service, who suggested he would be helpful and to call back later in the week. I called on Friday, October 24th and reached another receptionist with a British accent who told me something different, acted as a roadblock, and refused to be helpful.

I had contacted the people who bought Dr. Benner's practice in Siver Spring, and they refused to refill my Propecia unless I paid them a visit. I am on a health fund that is nearly maxed out for the year. Those people told me I had to otherwise contact Dr. Annulis.

So, I called Dr. Annulis's practice again, explained to another receptionist (not the same one with the British accent) that I was getting several different stories from his office, that the people in Sliver Spring wouldn't help me and suggested that I call Dr. Annulis. After holding, Dr. Annulis answered the phone, and he sounded annoyed.

What followed truly amazed me. I was only trying to resolve several sources of inconsistent information I had received, and if he couldn't refill my prescription, I was OK with that as long as he really couldn't. I just wasn't for sure at that point if that was correct. Dr. Annulis cuts me off after saying about ten words and said "Let's cut to the chase". Dr. Annulis interrupted me, raised his voice, talked over me, would not allow me to speak, and started arguing about things that he made assumptions on and weren't even relevant to the situation. I just needed to know if he could or could not refill my prescription and why, but he started going on about these other things that weren't even relevant. I finally had to hang up on him.

In this phone call, the doctor showed his true colors. I was no longer his patient and no longer lived in the same area as him where I could warn other potential patients, so he probably felt that now he could talk to me and treat me anyway he wanted without any reprecussions.

I strongly suggest that you stay away from this guy and his practice. This doctor is extremely unprofessional.

It's sad that you would bad mouth a doctor for the silliest of all excuses. You do not have a life threatning illness and thining hair does not qualify nor is it an emergency requiring all the phone calls. It's obvious to me that since your your 'health fund 'is nearly maxed out what you reallly wanted was for your prescription to be filled without making and paying for an office visit. You are a waste of a doctor's time and energy. You sound like a PITA to me. Go find another doctor, maybe one you can minupulate.

F

fedacct

It's sad that you would bad mouth a doctor for the silliest of all excuses. You do not have a life threatning illness and thining hair does not qualify nor is it an emergency requiring all the phone calls. It's obvious to me that since your your 'health fund 'is nearly maxed out what you reallly wanted was for your prescription to be filled without making and paying for an office visit. You are a waste of a doctor's time and energy. You sound like a PITA to me. Go find another doctor, maybe one you can minupulate.

And it's sad that you would make disparging comments, resort to childish name calling, and start a fight (through a discussion board and not face-to-face no less) with someone you don't even know, over a situation that you don't even know about, and over something that would seem to have nothing to do with you (unless you're the doctor or office staff in disguise, which I think you might be). How pathetic. Get a life, and grow up.

Your comments didn't even address my points: the unnecessary rudeness of the doctor, the conflicting information I was receiving (and being passed back and forth), nor the obvious that Propecia isn't the type of drug that merits an office visit, unnecessarily draining my health fund, esp when I'm in transit and it makes no practical sense to establish myself with a new doctor. Oh, and while I'm at it, what about pushing a drug on me that I didn't want to begin with that continued to cause me problems a year down the road? And to say I'm silly to expect basic civility from a doctor that I patronized and helped support just because my call wasn't of a life threatening nature is just plain ridiculous.

For your information, I later called my old doctor in Baltimore, who willingly refilled my perscription without an unnecessary office visit. Obviously, my story must have some merit if he was willing to do it.

This post speaks for itself. You took this way too personally to be independent. I think you are someone from the practice or probably even the doctor himself.

Actually, the original post that started this whole thread looks suspect and sounds like a pretty lame attempt to advertise and start a buzz about the practice. For example, couldn't the person just call directory assistance or look on the web for the name and phone number. Since she was able to post here, she was obviously already on the web and able to find those answers herself. Why did she need to ask these questions in a discussion forum, and why did she specifically have to pointedly blast this so called Dr. Shah? Doesn't make much sense, does it?

Last edited by a moderator:

cashncarry

And it's sad that you would make disparging comments, resort to childish name calling, and start a fight (through a discussion board and not face-to-face no less) with someone you don't even know and over a situation that you don't even know about and over something that would seem to have nothing to do with you (unless you're the doctor or office staff in disguise, which I think you might be). How pathetic. Get a life, and grow up.

Your comments didn't even address my points: the unnecessary rudeness of the doctor, the conflicting information I was receiving (and being passed back and forth), nor the obvious that Propecia isn't the type of drug that merits an office visit, unnecessarily draining my health fund, esp when I'm in transit and it makes no practical sense to establish myself with a new doctor. Oh, and while I'm at it, what about pushing a drug on me that I didn't want to begin with that continued to cause me problems a year down the road? And to say I'm silly to expect otherwise from a doctor that I patronized and helped support although my call wasn't of a life threatening nature is just plain ridiculous.

This post speaks for itself. I think you are someone from the practice or probably even the doctor himself. You took this way too personally to be independent.

For your information, I later called my old doctor in Baltimore, who willingly refilled my perscription without an unnecessary office visit. Obviously, my story must have some merit if he was willing to do it.
You are WRONG on all accounts.

Ken430TX

Dr. Annulis is an exceptionally good doctor

I was never happy with Dr. Annulis's services to begin with. However, I didn't want to establish myself with another doctor again given I had a major relocation of my own looming on the horizon. I originally changed doctors because had decided that my doctor in Charles Village in Baltimore was no longer convenient for me to travel to.

Well, my move still hasn't come through although I now expect it to happen at any time. My perscription for Propecia ran out. Propecia is innocuous. It's for hair growth. I saw no reason to have to establish myself with a new doctor over a perscription like this especially since I will be relocating out of state in a month or two. I called his new office in Lexington Park to ask if he would refill it and call it into the pharmacy.

My first call to his office was on October 20th and 21st. Both days the office was apparently closed despite no message indicating as such. I left a message on the 21st and got a call back from his answering service, who suggested he would be helpful and to call back later in the week. I called on Friday, October 24th and reached another receptionist with a British accent who told me something different, acted as a roadblock, and refused to be helpful. She also told me that my records were at the old practice and that I would have to deal with them.

So, I called the old practice in Silver Spring. They refused to refill my Propecia unless I paid them a visit since they did not know me. I am on a health fund that is nearly maxed out for the year. Those people told me I had to otherwise contact Dr. Annulis. There is more detail behind this than I care to type, but basically both practices kept passing me back and forth that week, which obviously left me confused.

So, I called Dr. Annulis's practice again, explained to another receptionist (not the same one with the British accent) that I was getting several different stories from his office, that the people in Silver Spring wouldn't help me and suggested that I call Dr. Annulis. After holding, Dr. Annulis answered the phone, and he sounded annoyed.

I take exception with every paragraph in this writer's comments. Obviously he has an ax to grind. I have been a patient of Dr. Annulis for the past two years since he relocated to southern Maryland. He is a great diagnostician, and takes as much time as needed to resolve your medical issue. In one visit, he even consulted with a specialist via telephone to aid with my care. He is the most thoughtful and professional physician I have ever met, although I am only 60 years old. He is a tremendous asset to southern Maryland and I highly recommend him as a physician.

F

fedacct

Tom Annulis debate

You are WRONG on all accounts.

Again, why are very fanatically defending this doctor unless you have some vested interest (such as being the doctor himself or one of his staff)? Why does it bother you so much?

I'm just one person's opinion. It's really not that serious.

F

fedacct

I take exception with every paragraph in this writer's comments. Obviously he has an ax to grind. I have been a patient of Dr. Annulis for the past two years since he relocated to southern Maryland. He is a great diagnostician, and takes as much time as needed to resolve your medical issue. In one visit, he even consulted with a specialist via telephone to aid with my care. He is the most thoughtful and professional physician I have ever met, although I am only 60 years old. He is a tremendous asset to southern Maryland and I highly recommend him as a physician.
I have an axe to grind because he treated me terribly. I'm glad he treated you so well, if in fact you aren't the doctor or a member of the office staff, but don't discount someone's review just because you disagree with it or had a different experience.

This goes back to the reply I made to cashncarry.......why do you care about my opinion so much. Sounds very suspect.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

He's got a Nurse Practitioner that is awesome too.. Dr Benner and Jenni Carrico.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Again, why are very fanatically defending this doctor unless you have some vested interest (such as being the doctor himself or one of his staff)? Why does it bother you so much?

I'm just one person's opinion. It's really not that serious.

Why would you come back and respond the a thread that is 3+ years old?

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I have an axe to grind because he treated me terribly. I'm glad he treated you so well, if in fact you aren't the doctor or a member of the office staff, but don't discount someone's review just because you disagree with it or had a different experience.

This goes back to the reply I made to cashncarry.......why do you care about my opinion so much. Sounds very suspect.

Why are carrying a grudge almost four years later?
You've posted 5 times in 4 years all bashing Dr. Annulus

Dr. Annulus doesn't even practice there anymore.
I wish he was still there, although Dr. Benner and his staff are excellent.

You need to get a life.

Last edited: